Page 42 of 127 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Forts aren't coming back. The only reason we used them for wonders is the lack of anything else to attach them to.

Can the arrow towers be disabled for civilised factions, like they are for barbarian fortifications?
    They're doing more harm than good once the enemy breaches the walls.

remove towers or put then ahead of wall to give room to units fit ....ai got stuck easily on huge

The what now? I just want them to stop shooting.

I am not able to test it myself, but if it was possible to add a destructible section of palisade to the camps (hidden in a building or under the ground), then a script could maintain it permanently breached (with damage_wall...breach) and avoid the repair cost (with set_building_health). Hence camps could be immediatly attacked without siege equipment.

Not exactly the worst mod, thanks to the team for all the work.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

What the hell happened to some of the sticky threads? The "post your screenshots" one in particular. Does the team not value our input and shared images in that thread anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    What the hell happened to some of the sticky threads? The "post your screenshots" one in particular. Does the team not value our input and shared images in that thread anymore?
    I have no idea; I noticed a whole load had been un-stickied earlier and re-stickied those I could find easily.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I have no idea; I noticed a whole load had been un-stickied earlier and re-stickied those I could find easily.
    You have no idea what happened? That's weird. Here's the screenshots thread (people were posting to it just recently):

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...enshots/page25

In either case I love the fact that xHolyCrusader has revamped the Barbarian city settlement. I've been wanting to see this for months now and it's going to be such a huge improvement! On a much more minor point and in a stylistic suggestion, however, I'd like to see someone spruce up the (Western) Greek cities a little more. The Roman cities and eastern cities look superb, but the Western Greek settlements are still a bit...bland. In my opinion! Others may disagree. Still, you can't deny that they'd look better if you added a few more stoas, little temples, and some colorful mosaics, as they did have in real life:

Some brightly painted reliefs and statues would look great too:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gods_in_Color
    Color reconstruction of statue of a young girl from the Parthenon in Athens, 520 BC. Based on analysis of trace pigments:

Archer from the western pediment of the Temple of Aphaia on Aigina; reconstruction, color variant A; as exhibited in Athens

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Maybe there will be a twitter update about it.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Maybe there will be a twitter update about it.
    My interests in EB II have certainly peaked now. This is the sort of thing I could ogle at in amazement during each and every siege.

Up until very recently, I was unaware that any Greek or Roman statues had significant amounts of color to them, and that we only had trace pigments to rely on for making near total color reconstructions. Holy crap was I wrong! It would be insanely cool to see stuff like this in Greek and Roman cities. Take a look at these (first Greek, then Roman):

Terracotta vase in the shape of Dionysus' head, ca. 410 BC; on display in the Ancient Agora Museum in Athens, housed in the Stoa of Attalus

An ancient Greek pottery (terracotta) figurine from Taras (modern Taranto), Magna Graecia, Altes Museum

Remnants of a statue of Dionysos, Roman copy of a 4th-century BC Greek original, Palatine Museum, Rome

Funerary urn with two warriors fighting in the front-panel relief, Etruscan artwork, c. 150 BC, Casa Buonarroti, Florence

So-called Venus in a Bikini, actually Aphrodite untying her sandal (above an Eros), from Pompeii, 1st century AD, National Archaeological Museum, Naples

Ancient bust of Roman emperor Lucius Verus (r. 161-169) in the Bardo National Museum, Tunis

Remnants of a Roman bust of a youth with a blond beard, perhaps depicting Roman emperor Commodus (r. 177-192), National Archaeological Museum, Athens

Polychrome marble statue depicting the goddess Tyche holding the infant Plutus in her arms, 2nd century AD, Istanbul Archaeological Museum

A marble table support carved with a scene showing Dionysos (holding a rhyton), Pan and a Satyr, from Asia Minor, 170-180 AD, National Archaeological Museum, Athens, Greece

The Delphi Antinous is a cult statue of Antinous, sculpted in Parian marble during the reign of Hadrian (117-138 CE). H. 1.8 m (5 ft. 10 ¾ in.). Found in the temple of Apollo at Delphi, 1893. It can bee seen at the Archaeological Museum of Delphi.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

So the hanging gardens of Babylon wonder is getting removed I hear, do to lack of historical evidence?

