Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950516691 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Have you guys thought of completely blocking recruitment outside winter?(or maybe just 2 turns) I wonder how it affects the AI.

New restrictions on the AI? Ofc, it will become even more retarded

mailmancer's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    New restrictions on the AI? Ofc, it will become even more retarded
    Constructive criticism would be great rathern than just "this idea is bad", i did acknowledge that it is very raw.

I was replying to romanius, Squidward

Jesús el Valiente's Avatar Laetus

One thing that I have noticed with the reforms was that with the Iberian Panapoly reforms there is a small issue with it...I haven't tested out if the Carthaginians can recruit the new Iberian Scutarii units after the reform but I can definitely say that the native Iberian factions (Lusotanii, Arevacii) cannot recruit the new Scutarii units, it does not affect their rosters at all, which was a little disappointing, the only way you could recruit these new Scutarii units is if you had an Allied Government style building in the Iberian Regions or if you picked them up via mercenary recruitment.

It would be fantastic if the Iberian Factions could recruit Scutarii straight out of their Faction Unit Rosters or not just Scutarii but all of the Native Iberian Units for that matter, the Caetratii, etc.

If that is not possible then just make Arevacii and Lusotanii Scutarii units? Like for the Arevacii for example a "Celtiberian Scutarii" Unit? It was just a wee bit of a let down for me to have been patiently waiting for this reform event to come up while playing as the Areuakoi and then realize the only people who probably benefit more from this are the non-Iberian Factions in Iberia

Leusitane and Arevaci can recruit Iberians with the Allied State government (the factional one, not an Allied Government). Their other forms involve migration of their peoples. Those Scutarii units are southern/eastern Iberians, that's the only place they come from.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; September 09, 2016 at 01:04 PM.

During my Areuakoi tests, I could recruit them fine with the factional allied state gov. They're great fun!

As far as I understand there was no family tree in Rome 2. But there is one in Atilla. So with all the information gathered to make EB 2 for Medieval 2, how much work would be needed and how much time would be required to make an EB 3 for Atilla?

Considering how long it took just for EBII and other mods just to get a first release out, I'm guessing that'd be an enormous amount of work.

Huge amount of work, plus a re-learning of skills which may not be applicable in the new engine.

Not really a suggestion, just a huge thank you for making this mod! It's hands down the most immersive historical game out there IMO. Thanks Dev Team!!

Didn't have EB I far more buildings ? I think Quiuntus once said that big cities should be hard to control but I always liked building Augures and what not. So am I just imagining it or are there in fact less buildings ??

We haven't finished using up all our building slots yet, just ftr. Though there are some cool new ones planned, and a few upgrades for existing trees

About late hellenistic cavalry skirmishers - isn't it better that they actually use swords as secondary weapons? Right now, them swords stay in the scabards, while they fight with javelins in melee. Feels like a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    We haven't finished using up all our building slots yet, just ftr. Though there are some cool new ones planned, and a few upgrades for existing trees
    Cool ! The more buildings the better.

Syracuse as a citadel

Are the guild buildings part of the same slots as the normal buildings?
    Seems like a useful feature and its even moddable right?

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

How big can siege battle maps be? Like, can the city (the part the defender could place troops and AI considers 'inside the walls') part of the map cover most of the actual map? Can cities have two (or more) sets of walls like castles could in vanilla? Can walls exist outside of the defenders deployment zone?

I ask because what I understand is that the 'minor settlements' didn't work because the AI thought there were walls when there wasn't, and so bunched up and acted like it was a siege battle, rather than a field battle. And so, if there were two sets of walls, and the outer wall is just a flimsy fence or short stone-pile wall, or something, and the space between the inner and outer walls was flat with maybe some decorative buildings, then maybe the AI will sally forth from the inner wall to meet your forces in the empty space where they technically consider as apart of the city. Creating a 'field battle that can turn into a retreat to the city' situation? That could help alleviate the 'siege total war' symptom of the engine.

That would just create more places to siege. The forts also caused serious problems on the campaign map and in battles the defenders have insane advantages because of that 'city center' where they get perfect morale.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    That would just create more places to siege. The forts also caused serious problems on the campaign map and in battles the defenders have insane advantages because of that 'city center' where they get perfect morale.
    that's the Raison d'ętre of walls give some advantage to the defender.i don't remember were i read that one men in the wall counted as 3 in the ground but its belivable.