Page 53 of 127 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2525

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Im finding one thing that is not good for the mod. The fact that the original dynasty tends to die. For example playing with the Seleucids. The Seleukid blood tends to die because there's no marriages or princesses. And there's so much adoptions coming every turn but no bride presented... I also tried to not accept any adoption or man of the hours or husbands and after a more than 50 turns and even if the only left is the Seleukid bloodline characters they still dont marry and dont have babies. Is there way you could improve this?

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by kingofportugal View Post
    Im finding one thing that is not good for the mod. The fact that the original dynasty tends to die. For example playing with the Seleucids. The Seleukid blood tends to die because there's no marriages or princesses. And there's so much adoptions coming every turn but no bride presented... I also tried to not accept any adoption or man of the hours or husbands and after a more than 50 turns and even if the only left is the Seleukid bloodline characters they still dont marry and dont have babies. Is there way you could improve this?
    That's a problem I've brought up multiple times. I had to ship countless Fm's with ships to their deaths fighting pirates to even get a wife for my son as the seleucids. (+ cheating to all hell to give him billions of fertility traits.)
    The thing is the seleucid family tree is bloated waaaaaay to much. They are historic people with their own awesome bios but there is no evidence for them being related directly to the king. It would be so much better if we just make most of them generals outside the tree. The weird medieval 2 system is just annoying and does not work that well with such big trees

Hi, I have a question/suggestion concerning Baktria or even Saka. Has there ever been any ideas or concepts for making indo-greek/indo-saka government buildings or reforms for when Baktria or Saka expands into India? Parthia has the Indo-Parthian Kingdom building, so maybe an Indo-Greek Kingdom building would be look similar to that.

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing a "mid" and "late" campaign options for those of us who'd like to play with more developed factions or want to be able to skip certain reforms. Or perhaps have campaign options set during specific wars or something? Perhaps the second or third Punic Wars, the Social War, the Servile Wars, the Syrian Wars etc, etc, etc. Also some provincial campaigns would be a cool idea as well. Perhaps an Italic Provincial Campaign during the Samnite War or of Greece during the Peloponnesian War or Greco-Persian War.
    You do realize how much work that would take?

Icon1 Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    That's a problem I've brought up multiple times. I had to ship countless Fm's with ships to their deaths fighting pirates to even get a wife for my son as the seleucids. (+ cheating to all hell to give him billions of fertility traits.)
    The thing is the seleucid family tree is bloated waaaaaay to much. They are historic people with their own awesome bios but there is no evidence for them being related directly to the king. It would be so much better if we just make most of them generals outside the tree. The weird medieval 2 system is just annoying and does not work that well with such big trees
    Yeah i just send all my family members against the nearby rebels but they often survive. Ships are quite expensive.

In medieval total war 2 There was a thing that I really liked that was a the bloodlines traits. So basically it was easier to keep the bloodline with princesses. For example playing as the Portuguese you had the Portuguese Blood trait: +1 loyalty +1 command. And then another thing I did was trying to get as many of other bloodlines mixed with mine. At certain point I had Portuguese blood, Castillian blood, kievan Blood, English blood, all in one. It was awesome. Though the trait normally said "He is related to the legendary King <""> though this only gives him a seem of entitlement." aahah. If you could implement this in EB2 would be awesome. I would love to have my heir with Romani blood and Greek Blood and make them super awesome.

About the armour upgrades... I was writing a post but then came up with something interesting IMO. You don't have to only create armour upgrades, you can create downgrades. The hell do I mean?

You have an existing model X of a unit. You create a less armoured version model Y. You make Y into the default model (reduce stats by 2.5). Then the model X you had previously becomes an armour upgrade!
    For example you don't have to make an armour upgrade for hoplites which would turn them into gold-plated gods. You can add a "poor" version of them instead, keep the current model as an upgrade.

What my post was originally meant to be:
    For sure do work on new units now. After you're finished maybe it'd be better to rework some older models and textures first. Armours should be lower on the priority list and that's understandable. I'm saying this despite the fact I extremely enjoy armour upgrades, to the point where I modded my vanilla game: I added armour upgrades in the EDU to most units which shared models, so that nearly every militia spearmen/archers etc. could have three armour upgrades (up to heavy mail).

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    You do realize how much work that would take?
    Yes actually I do, I have done my fair share of personal MTWII modding, I've also been part of a few modding teams here on the TWC when I had spare time. So yes I do know how much work that would take but thank you for your assistance in aiding me in ascertaining the true difficulty of such a task, it is much appreciated.

This is a suggestions space for FUTURE releases. These are things I'd personally like to see in EBII's FUTURE development. That certainly doesn't mean I would expect them to come anytime soon, if at all for that matter.
    Last edited by isa0005; June 03, 2017 at 07:38 PM.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Yes actually I do, I have done my fair share of personal MTWII modding, I've also been part of a few modding teams here on the TWC when I had spare time. So yes I do know how much work that would take but thank you for your assistance in aiding me in ascertaining the true difficulty of such a task, it is much appreciated.

This is a suggestions space for FUTURE releases. These are things I'd personally like to see in EBII's FUTURE development. That certainly doesn't mean I would expect them to come anytime soon, if at all for that matter.
    If these things ever come to pass, I doubt they'll be a product of the main team's effort. We're busy enough with the mod itself as it is and I personally wouldn't want to begin a new project when and if we finish EB II "vanilla" ("finished" here meaning, being satisfied with its state of development). Looking at similar endeavours in the past, the late-era spin-off for EB I eventually lost traction as well and though it managed to release a custom battle alpha, I don't think it'll release a playable campaign, at least not of the same quality as the main mod.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    If these things ever come to pass, I doubt they'll be a product of the main team's effort. We're busy enough with the mod itself as it is and I personally wouldn't want to begin a new project when and if we finish EB II "vanilla" ("finished" here meaning, being satisfied with its state of development). Looking at similar endeavours in the past, the late-era spin-off for EB I eventually lost traction as well and though it managed to release a custom battle alpha, I don't think it'll release a playable campaign, at least not of the same quality as the main mod.
    This is what I assumed, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to make a suggestion, to see if it generated any discussion or what not.

Ah yes, EBNOM was a wonderful thing wasn't it?

No need for the sarcasm, I was just asking. Your post didn't make it clear you aware how long it take.

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    No need for the sarcasm, I was just asking. Your post didn't make it clear you aware how long it take.
    Yeah my bad dude, I was having a terrible day, that's no excuse though. For my part I'm sorry for getting snarky

Is there a reason the Toxotai Kretikoi have such an open formation compared to, say, Kamandar i Kappodakiya? What is the justification? The TKs are better armoured and, from what I understand, trained from a young age etc., so why are they less disciplined in that regard than the KiKs?

Thank you for this very good mod.
    It is superb.

My sister and I are enjoying it regardless of the looking mountains any map has ever suffered.

I have a suggestion;

Join the 4 north-eastern European provinces into the wasteland province and join Ireland into a single province.

Use the now gained 5 provinces to further the map eastwards into India.

The area now gained north of India can simply be expanded on the already existing eastern map-border provinces.

Nothing happened in the Baltics and Slav lands during this mods period, it is senseless to waste provinces on those areas.

That my IMO suggestion.

For anyone interested, I created a map as to how my idea above would look like;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- three yellow line provinces joined togheter
    - three African provinces and Scandinavia joined to Terra Incognita
    - Terra Incognita passed along the north eastern corner, including the Himalayas and Tibet

The only issue is which faction to remove.

Um, sorry, but we're not making major changes to the map or removing factions.

I will try and make it myself as a submod.

It will take me about 9-11 months.

Well, I will try.

Regarding Reforms:
    -For Pontos and Pergamon, the battles requirement should probably get chopped- it doesn't really make sense for administrative reform to require large battlefield victories against certain factions (particularly since the AI is rarely cooperative).
    -For Baktria and Hayasdan, the independence requirement should probably just be to defeat the Seleukid army that spawns to attack your capital when you declare independence.
    -There should probably be some means in-game of seeing what the requirements for reform are if you're playing as an appropriate faction. Maybe the mission interface could be used?

Also, is there a known problem with Horse Archers in the mod? They currently don't behave properly- when they try to skirmish, it results in them getting scattered in a long line. Additionally, trying to skirmish breaks the 'Circle and Shoot' order.
    Last edited by Laser101; June 14, 2017 at 01:47 AM.

Why would we make the reforms so easy?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Why would we make the reforms so easy?
    It's less about them being easy than reducing the dependence on the AI cooperating.
    The conquest prerequisites would remain.

Elite units have an easier time gaining experience than thrash levies due to how Medieval 2 engine works. E.g. cavalry can almost gain a chevron with one solid charge but javelinmen... good luck getting them more than one bronze experience if any. Does EB2 take that into account? Strongest unit stats should be balanced around the fact that they will have more experience, so that their default attack and morale could be a bit lowered?