Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647486388 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 2072

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

  1. #741
    Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    On the crossroads
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    I'm pretty sure this is hardcoded. If it wasn't, we could have removed the need for any siege engines in the case of nomad camps. On the other hand, what do I know about such things? [emoji14]
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

    My thanks in advance.

  2. #742

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the release. Don't know how many years it have been but you guys made a miracle.
    I have played the game for several days. Despite some CTDs issued with unspecified errors, it's good.
    However, I think unit balance needs to be recalculated.
    In general, 'barbarian' units are too inferior to those of Roman, Carthage and Hellenic factions. Take Roman principles and Carthage Liby-Phoenician Infantry as examples, I have played custom battles against many equal units (Celtic Batoroi, Iberian Scutari), and some high-rank units as Argoi or Nuri Uelde. Most of the times, Principles and Liby-Phoenician Infantry won.
    I understand that the Roman and Carthage soldiers have better equipments but 'barbarian' elite units are still no matched?

    I also play Celtic soldiers vs Phalangitai. 2 units of Batoroi attack 1 unit of Phalangitai from both side. Both was routed out despite attack from rear and side. The phalangitai soldiers are too strong. Overall I take 225 casualties (of 320 soldiers), they take only 50 casualties (of 240 soldiers).
    Hope you can take this as an issue to consider.

  3. #743
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,750

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Garyk View Post
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the release. Don't know how many years it have been but you guys made a miracle.
    I have played the game for several days. Despite some CTDs issued with unspecified errors, it's good.
    However, I think unit balance needs to be recalculated.
    In general, 'barbarian' units are too inferior to those of Roman, Carthage and Hellenic factions. Take Roman principles and Carthage Liby-Phoenician Infantry as examples, I have played custom battles against many equal units (Celtic Batoroi, Iberian Scutari), and some high-rank units as Argoi or Nuri Uelde. Most of the times, Principles and Liby-Phoenician Infantry won.
    I understand that the Roman and Carthage soldiers have better equipments but 'barbarian' elite units are still no matched?

    I also play Celtic soldiers vs Phalangitai. 2 units of Batoroi attack 1 unit of Phalangitai from both side. Both was routed out despite attack from rear and side. The phalangitai soldiers are too strong. Overall I take 225 casualties (of 320 soldiers), they take only 50 casualties (of 240 soldiers).
    Hope you can take this as an issue to consider.
    Units aren't balance on numbers, they're balanced on cost. Which is calculated according to unit size, equipment, status and training.

    1v1 or 2v2 Custom Battles are not representative of campaign battles, the dynamics of super-small battles aren't the same as proper ones with multiple moving part. There are elements of the BAI that only function in the campaign, and you don't get the proper impacts of AI generals, since there's no FMs in Custom Battle.

    Also, what battle difficulty are you playing on?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 27, 2016 at 04:00 AM.

  4. #744

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    i have been reading Fanula Papazoglu "Tribes of interior of Balkan Peninsula in times before roman conquest" , Interesting book concerning Triballi, Autariati, Dardanoi, Scordisci and Moesi. There is a nice description of few things we know of their armies.

    Scordisci were famous for their cavalry; huge Scordisci army made entirely of horseman fought with Romans near Argo in Macedonia in 119. BC.

    Dardanians were real thing; their armies were made entirely of disciplined heavy infantry fighting in close order; this is the weakness Macedonians used to defeat them, using light infantry and cavalry (wich Dardanians did not posses) to harass burdened retiring dardanian troops. Vegetius noted that Macedonians, Greeks and Dardanians used phalanxes.

    Tribalians were mostly armed with spears and javelins, Phillip II thigh was pierced with λογχη. Alexanders expedition against Tibalii is described.

    Autariati were true mercenaries that fought in army of Lysimach. There is no data of their equipment, but it is noted that they never leave behind their wounded comrades.

    Q: I know that there are plans for Triballian unit, but are there more balkan tribes units planned?

