Page 30 of 127 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Keep in mind that EB2 armies number max. 4000 men, not 40000 men, so there is no need for 100000+ city population.
    This. Smaller army scale, smaller population scale.

And smaller cities on the battle map, shorter battles, smaller economy and money in general.
    You cant make the mod perfectly accurate and it shouldnt be.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    And smaller cities on the battle map, shorter battles, smaller economy and money in general.
    You cant make the mod perfectly accurate and it shouldnt be.
    Of course you canīt make it perfectly. But you can try and make it accurate, but of course with limited material of the antiquity itīs hard to make it 100%
    And i donīt demand it to be perfectly accurate either.

But as the person wrote some a little further up

"Keep in mind that EB2 armies number max. 4000 men, not 40000 men, so there is no need for 100000+ city population."
    So in a way there is some accuracy contra population.

Could you remove/change the flags that help identifying armies during a battle? By the way - I think your mod is spectacular, I've just registered in this forum and I'm actually going to buy Medieval Total War II just so I can play Europa Barbarorum. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Evalantier13 View Post
    Could you remove/change the flags that help identifying armies during a battle? By the way - I think your mod is spectacular, I've just registered in this forum and I'm actually going to buy Medieval Total War II just so I can play Europa Barbarorum. Cheers!
    That's a preferences setting you need to change yourself. The default is off.

Relating to that, is there a way to turn off the green circles on highlighted unit(s), but still keep them highlighted, like in EB1? When I turned off flags and the green circles, the selected unit(s) are indistinguishable from any other units. Makes for great screenshots, less so for management during a battle.

You have to keep the floating flags. They will help you see better.
    I dont think M2 has that glow that RTW had.

When making units, please pay more attention to how their gear stands on them.

This picture is a good example. The marked thorakites ties his belt like a left hander (I know that left handed people do exist LOL, but in game, all units are right handed, so consistency would be nice). The belt end should go in the other way.
    The second inconsistency-innacuracy is how his sword is placed. The guard is inward. If you tried to draw a sword like that, it would be very uncomfortable... for right handed folk, impossible. The guard should be outward, facing the enemy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	335384

None of this is game breaking of course, but it ruins the immersion when I notice it.
    I will soon be posting a bunch of similar stuff in the thread I made about errors.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Rad; March 09, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Well I don't know if this is a similar case or just an overlooked detail but Roman soldiers had scabbards on their right side (except officers) because it was easier to use it in tight formations. Even some barbarian tribes adapted that (even tho it was useless in loose formations) just because it was "Roman". I'm not a historian so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafkos View Post
    Well I don't know if this is a similar case or just an overlooked detail but Roman soldiers had scabbards on their right side (except officers) because it was easier to use it in tight formations. Even some barbarian tribes adapted that (even tho it was useless in loose formations) just because it was "Roman". I'm not a historian so please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Correct - largely because a gladius, or any blade of a similar length like the xiphos or an infantryman's machaira/kopis is short enough to draw on the same side.

A cross-body draw is also complicated by holding a large shield in the left hand, and is only ergonomically necessary with a cavalryman's longer weapon.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; March 10, 2016 at 04:14 AM.

Completely different things, Rafkos. The Roman way of drawing the sword depicted ingame is correct. Even the Celtic longsword can be drawn that way - Ive heard it became some sort of weird military fashion. They have nothing to do with this.

Look at the picture of the Thorakitai above, try to draw a sword like that. Notice where the arm guard is. It is not the same motion as drawing a gladius or drawing a sword the regular way. Your own body would hinder you. Affected units are Thorakitai, the 4 new hellenic lancer units, Longchophoroi Hippeis.
    To fix the issue, just invert the sword so it stays on the left side, but the sword guard points outward - towards the front, the enemy.

Edit: different units, similar sword, correct way of placing it. notice the difference. Not my best screens, so you might have to play a custom game to notice it.

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	271.3 KB 
ID:	335392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	289.9 KB 
ID:	335393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	421.1 KB 
ID:	335391

What I have noticed is that the older Hellenic units hold it correctly, while some of the newer ones have the error... so its a mistake in 2.1 assembly, I guess.
    Last edited by Rad; March 10, 2016 at 06:59 AM.

Have you guys thought about doing some sort of introduction pop-up when starting a new campaign?
    Something that would have information on the faction, reforms, unique politics/trait systems and stuff like that.

I think it could help new players and it would make the game less dependent on reform threads and guides.

Have you guys thought about doing some sort of introduction pop-up when starting a new campaign?
    Something that would have information on the faction, reforms, unique politics/trait systems and stuff like that.

I think it could help new players and it would make the game less dependent on reform threads and guides.
    There's no reason they wouldn't make one, it's in almost every mod, but I doubt it's a priority now.

Please dont lol. I would have to read it every single time I start a campaign. It is a ritual of mine... an ocd one hahaha.

i need help.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Well there is one for Baktria. But I agree that it would be better to receive strategic informations AFTER you've entered the campaign, not before on the campaign start menu.
    Last edited by Apani; March 11, 2016 at 03:55 PM.

It could explain the basic mechanics of that faction.
    For example, Rome's introduction would look something like this:

Roman Campaign.

Politics:

An explanation on their specific traits, culture and in this case the Cursus Honorum and Imperium.

Reforms:

Talking about political/military changes that might take place as the campaign progresses. Turn times and triggers.

Military:

Unit recruitment(colonies,unit pools and government types), supply system, seasons and maybe missions.

If possible it should be made so that this introduction text could be re-opened for the useful info. Maybe the same way forced diplomacy works.(pressing a '?")
    Last edited by romanius24; March 11, 2016 at 04:24 PM.

EB team, please replace the pony mount with the horse_unarmored mount model in the export_descr_unit file. The pony mount model is causing the riders to look improperly seated.

Take a look:

Before, with the pony mount model:

Name:	or1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	335516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	or2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	335517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	or3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	335518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	or4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	335519

After I made the changes, using the horse_unarmored model instead:

Name:	iz2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	335521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iz3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	335522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iz4.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	335523

I edited 4 units, but many more are affected by the pony disease lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iz1.jpg  
    Last edited by Rad; March 16, 2016 at 11:33 AM.

Are they the same size? The reason horses have been replaced wholesale with ponies is that most of the steeds around at the time were that small. Mounts as big as our modern horses were exceptionally rare.

Do you see how the pony riders are seated? Some of them are sitting on the lower end of the horse's neck.
    If you want, find someone to edit the pony model so the riders are seated properly. The more efficient solution is to replace the model with the one that looks right, and is already in existence.
    Last edited by Rad; March 16, 2016 at 11:48 AM.

Have you guys thought of opening up some of the major rivers to ships?
    It would add more to the strategy, invasions and even show river trading more accurately.

Large portion of those rivers would be hard to cross with armies(land bridges could work) but it would allow fleets to invade through a river into enemy lands.
    You can also add some small ports/fishing villages that would trade along the river with others.