Page 57 of 127 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2525

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

I don't know if it is too much to ask or has already previously been addressed elsewhere, but would it be possible to have the ability to build ships limited for the "nomad" (& to a lesser extent "urban tribal") type culture to only places that are settled towns & not the camps? Or possibly enact the ability by enabling thru a reform or capture of a settled city?

I ask because it seems ahistorical for nomads to be able to ship stacks anywhere by boat during this time period. I consistently see Massylia and Nabatu doing this in my campaigns outside of their sphere of influence. For example, Massylia trying to capture southern France & Nabatu going for the Aegean. Same goes for the two spanish factions countering carthage with navies or the indian one with selucid.

also, could Sigan be changed to a small town instead of a camp? seems weird that all the other settlements along north africa are towns but that one is the only camp.

what about rebel generals for 2.3 being set to "defend only their homeland' instead of moving outside of their territory in order to attack mainstream factions?
    so for example, have 1 stack be the "garrison" and 1 other to be "roaming patrol" of the area.
    this would only apply to those settlements below a certain size, say large town & smaller.
    the ones with city walls could be free to attack whoever is near due to the existent infrastructure to replace warriors after battle.

Quote Originally Posted by romulus_remus View Post
    I don't know if it is too much to ask or has already previously been addressed elsewhere, but would it be possible to have the ability to build ships limited for the "nomad" (& to a lesser extent "urban tribal") type culture to only places that are settled towns & not the camps? Or possibly enact the ability by enabling thru a reform or capture of a settled city?

I ask because it seems ahistorical for nomads to be able to ship stacks anywhere by boat during this time period. I consistently see Massylia and Nabatu doing this in my campaigns outside of their sphere of influence. For example, Massylia trying to capture southern France & Nabatu going for the Aegean. Same goes for the two spanish factions countering carthage with navies or the indian one with selucid.
    Uh, I'll see what the rest of the team think. EDIT: That's a "no, we're not permanently handicapping certain factions just because".

also, could Sigan be changed to a small town instead of a camp? seems weird that all the other settlements along north africa are towns but that one is the only camp.
    Sigan is a convertible camp. In 2.3 it's a pastoral settlement, meaning it has dispersed urbanisation rather than centralised. You'll have to wait for 2.3 to see the impact of that status, but there's no longer such a hard line between city and camp.

what about rebel generals for 2.3 being set to "defend only their homeland' instead of moving outside of their territory in order to attack mainstream factions?
    so for example, have 1 stack be the "garrison" and 1 other to be "roaming patrol" of the area.
    this would only apply to those settlements below a certain size, say large town & smaller.
    the ones with city walls could be free to attack whoever is near due to the existent infrastructure to replace warriors after battle.
    Simply not possible to do. We can't code the Rebel CAI to that degree, even if it didn't have a stunted version of the AI compared to the regular factions. We don't have the ability to make them do much of anything.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; September 20, 2017 at 06:27 AM.

Not sure if this is something that you could change or not, but it would be nice if we could change the tax rate in camps. I know that the camp is just a retooling of the M2TW castle, where taxes are set to normal, but it is reeeeaaaaally frustrating me not being able to change taxes in far away camp settlements, which as a result always rebel periodically (if I could drop them to low taxes, most would be fine). As there seems to be no historical reason for taxe rates being fixed in camps, I don't see why not.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Not sure if this is something that you could change or not, but it would be nice if we could change the tax rate in camps. I know that the camp is just a retooling of the M2TW castle, where taxes are set to normal, but it is reeeeaaaaally frustrating me not being able to change taxes in far away camp settlements, which as a result always rebel periodically (if I could drop them to low taxes, most would be fine). As there seems to be no historical reason for taxe rates being fixed in camps, I don't see why not.
    It's hardcoded, I believe.

Note camps suffer less from a lot of the sources of unrest for this reason. Though garrisons are also less effective, too. Use Allied Governments and move your capital.

QuintusSertorius;15409359]Uh, I'll see what the rest of the team think. EDIT: That's a "no, we're not permanently handicapping certain factions just because".
    I'm not sure if you understood what I was implying. I'm not talking about permanently handicapping any factions, just rather limiting their ability to build fleets early on as they are nomads, i.e. moving around ON LAND. For factions such as these I was proposing that they gain that ability by capturing a settlement with a, say lvl 2 port or above; or contrarily making that specific unit, boats, something they gain after a reform/specified date.
    It really sucks having to fight Numidians in Gaul all the *blank* time!