  5. #745

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    More of something that was simply overlooked, but please take off the vanilla m2tw voices for Sweboz and Lugiones, they have been there since the first version of the mod and it completely kills their immersion on the campaign to hear some false german accent on their diplomats, armies, and etc.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

    -Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

    Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

  6. #746
    alex33's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vindobona, Pannonia
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    More of something that was simply overlooked, but please take off the vanilla m2tw voices for Sweboz and Lugiones, they have been there since the first version of the mod and it completely kills their immersion on the campaign to hear some false german accent on their diplomats, armies, and etc.
    i think its worse when carthaginian units scream roma victrix



  7. #747
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,126

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    i think its worse when carthaginian units scream roma victrix
    YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME, BRO? HUH?





    Agreed. They should all be shouting in Punic if anything, although there is no Punic banter. You only hear them speaking Punic when you click on them.

  8. #748

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Will be added in future units for Sakas, any reforms and units to Getai/Thraikes? If you can, please detail)Thanks.

  9. #749
    alex33's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vindobona, Pannonia
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    How about we simply delete assassins? Those guys no matter how limited are just freaking annoying. I think i never ever used any only to kill other assassins who annoy me all the time



  10. #750
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,750

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Vledis2 View Post
    Will be added in future units for Sakas, any reforms and units to Getai/Thraikes? If you can, please detail)Thanks.
    More units are due for both, but there's no reforms planned for the Getai.

    Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    How about we simply delete assassins? Those guys no matter how limited are just freaking annoying. I think i never ever used any only to kill other assassins who annoy me all the time
    You can do that yourself, just comment them out of the market building in the EDB.

  11. #751

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Will Sweboz get some heavy unit in the future?

  12. #752

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    God knows they need it

  13. #753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    i just saw the indo-hellenikoi,
    is that the next version will have the indo-saka reform ?

  14. #754
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,750

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by merzhin View Post
    i just saw the indo-hellenikoi,
    is that the next version will have the indo-saka reform ?
    There's no Indo-Saka reform; however there is a Mauryan military reform for Taksashila (already in the game) which changes chariot archers for lancers and enables the two upper tiers of the Yavana Guild building, where they can recruit Indo-Hellenikoi. It will also bring in armoured horse archers for Taksashila, when that unit is done.

  15. #755
    CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pontos Parailos
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Buildings' income/expanse should be clear. It says Income(+) or Expanse(+-): +-400. What should I understand from it? I suggest:

    1. Add income or upkeep of the building at the end of its name. Example: FANVM MINERVAE (HOLY SITE OF MINERVA -50)
    or
    2. Add it to top of the building's description text.

    I prefer the first one.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

  16. #756
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    +- means upkeep and the last sign counts so it's -400

  17. #757
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,750

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Buildings' income/expanse should be clear. It says Income(+) or Expanse(+-): +-400. What should I understand from it? I suggest:

    1. Add income or upkeep of the building at the end of its name. Example: FANVM MINERVAE (HOLY SITE OF MINERVA -50)
    or
    2. Add it to top of the building's description text.

    I prefer the first one.
    Building labels are already too long, in featuring both native name and translated English name. I wouldn't like to clutter them further by adding numbers; the description is now pretty clear what's income and what isn't.

    Sorry, but going through every single building description (many have faction-specific ones) and editing in the income, which might change, is a non-starter.

  18. #758

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Suggestion: Set the cost of the first level of factional government to 0, it helps small factions (those start with a camp) to repay their debt. Saka for example, needs the extra income from the tribute badly. The money looted from a conquered settlement is enough for the 1000ish cost of the 1st level government, but that money is used to repay the debt immediately and there's no place to take a loan.

    Also, by setting its cost to 0, AI might build less Allied government.

  19. #759

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    What do you thing about opening brand new thread, for use of posting interesting savegame files? I am currently playing hotseat campaign (turn 100) with occasionally using control f_xyz cheat to take control of faction in troubles. My goal is to reach quite historical borders and post savegame files for polybian and marian reforms, and maybe some other event, like punic wars, cimbri invasion or mithridates-type conflict.

  20. #760
    CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pontos Parailos
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    I don't know if it is possible but here is my suggestion about surrender time of sieges:
    (Might be it is possible with scripts? I hope)

    - Define some cities such as Carthage and Athens as port cities by adding a building or something else which the script can use of.
    - If a port city is under siege, its sea trade will continue and surrender time will stay constant.
    - When its port is also blocked surrender time will begin to count.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •