Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2525

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    and a bit better.
    Not entirely: the Lonchophoroi Hippeis have a slight armor advantage over the Raskumezenai, but that's perhaps the only advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    It does make Lonchophoroi Hippeis pretty much useless though. Raskumezenai are handily available in same area, are bit cheaper and a bit better. Also available both before and after reforms.
    Are you comparing the mercenary Raskumezenai to recruitable Lonchophoroi? Remember mercs start at 1XP, which boosts attack and morale. So unless you're recruiting the Lonchophoroi somewhere with a Gymnasion (or the merc version) it's not quite apples to apples.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

The Dominion of the Sword team succeded in including music for each faction individually. This could be used for adding flavour in within a cultural group.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

AI dont create alliances. Is there a plan to bring it back or it is disabled on purpose?

They don't do it as readily as they did before, but I've seen it happen.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I can confirm that for EB II v. 2.2d at the very least (the build that I'm still playing). In my Pergamon campaign, the Seleucids allied with both Hayasdan and Taksashila, for instance, while the Sweboz allied with the Lugiones. I can't recall if any of the factions I allied with ever proposed the idea or initiated such diplomatic talks. If memory serves, I think I'm the one who took the initiative in each of those cases.

2.2d is a long time behind in the changes in CAI.

They could do it more then, I havent seen them yet.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Wouldn't it make sense for the bosporan kingdom to have access to some few Rompaianai in their capital? It seems that thracian nobles are kinda hard to get for a kingdom with a thracian king^^

from bar kochva's work on the seleucid army it seems that the seleucids had both hetairoi and the agema. It seems that the agema was a native heavy cavalry unit armed in the classical hellenistic cav fashion. Could the seleucids maybe get such a unit?
    Last edited by alex33; May 25, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

Posted this in the FAQ thread, but realized it's better suited here:

Do the Marian reforms come with any changes in traits? If not, I think it would be interesting if the increased power of individual generals post Marius was reflected somehow. Perhaps by means of decreased FL authority, allowing selfish/disloyal FMs with large armies to prolong their imperium by means of pressuring the senate or by increasing the risk of rebellion by imperium wielding FMs with large armies situated in Italy. Or would that be more annoying than fun?

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense for the bosporan kingdom to have access to some few Rompaianai in their capital? It seems that thracian nobles are kinda hard to get for a kingdom with a thracian king^^

from bar kochva's work on the seleucid army it seems that the seleucids had both hetairoi and the agema. It seems that the agema was a native heavy cavalry unit armed in the classical hellenistic cav fashion. Could the seleucids maybe get such a unit?
    Were there actually many Thracians in the region to draw such a unit from?

Same reason we've created the Agema Phalangitai really. Not efficient to create too many similar units, when another can already do the job.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Were there actually many Thracians in the region to draw such a unit from?

Same reason we've created the Agema Phalangitai really. Not efficient to create too many similar units, when another can already do the job.
    I don't really know that much about the Bosphoran kingdom (sadly) but the Roster guide mentions them (alongside normal peltanai) so I thought they should have access to small amount of them.

Oh I see. I think a unit like this would be interessting as it shows how multicultural the seleucid army actually was. I think that a dominance of hellenistic units makes them look more of a pure macedonian army thats the same reason why i'm extremely sad about the exclusion of the syrian archers

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    I don't really know that much about the Bosphoran kingdom (sadly) but the Roster guide mentions them (alongside normal peltanai) so I thought they should have access to small amount of them.

Oh I see. I think a unit like this would be interessting as it shows how multicultural the seleucid army actually was. I think that a dominance of hellenistic units makes them look more of a pure macedonian army thats the same reason why i'm extremely sad about the exclusion of the syrian archers
    I honestly have no idea either. I assume they might be available as mercenaries, but I doubt there ought to be a recruitment pool for them in the crimea.

For context, we have no more than nine unassigned unit slots at the moment (which includes units not made of course). This without the faction list having been finalized. At least IMO we simply don't have the leeway to make units that benefit only one faction and are pretty similar to what we already have.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

There are Thracians in both merc pools and Local Colony pools in Crimea.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There are Thracians in both merc pools and Local Colony pools in Crimea.
    Perhaps, but no Rompianai, as asked above.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Perhaps, but no Rompianai, as asked above.
    They're nobility, not suitable either as mercenaries or settlers, thus you don't get them outside of their homelands.

