Page 35 of 127 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344456085 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

I would suggest removing Babylon as a settlement and putting a new province where it is more needed. Like the description ingame reads, before the game starts the population was moved to Seleucia, it transformed from an important city to just a religious landmark. It could be represented on the map with a wonder showing the significance it had culturally, but no longer economically or militarily on the region.

Another thing i donīt get is why phalangites canīt be recruited in Seleucia, but in other places like Hyrkania, that donīt even start with a minor hellenistic polis, they can? I think if Seleucia was the capital then it should have been hellenised enough for phalangites being recruitable there, not as part of basilike patris of course, but with the colonist building.
    Last edited by Hellenikon; June 10, 2016 at 02:04 PM.

Looks like assassins arent as bad as before but i think their movement speed should be reduced by a lot. Killing an assassin wont mean much if the AI can just spam more next turn and they are already in your territory blowing up cities every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    I would suggest removing Babylon as a settlement and putting a new province where it is more needed. Like the description ingame reads, before the game starts the population was moved to Seleucia, it transformed from an important city to just a religious landmark. It could be represented on the map with a wonder showing the significance it had culturally, but no longer economically or militarily on the region.
    may not be a bad idea, actually... or merging another couple of regions in Britain. Syria and Levant in particular feel like they could use another province between the two great empires there. reintroducing Phoenicia, that was an important trading and maritime center, would be great. it'd also create some strategic depth in the region making it a bit harder to advance to and from Antioch. and, of course there is an extra faction in the vicinity - Nabateans, so adding an extra region is even more justified. with current arrangement a faction only needs to seize one settlement (Nabatean in my game did that) and it already controls half of Greater Syria, poised to strike at Antioch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Another thing i donīt get is why phalangites canīt be recruited in Seleucia, but in other places like Hyrkania, that donīt even start with a minor hellenistic polis, they can? I think if Seleucia was the capital then it should have been hellenised enough for phalangites being recruitable there, not as part of basilike patris of course, but with the colonist building.
    I was trying to keep them to the western Iranian plateau, but didn't pick the best hidden_resource combination. I'll have another look.

Sorry if this has been suggested before, but I didn't see anything after using "search thread." Maybe the priest agent from Medieval II could be used as philosophers to spread the culture of the local populace. I know philosophers and artists are already represented by ancillaries (retainers?), but philosophy is a big part of culture and its spread.

Campidoctor

Oh wow, I love that idea. How are 'priest' agents represented in the mod currently? Just been removed all together? If so, this seems like the perfect way to reintroduce them.

Priests, merchants and princesses were removed.
    Last edited by Rad; June 11, 2016 at 05:45 AM.

End turns takes a very much time and i use a SSD, please make it shorter if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval Knight View Post
    End turns takes a lot of time, please make it shorter if possible
    Have you seen the size of the script? It takes a long time because there's a lot more content to process than in vanilla. There's no way of making it shorter without removing features, so I suggest you get a book to read between turns or find something else to do.

I remember playing EB2.1 on my former PC bought in 2005. I really had to read something between the turns.
    Now, playing EB2.2 on my new PC I am pleasantly surprised by speed it takes to reach to next turn.

Barlind's Avatar Foederatus

They are not long at all. Compared to eb1 or some other mods for mtw2, I think they're quite fast actually. The exception being of course hording turns, but they are really rare.

On my 7 years old PC, I usually make a few push-ups between turns .

Hi everyone.

Would it be possible to step into another faction from the same save game? So, if you started as Rome got say to turn 200 and then played from the same starting point as say Pontos so that whatever the AI had for Pontos you control and Rome is an AI faction.

Maybe its been suggested but I cant find it...

Love the Mod )

Quote Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
    Hi everyone.

Would it be possible to step into another faction from the same save game? So, if you started as Rome got say to turn 200 and then played from the same starting point as say Pontos so that whatever the AI had for Pontos you control and Rome is an AI faction.

Maybe its been suggested but I cant find it...

Love the Mod )
    Hotseat campaign - but you have to have started it as one (it's an option on the menu). You can't change a regular campaign already in progress to Hotseat.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatomade View Post
    Sorry if this has been suggested before, but I didn't see anything after using "search thread." Maybe the priest agent from Medieval II could be used as philosophers to spread the culture of the local populace. I know philosophers and artists are already represented by ancillaries (retainers?), but philosophy is a big part of culture and its spread.
    Interesting idea. You could limit it to just 1 even and it would be a cool feature. Maybe the Warpath mechanic could be introduced as well with 'priests'?

