Page 32 of 127 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Are there any plans to make recruitable puppet rulers of conquered regions/settlements available at higher levels of allied governments, rather than just the first? I saw mentioned elsewhere the fact that regions should be garrisoned by a general and six+ units. But playing as the Gauls conquering Iberia I can no longer recruit these local rulers beyond the first level of government, despite needing the higher levels for their order bonuses.

(I don't know if this is the case for other factions, only for the Arverni).

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    Are there any plans to make recruitable puppet rulers of conquered regions/settlements available at higher levels of allied governments, rather than just the first? I saw mentioned elsewhere the fact that regions should be garrisoned by a general and six+ units. But playing as the Gauls conquering Iberia I can no longer recruit these local rulers beyond the first level of government, despite needing the higher levels for their order bonuses.

(I don't know if this is the case for other factions, only for the Arverni).
    No, this is entirely by design. If you lose the incumbent, you need to destroy everything and start again, the new precursor will let you recruit another Client. It simulates the disruption of regime change.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, this is entirely by design. If you lose the incumbent, you need to destroy everything and start again, the new precursor will let you recruit another Client. It simulates the disruption of regime change.
    That makes a lot of sense, now it doesn't seem so counter-intuitive. Thank you!

this mod has a nice script that disbands all the mercenaries as soon as player's finances go into red.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    this mod has a nice script that disbands all the mercenaries as soon as player's finances go into red.
    I made a same script but in the end didn't implemented because i think not many units have merc attribute
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

We had something similar before, but it won't work now. We don't use the mercenary_unit attribute in the EDU any more, most mercenary units are completely indistinguishable from the recruitable variety, from the game's perspective.

In any case, it's not the player I'm worried about having too many units when in the red, but the AI.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 17, 2016 at 06:05 AM.

Oh, God, PLEASE NO. They use that in SSHIP and it will literally be the death of your campaigns. I'm having flashbacks already just thinking about it.

Saw an interesting idea in the RS3 patch notes:

"Added trait that will prevent general's wives from having children while they are away in enemy lands."

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Saw an interesting idea in the RS3 patch notes:

"Added trait that will prevent general's wives from having children while they are away in enemy lands."
    We don't know if their wives are accompanying them.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Yeah i wouldn't think thats a good idea. The whole children priority is kinda weird enough. I remember my Seleucid campaign where everyone of my generals got a million kids and my main line almost died out. (even tho my heir was almost all the time governor of the capital) I had to quit the campaign before the seleukid line was dead

you are pesimist they were still seleukid by your daughters blood . i love playing makedonians how i send my new members into city with highest education b. and they get as bonus after few years there many companions and whatever positive traits but cultured

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

The prob is i never even got any daughters^^ They were always without kids. My son my brother and my second son were all without kids xD

im getting with almost all of my fms companions like herbalist,medicinman or whatever is called.and i have only daughters and now my family is made almost by thrakioi-helen svoloch etc.

Civis

I don't know if it's already planned, but will you consider reviewing the victory conditions? I don't really like having to persecute one faction, I would prefer a list of settlements to conquer based on historical - and sometimes fictional - basis. And the top would be to have a map in the "overviews" showing the current state of your conquests in comparison with the objectives.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

How about this idea, creating a big optimates VS populares divide, and diverging reform options for the Romani?

For instance:

The Marian reforms. How about having the option to pick the normal Marian reform, and an alternative option that still gives us the Marian reform units? (Dirty proletarius, in MY armies?!).

Enacting the Dole or not.

Gracchus brothers land reforms VS those that want latifundia estates.

Stuff like that.
    Last edited by James the Red; May 11, 2016 at 10:53 AM.

I dont see that happening. EB2 is not big on 'what if' and a lot of those reforms/changes seem inevitable to me.

A 'Marian' type reform would have happened regardless of Marius and its the same with land reforms i think.

The way you COULD do that is to make the Marian reform only available to a large enough republic(x nr of regions required) and not just because of land reforms. So if you dont want to trigger them, you just stay a small republic with less influence outside of Italy.

Provinces that have "farm" pastoralism upgrades look just like the ones that have regular agriculture upgrades on the campaign map, can that be changed? Its a little weird seeing the wild steppes so... farm-ish.

In the description of the 'ruins of Babylon' wonder, it mentions that just a few years before the game starts that the population of Babylon was moved to Seleukeia, meaning that the city of Babylon in game is actually more of a ruin.

Forts are getting removed in the next version, right? How about this for an idea, maybe remove Babylon as a 'city' (either merge the province with another, or make another settlement as the capital of the Babylon province), and make it a fort. And you can see and fight on the famous walls of Babylon.

Was the hanging gardens actually in the city of Babylon, or just outside it? If so, you could combine the hanging gardens wonder (shown here- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?726346-PREVIEW-Wonders-and-ports-in-EB-2-2/page2)
    ...add the walls and gates of Babylon to it, and make a real fort siege battle-map out of the ruins of Babylon.

Since it would be a fort, you wouldn't loose the unique model by upgrading walls or anything. And you could use that opportunity to put another city in another location.-

-edit-

It seems the gardens were cut from the game.
    Last edited by James the Red; May 12, 2016 at 06:59 PM.

i got idea but duno about possibility. Make for wodden gatehouse dropping stones instead of boiling oil.

A software called Massive just released a 30 day trial and i thought it could have a use for cutscenes/event videos maybe?
    No idea how easy it is to use but i am just linking if people are interested to try.

Could be used for spy/assassin videos or maybe to simulate a crowd in the cities as some sort of cool 'city view'.

http://www.massivesoftware.com/index.html

https://vimeo.com/150884144