Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Holding onto new conquests with Allied Gov is super easy most of the time. Giving it the ability to convert to your own culture makes them overpowered.

We can't make it convert to "your own culture", all buildings can only convert to one pre-selected culture. That's one of the reasons we went with rel_x - it's equally annoying to all factions because no one else uses it.

Yes, I know it converts to Eleutheroi. That would be the trade-off: the "Trusted Allied State" would provide greater benefits overall, but would increase Eleutheroi culture significantly more than the other options. In effect, you make it more difficult to integrate the Allied State (read: replace the Allied gov with a Factional one) in exchange for the near-full support of the local notables, potentially even allowing faction-specific elites. There'd still be the "standard" Closely-Allied Gov, which better preps the province for eventual integration. Think of it as a short-term Allied State vs. a long-term Allied State.

I suggest that someone with knowledge in map editing, please, for the love of God, do a visual makeover of the campaign map.

It does not have to effect any values whatsoever, just a visual brush.

I will try and see how to do this myself, but it will likely take months since I have no idea of it apart from browsing the workshop subforum.

The problem is just some of the mountains, specially on the eastern part of the map.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    I suggest that someone with knowledge in map editing, please, for the love of God, do a visual makeover of the campaign map.

It does not have to effect any values whatsoever, just a visual brush.

I will try and see how to do this myself, but it will likely take months since I have no idea of it apart from browsing the workshop subforum.
    There's no such thing as not affecting any values, if we change the map, we change the pathfinding and other elements of it in the campaign. If we make the mountains bigger, there will be less playable area.

And in any case, our mapper has gone awol.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    there will be less playable area.
    So?

The map is enormous, it will barely be noticed if the mountain areas are done properly.

The map itself looks good, but the ice cube sprinkles across the flatlands ruin it.

There has to be immersive topography ffs.

most of the african mountains and the alps look great in the mod imo, iirc they were done by that mapper that went awol so now i guess they cant do anything more unless someone that can mod the map joins the team.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    So?

The map is enormous, it will barely be noticed if the mountain areas are done properly.

The map itself looks good, but the ice cube sprinkles across the flatlands ruin it.

There has to be immersive topography ffs.
    So Anatolia, the Caucasus and Greece will become unplayable, with nowhere to move armies or fight battles. Every tile immediately adjacent to a mountain tile is impassable. Your "immersive topography" equals awful gameplay.

Yeah, as if every hill tile results in a damn cliff battle, you are exaggerating.

Literally all other mods did not do what EBII did to the map and they lived.

Right now, I'm getting a sense that industry-buildings (small scale industry, etc.) don't really help in terms of their income bonus since their bonus is lost to the upkeep of temples plus the stategic-fortification line plus the coastal-patrol line. But since income can't be negative, you don't get any penalty for not having industry. For any well-developed city, you end up with zero net income, or close to it. Only thing is the trade bonus and the possible trade bonus of other structures hinging on the existence of the industry building. Might one increase the income of higher industry buildings (e.g. +200/+400/+600 for small-scale/large-scale/region-wide), so that it's worth investing in them even with an otherwise well-developed settlement but without making the small-scale version overly powerful? That way one might actually get a use out of investing in higher ones without treating it just like a trade-bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyak View Post
    Right now, I'm getting a sense that industry-buildings (small scale industry, etc.) don't really help in terms of their income bonus since their bonus is lost to the upkeep of temples plus the stategic-fortification line plus the coastal-patrol line. But since income can't be negative, you don't get any penalty for not having industry. For any well-developed city, you end up with zero net income, or close to it. Only thing is the trade bonus and the possible trade bonus of other structures hinging on the existence of the industry building. Might one increase the income of higher industry buildings (e.g. +200/+400/+600 for small-scale/large-scale/region-wide), so that it's worth investing in them even with an otherwise well-developed settlement but without making the small-scale version overly powerful? That way one might actually get a use out of investing in higher ones without treating it just like a trade-bonus.
    We're reviewing the system in place for income bonuses/penalties at the moment. It's too easy for those to be flattened to 0 by all the penalties accumulated with construction.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We're reviewing the system in place for income bonuses/penalties at the moment. It's too easy for those to be flattened to 0 by all the penalties accumulated with construction.
    On balance though, it is relatively easy to accumulate vast amounts of money once you got the chance to build up a solid economy, and continue to improve on it. Unless of course you keep a full stack in every city...

edit: while we're at it, the new Ulatomarkakoi (Galatian heavy cav) carry their shields in a way that causes a significant clipping issue (if that's the right term. The shield is stuck in the horse) when in default stance. I'd suggest the shield should be angled with the lower edge pointing backward, like the Thraikioi Mezenai (Thracian light lancers) carry it. Looks more sensible for cavalry, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    On balance though, it is relatively easy to accumulate vast amounts of money once you got the chance to build up a solid economy, and continue to improve on it. Unless of course you keep a full stack in every city...
    I very much agree. There shouldn't be more income overall. But then either the direct-income mechanic shouldn't exist (that would also kill the upkeep concept though, so that would be sad), or making direct income via industry or similar viable should be balanced out by minor reduction of income in other areas in the right contexts. Right now it's just a false promise of extra income, which might give newcomers (who might be unaware of the fact that income can't go below zero in a city -- not an obvious thing) the wrong impression about the usefulness of the building, and makes the building mostly decorative for those in the know. Glad the issue is being looked at!

But if you do go over 50k, 100k or 150k be prepared to deal with corruption trait triggers associated with your treasury size...

For my last Boii playthrough I had large garrisons in almost all my border areas(which is a HUGE area to defend because the Boii are Central European, and surrounded by hostile factions), and with construction prices I struggled to get over 30k, even with a good income going. I was really trying to avoid those corruption triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    But if you do go over 50k, 100k or 150k be prepared to deal with corruption trait triggers associated with your treasury size...
    That doesn't really help with keeping the treasury size down though, it just turns all your FMs into insufferable douchebags. I'mma try the excessive border garrison trick next, but having so many huge standing armies feels kind of wrong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyak View Post
    I very much agree. There shouldn't be more income overall. But then either the direct-income mechanic shouldn't exist (that would also kill the upkeep concept though, so that would be sad), or making direct income via industry or similar viable should be balanced out by minor reduction of income in other areas in the right contexts. Right now it's just a false promise of extra income, which might give newcomers (who might be unaware of the fact that income can't go below zero in a city -- not an obvious thing) the wrong impression about the usefulness of the building, and makes the building mostly decorative for those in the know. Glad the issue is being looked at!
    We have a concept in place and will be testing it soon (i.e. in-game tests over a long period - the initial concept has been validated in sand box tests). Large factions will likely see an initial boost to income, but that will quickly dissipate as they begin building or upgrading the malus income structures. Going forward, all the positive/minus bonus income structures should work as intended.
    Last edited by Kull; November 20, 2017 at 03:39 PM.
    EBII Council

Is there any way to implement a system like this: when you recruit units in a province of your kingdom, the population of the province decrease by the number of soldiers recruited , then when you disband units the population of a region increase by the number of soldiers being disbanded ? This would reflect the land and property you offer to your soldiers after their service...
    Last edited by Kaskad; November 21, 2017 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskad View Post
    Is there any way to implement a system like this: when you recruit units in a province of your kingdom, the population of the province decrease by the number of soldiers recruited , then when you disband units the population of a region increase by the number of soldiers being disbanded ? This would reflect the land and property you offer to your soldiers after their service...
    Not without a massive script larger even than the recruitment limitation script. It would have to check every province, every turn, for every unit being recruited/disbanded.

Is there New parthian unit in upcoming versions (like parthian thureophoroi)?