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval Knight View Post
    End turns takes a very much time and i use a SSD, please make it shorter if possible
    Really? It takes less bewtween 20secs and a min for me. Seems pretty good given the extra features as QS pointed

We will either find a way, or make one.

Just a little note : it's strange to see on the map the Lugiones armies with a short and light tunic as the armies of southern Europe or Africa. On the Baltic Sea can be very cold. Thanks for the great mod, you are the best.

Will there more "imitation legionaires" from the other factions? Like a worldwide reform in which the phalanx is finally rendered extinct and is replaced by more thureophoroi and thorakitai like troops?

I played 340 turns as Carthage (2.02a) on (traditional) VH/VH..and it was sublime!
    The map re-working of the African continent, The Iberian rosters and The Carthaginian traits have made Carthage a true Mediterranean rival superpower and well worth the time invested in playing!

Just a few notes.

I made one customization. I'm not a fan of the amphetamine skirmishers, so using notepad+ I rounded down the high end movement speeds.

anything 1.0 - 1.150 brought down to 1.0
    anything 1.150 - 1.3 down to 1.1 (now the highest value)

Obviously I'm not expecting you to change coz I can fix it myself, just stating.

And I do believe on (old) VH the Ai gets morale bonuses. It is discernible in the rout!
    Wavering units will return to the fray quicker and even change the tide of field battles on VH.

I think you should switch back to the traditional naming of the difficulty levels! I KNOW IT IS ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE, but I think you are confusing matters.
    Just have the standard easy, medium, hard, very hard...everyone "knows" where they stand then after years of medievalshell era TW.

The re-emerging factions are brilliant. However, they are largely irrelevant after about turn 200.
    They don't have the power late game to gain a foothold because the units are made for the early game.
    I think you need to bolster the units EXP and ARMOUR and WEAPON LEVEL in the campaign script to account for mid game emergence...something like

unit Bartixian Crazy Elephant exp 3 armour 3 weapon_lvl 3...at least.

Otherwise 300+ turn factions emerge, haven't the power to retake the capital and are suppressed next turn. This happened to Bartix and Makedon about four times!

The Carthaginian trait stripped of command is too harsh and should have a higher trigger, something like 90% casualties.
    Many times on VH, battles went to 79/80% in casualties, and after, the Carthage general became useless because he "just" loses.
    (If he is then hit again he gets disgraced straight after!)

I had one raiding General get besieged in Pergamon, I sent a relief force because he was the supreme "RB MHNT" ...combined, he sally outs and they hold off a siege with 96% casualties to a draw, he then became stripped of command rendering the entire relief expedition, his raid and his military history and value worthless

Also generals get stripped when "peace is declared" so don't be too hard on Punic commanders.

That's all from my notes.
    Keep up the good work

Uploaded to the forum using my Speak & Spell IV...
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; June 14, 2016 at 04:33 AM. Reason: spelling

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

The Carthaginian trait stripped of command is too harsh and should have a higher trigger, something like 90% casualties.
    Many times on VH, battles went to 79/80% in casualties, and after, the Carthage general became useless because he "just" loses.
    (If he is then hit again he gets disgraced straight after!)
    Immagine it happens in reality and real lives are lost in the battle, I would stip the general of command for much les than loosing three quarter of the troops that I have entrusted him in battle. Beside that historically the carthaginins were rather harsh and unforgiving to their army commanders and several of them fet executed after even rather minor failures.

For Pergamon's kindom reform, would it be possible to remove the requirement to win battles against the Seleucids and Galatians? It seems like simply holding the required regions should be enough. In the two games I've played as Pergamon, the Galatians were taken over by Pontos, and the Seleucids lost both Ipsos and Sardis to the Ptolemaioi, all in the first five or ten years of the game. I had to go all the way to Syria to get the 3 required battles, which seems kind of silly. This is all while getting swarmed by 3-4 assassins per turn trying to kill my general.

At the very least, please make it to where fighting the Ptolemaioi counts as well. They always seem to do just fine in Anatolia.