Sigan is a convertible camp. In 2.3 it's a pastoral settlement, meaning it has dispersed urbanisation rather than centralised. You'll have to wait for 2.3 to see the impact of that status, but there's no longer such a hard line between city and camp.
    I thought you guys could just make it a "Punic/Greek" style setled town like the rest of those along the northern African border seeing as Phoenicia had traded up all along these areas prior to the time period. It kinda seems weird having that one "pastoral" camp just sitting there in the middle of the others.

Simply not possible to do. We can't code the Rebel CAI to that degree, even if it didn't have a stunted version of the AI compared to the regular factions. We don't have the ability to make them do much of anything.
    Then why do some of those rebel generals take it upon themselves to travel through faction controlled areas to attack certain cities, while others do not?

Then why do some of those rebel generals take it upon themselves to travel through faction controlled areas to attack certain cities, while others do not?
    If you figure that out, please let us know. Not even kidding.
    EBII Council

I had an idea and wanted to know what you think about it.

Is it possible to make a script that downgrades a city if their population gets under a certain threshold? Like if you conquer a 8000 pop city and then enslave them so that only 4000 pop remain then the script would fire and downgrade the city to a large town? Possibly by demolishing the city walls and spawning large town walls instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricity View Post
    I had an idea and wanted to know what you think about it.

Is it possible to make a script that downgrades a city if their population gets under a certain threshold? Like if you conquer a 8000 pop city and then enslave them so that only 4000 pop remain then the script would fire and downgrade the city to a large town? Possibly by demolishing the city walls and spawning large town walls instead.
    Not possible; while you can create_building on an individual scale (ie upgrade the walls), you can't destroy_building in an individual settlement. That only works on a factional basis, and you can't build an earlier version of a building with the script.

Ah damn it, I had hoped it would be possible I hate having a city with only 600 pop because I had to enslave or sack them several times to get rid of rebels.

Would it be possible to allow Kleon to be made into a client king in Sparta should Pyrrhus successfully capture it? My understanding is that was (ostensibly) the casus belli for the Epirote invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    Would it be possible to allow Kleon to be made into a client king in Sparta should Pyrrhus successfully capture it? My understanding is that was (ostensibly) the casus belli for the Epirote invasion.
    Already done in the campaign_script for 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Every time I think I've reached peak hype for 2.3 you guys go and drop some other tantalizing bit of information! Why can't it just be release time already? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Because we're still playtesting and removing little bugs that would annoy everyone if we released as-is.

Because we're still playtesting and removing little bugs that would annoy everyone if we released as-is.
    THX!When I wake up,the first thing is to see EB2 in TWC.

If it's not too much trouble for you, ie a simple copy paste into the campaign script etc. Could you post the necessary bits of code to make this possible in 2.2r?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    If it's not too much trouble for you, ie a simple copy paste into the campaign script etc. Could you post the necessary bits of code to make this possible in 2.2r?
    For a game in progress, you can manage the relevant bits through the console:
    Code:
                    console_command remove_trait Kleon FamilyTracker ; To stop Interloper/Impostor appearing
                    console_command remove_trait Kleon  Spartiates
                    console_command give_trait Kleon  ClientRuler 2
                    console_command give_trait Kleon  Client090 1
    Alternatively, select him when he's outside the settlement and use this instead of his name.

Thanks, it was just one thing that was bugging me about my Epirus campaign.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd like to see some provincial campaigns. I vaguely remember before initial release that was plans for a beta "Gaza" campaign. I really like the idea of that and I'd really like to see how EBII functions on a smaller scale. The kind of campaigns that Rome II offered where cool concepts, especially the Hannibal at the Gates and Caesar in Gaul campaigns. I do know that such ideas would take ALLOT of work, but its just and idea

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    I'd like to see some provincial campaigns. I vaguely remember before initial release that was plans for a beta "Gaza" campaign. I really like the idea of that and I'd really like to see how EBII functions on a smaller scale. The kind of campaigns that Rome II offered where cool concepts, especially the Hannibal at the Gates and Caesar in Gaul campaigns. I do know that such ideas would take ALLOT of work, but its just and idea
    They would indeed be pretty cool. No idea when we'd find the time to do it, but it's possible someone might take an interest. I've got my own little submod, who knows how that might evolve over time.