I would definitely suggest to make the Campaign map a bit more "dynamic", it feels to flat, I mean just look at Asia Minor.

I have a suspicion what I'm about to say is impossible because it's hard-coded, but just in case it isn't or there's a work-around:

Is it possible to reduce the rate at which units gain experience for chasing down routers? It seems far too easy for cavalry to gain 2 or 3 chevrons a battle without actually engaging in any real combat but only by chasing down routers. (One might reply, the reduced effect of experience --compared to EB 1, that is -- ameliorates the impact of this, but this still means that cavalry gain disproportionate amounts of experience relative to infantry.)

On a similar note (and again, this is probably hard-coded and therefore futile), I get the sense that units stay "fresh" far too long in battle (running or fighting), but then go pass through being "fatigued" rather too quickly.

Experience is hardcoded, nothing we can do about that.

Fatigue is hardcoded in terms of progression (based on stat_heat and presence/absence of hardy/very_hardy) - but what you're experiencing is that we've changed the labels. There's only three rather than six levels, so you've got less idea of the exact state of units. There's no "Warmed Up" state, that just says "Fresh" as well, for example.

We did the same thing with morale, there are fewer of them, so you have less granular feedback on mental state.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 27, 2017 at 12:33 PM.

Why Egypt never accepts cease fire even when being totally crushed by Seleucids? Same seems to happen vs Epirus. All the others are good.

Why factions never submit to become vassal not matter what I do?

A big thing of the ancient times was vassal states. I think vassalage is very important and needs to be fixed.

Why there are no armor upgrades? Just make one building or one city per factions that allows for the armor upgrades (but absolutely dont make that building available to every single region that vulgarizes it). Say you build that armoury in your capital therefore you have a reason to recruit in your capital.

This one is just an idea and its very hard to do and probably it would have deep repercursions in the mod overall mechanics:
    The seleucids are overpowered. A possible solution for this while still remaining historical accurate would be to create another faction with the name Greek Empire, or Hellenic Empire that would comprise most of the seleucid empire as a VASSAL of the Seleucids. Then make this faction very likely to revolt against the Seleucids like a powder keg about to blow. This would still be historical accurate while it would make the faction less powerful and much more fragile as it was historically.

I played many hours with the Seleucid Empire. I would say its very good as it is but too easy. Probably what would make it more challenging would be to make them have less units available to them. They have so many units. Up the time need to wait to recruit. Keep both the lower inexpensive units like Toxotai (archers) and Akontistai (white dressed peltasts) pantodopois phalanx and pantodopoi hoplitai (lower class). Keep also the elite units that are awesome, but all the in betweens like normal hoplites take them down, or make them extremelly scarce in everything east to Pergamom, this way it will give the players more reason to play with the original Greek factions and give less power to the Seleucids. We are talking about the ex-persian empire its not like you have such an extreme greek influence yet. It had Greek influence but you didnt have there an established military tradition like in mainland Greece therefore there were less hoplites around. Mind you that the hoplites were not easy to train, it was a very cultural thing. You dont train a hoplite unit as fast as you train a roman unit.

Would be nice to see the Agemas Phalangites (Elite phalanx) with 25 defence instead of 20. And make them take years to train. Like 2 year minimum.

And please please make at least one unit on each faction distinguishly stronger no matter how expensive...Otherwise Ill just keep conquering the world with toxotai archers and peasant spearmen (make these ones even more weaker) to give you reason to go for stronger units while their price and upkeep is good but if you make them weaker make them even cheaper.

The best unit of the Lusitanians Nuri Uelde loses against Peltastai Makedones in custom battle. I think that is very unbalanced for the Lusitanians that are known to have defeated the Romans several times. Make Nuri Uelde unit bigger in size like 200. Make their attack or missile better no matter how expensive it should get. They definitely should be much stronger than the peltastai makedones no matter how rare or hard it should be to train them. And if necessary make the other lusitanian units less powerful, but this one should be powerful.

Anyways my opinions. Thank you.