Page 33 of 127 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142435883 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Wow, this software is awesome! Looks similar to the methods used in LOTR movie.

Yeah that is the program they used for LOTR

Does anyone know how he did this without breaking the hardcoded limits?

Maybe its worth looking into if it works.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...W-to-the-limit

EDIT: It seems to be using the wardog units for it.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...an-limit-units
    Last edited by romanius24; May 17, 2016 at 07:47 PM.

I like the cultural system from EBI where cultural penalties were assessed based on which cultures the buildings were from. I think at least all temples should provide culture conversion bonuses. Maybe in allied settlements you could choose to build temples from the foreign culture. I'm having a problem with the cultures evening out and then I'm unable to recruit any units at all... is that intentional?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

The main issue with it is that they constantly use the running animation (at least in RTW), other than the crashes/instability which is to be expected as it is circumventing a hardcoded limit which are there (almost always) to prevent that.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by kadmylos View Post
    I like the cultural system from EBI where cultural penalties were assessed based on which cultures the buildings were from. I think at least all temples should provide culture conversion bonuses. Maybe in allied settlements you could choose to build temples from the foreign culture.
    Not possible, I'm afraid. All buildings can only have one religion, every instance converts to whatever the nominated building for that religion. That's why it's only government buildings (set to either the only or converting religion of that specific faction) or special buildings (like colonies, set to the religion that type of administration/management evokes) have conversion on them.

So if we set war temples to rel_e for example, they'd always convert to that religion regardless of which faction had built them.

Quote Originally Posted by kadmylos View Post
    I'm having a problem with the cultures evening out and then I'm unable to recruit any units at all... is that intentional?
    If you mean in Allied Governments, in 2.2 almost all the religion-linked elements are now gone. Conversion was too fast for these to be feasible, and besides which it was based on simpler model using religion to denote place. While conversion has been slowed a little since 2.1b, it's not enough for religion-linked recruitment to remain problematic. Instead, all recruitment there has, like in factional government buildings, been converted to a regional model using hidden_resources and event_counters.

Just noticed in my KH campaign that the increase in trade-able goods for large temples seems to have a negative effect. Will this be changed for 2.2? should be simple enough. If it is intentional could it be explained in the building description? sorry if others have already brought this up. Just a small niggle in a very enjoyable campaign.

Also is it possible to found new minor polises as KH? Haven't managed it yet so have a ridiculous no. of metropolis as I just upgrade them with all my colonists. Seems strange I have all these colonists who just expand other cities in Greece!! I'm sure I'm just telling you stuff you already know but I thought I would chip in anyway. Hyped for spartans!!! (I know should be about everything else more but I can't help myself!)

Polis use colonist to be founded but not to be upgraded. They can internally grow when some conditions are met without needing to use more colonists. So as KH doesnt have colonists they can upgrade the existing ones but not create new ones as they cant create colnies either.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Cheers Jervaj, I had misunderstood how the colony system worked. I thought you need colonists to upgrade polis, not just to found one.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdr View Post
    Cheers Jervaj, I had misunderstood how the colony system worked. I thought you need colonists to upgrade polis, not just to found one.
    Jervaj is right, you only need colonists to build a new polis_one - after that increasing Hellenisation and markets is all you need.

However, every level of a Hellenistic Colony requires colonists.

I just saw the new Ligurian Swordsmen on Twitter, they're fantastic with horned helmets, its look like Pulica warrior helmet, love it

Can I make a suggestion for eventual Ligurian levies?

"Il pennato, una specie di roncola, attrezzo usato ancor ora in Lunigiana, è stato considerato da alcuni studiosi l'arma nazionale degli Apuani. Stranamente però non è raffigurato in nessuna statua-stele né è presente nella panoplia delle tombe a cassetta.Sono invece presenti in un centinaio di incisioni rupestri attorno al M. Sagro diepoca difficilmente individuabile.Sembra che il pennato fosse consegnato agli adolescenti come iniziazione. Potrebbeessere stato usato prima della completa celtizzazione delle armi degli Apuani o chenon "meritasse" di essere sepolta col guerriero non essendo di uso esclusivamente bellico."

http://www.arsmilitaris.org/pubblica...0%20APUANI.pdf

Specifically about this tool-weapon found in Northern Italia

http://www.simbolisullaroccia.it/arc...amePennate.pdf

Le incisioni rupestri della
    Foce dell'Anguillara

(Arni, Lucca )

Gruppo Archeologico Pisano
    http://www.comune.pisa.it/gr-archeol...awt/penn_a.htm
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; May 29, 2016 at 03:30 AM.

I know how to make it to where all factions can convert camps to cities, but how do I add stronger Seleukid governments to Greece?
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Hi. I intalled mod again. Great work is done, this is true art.
    Things that in my opinion would be great to improve are :
    1) Campaing AI (but i've seen its already done in 2.2). So i guess this is already good!
    2) Campaing map textures reworked, like for example how egypt part is reworked for 2.2. https://twitter.com/EBTeam?ref_src=t...Ctwgr%5Eauthor It looks great . I hope we one day see entire(most ) of map having that kind of quality.
    3) Armored horses (cataphracts) looks somehow too widespread.

Dont think im here with only negative traits. This mod is great, and can be even greater. Its simply art, like what rome 2 should look like. Too bad that we have hardcoded limits.

Cheers.

EDIT :
    here are pictures about that widespread horses that im talkign about
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Are there plans to change this ?

Those are three pictures of the same unit, that is the single heaviest unit in the whole game, while also being the one to field them. How does that make a general point on cavalry armour?

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Those are three pictures of the same unit, that is the single heaviest unit in the whole game, while also being the one to field them. How does that make a general point on cavalry armour?
    I think he meant that the armour is so wide that it "eats" the legs of the rider

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    I think he meant that the armour is so wide that it "eats" the legs of the rider
    True dat. 3d is a cruel mistress.

is it possible to visually alter the 3d models that agents have on the campaign map? i.e. turning a merchant's model into a 'building/fort'? if so, the idea is to turn merchants into trading colonies/latifundia etc. you'd still be able to recruit only one per city and only when the required city upgrade and infrastructure are developed (advanced farming/irrigation, commercial buildings of higher levels). then the merchant can be 'recruited', moved out of the settlement and placed onto the necessary trading resource on the campaign map, just like with regular merchants. the trick is to have merchants' models as something else (turned into colonies, farming complex etc) and to permanently immobilise them once on the right tile (again, if possible).
    iirc, some of the trading colonies etc are embedded into building tree upgrades but using merchant mechanic (if at all possible) would free up those slots and allow for a physical manifestation of the said colonies etc on the map. this could be a little additional feature allowing setting up the actual trading colonies on the map that would generate a little extra income depending on the trading resource (just like regular merchants do).

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Thats exatly what i ment.
    well thats what i wanted to do. to post images of same unit. I can post of others mounts that have armor or 'skins' on them. They all have fatness around chest and on legs when wearing some type of armor on horse.they look to wide.
    check how there for example have normal armor, that not spread, and is ont wide. do you understand what i am trying to say ?

While those are somehow fat , wide..

EDIT:
    I found out what problem is!

Some mounts that are with armor (or skin) on them have not being correctly put on body.
    For example, check this empy space betwen horse and armor:

Thats why they look so unrealisticly fat and wide

there are of course mounts that are being done good (horse and armor close to each other). Look how good they look from front

There is no fatness and widness on horse.

All horse barding is beatiful. Stop shaming big armor.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    All horse barding is beatiful. Stop shaming big armor.

Stoutism! This thread is full of infantry privilege.

Um... just so this isn't entirely off-topic, how about skirmish mode for chariots?