Its still a nice garden building, can it stay in the game as just a regular garden model building, not specifically being the hanging gardens. Like something you might find in an eastern city? Not a wonder, just a fancy garden?

Should Thureophoroi be given an eventual chainmail upgrade with the Thorakitai reforms? This guy seems to be wearing chainmail. And by "chainmail upgrade" I do not mean every soldier be decked out in heavy armor like the Thorakitai, just a few of them in each unit.

A stele of Dioskourides, dated 2nd century BC, showing a Ptolemaic thureophoros soldier. It is a characteristic example of the "romanization" of the Ptolemaic army.

A few suggestions:

- In the description of Deiwoz, could i suggest to replace the following sentence:

"Deiwoz is symbolised by the sword and many warriors scratched his name in runes on their sword-blades for good luck and bravery during battle."

by this one (if it sounds correctly in english...):

"Deiwoz is symbolised by the sword and with the the creation of the runes many warriors will scratch the one that bears his name on their sword-blades for good luck and bravery during battle."

The creation of the runes is supposed to have taken place during the 1rst century BC, so clearly after the start of the campaign, which the reader doesn't necessarily know. There could be a misinterpretation. Furthermore, that would be a shame to not mention that a rune bears the name of Deiwoz: it stresses the old importance of the god.

- In the description of Thunroz:

"He is the patron god of smiths and craftsmen, god of furnace and forge, as well as strength."

The work on the germanic gods is serious and documented (thanks to the author(s)!), but i am more than perplexed in face of this sentence. In the norse mythology, all the weapons and other objects are created by the dvergar (dwarfs), even Mjölnir, the hammer of Thor/Thunroz... That's their function in almost all the myths in which they appear. Moreover, Thor never uses his weapon like a tool, always to kill (the giants) or resurrect (his goats), and "bless"(not sure if that's the correct word...). So i would suggest to reassess this sentence if it was possible...

- The scrolls of the barbarian UI are rather anachronistic, maybe wooden tablets would be more appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Should Thureophoroi be given an eventual chainmail upgrade with the Thorakitai reforms? This guy seems to be wearing chainmail. And by "chainmail upgrade" I do not mean every soldier be decked out in heavy armor like the Thorakitai, just a few of them in each unit.

A stele of Dioskourides, dated 2nd century BC, showing a Ptolemaic thureophoros soldier. It is a characteristic example of the "romanization" of the Ptolemaic army.
    Wouldn't the guy actually be a Thorakites if he's wearing maille, at least in EB terms?
    I like the idea, but the upgrade would have to be 1 maille shirt model, and it would add +1 overall armor, methinks.

Yes, here I go.

1) I'd like the mod contains a script for annexing a faction by marriage ties, something like this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14305024, only faction with culture and dynasties in common.

2) more scenarios campaigns, if that it is possible. second punic war (to get the chance to play with Hannibal or Antíocos III).

3) An script to see the previous rulers for year and faction, etc etc...

IMHO, regards

Will parthian late cataphracts have different mounts (like they did had in EB 1)?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Will parthian late cataphracts have different mounts (like they did had in EB 1)?
    There are no late cataphracts planned.

Just because something was in EB1 doesn't mean it will be in EBII.

^That's a shame. I honestly love the variety of cataphracts that are in the game. It's my ultimate fantasy to see dozens of different cataphract units, one for every occasion and every season.

Hopefully one day someone will produce a submod, where 90% of all the units are amazing looking cataphracts. And the other 10% are just infantry who are needed as necessary fodder to storm the walls. Completely ahistorical for most factions, but I think it would be funny to see a Gallic version of a cataphract.

Hmm, but i remember being told(answered) in one of my post that there will be late cataphracts for parthia.