Page 25 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075125 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Have you thought about giving allied governments a huge malus to income coupled with an extremely high free upkeep/garrison limit?

Quote Originally Posted by baldamundo View Post
    Have you thought about giving allied governments a huge malus to income coupled with an extremely high free upkeep/garrison limit?
    They already have a pretty significant penalty to farming income. The danger with giving them any free upkeep at all is that the CAI might change it's assessment of whether they're good value, and we're right back to all Allied Governments, all of the time.

A suggestion regarding a few units.

Remove precursor javelins from Celtic Nobles/Celtiberian Champions/Lusitani Elites. Make them melee only.
    I find that one heavy infantry unit per roster that doesnt stop to fire javelins is beneficial for both the ai and the player (me, the player, not being annoyed by having to alt attack in certain situations lol).
    Romans have Triarii, Hellenes have Hoplites, Pritanoi have their Nobles, Germans have their bodyguard, Dacians have the falx... and soon, the badass heavy rhomphaia. And so on and so forth. See my point? Javelins are cool, but one or two units per roster should be pure melee

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    A suggestion regarding a few units.

Remove precursor javelins from Celtic Nobles/Celtiberian Champions/Lusitani Elites. Make them melee only.
    I find that one heavy infantry unit per roster that doesnt stop to fire javelins is beneficial for both the ai and the player (me, the player, not being annoyed by having to alt attack in certain situations lol).
    Romans have Triarii, Hellenes have Hoplites, Pritanoi have their Nobles, Germans have their bodyguard, Dacians have the falx... and soon, the badass heavy rhomphaia. And so on and so forth. See my point? Javelins are cool, but one or two units per roster should be pure melee
    Unnecessary now that the precursor attribute is gone. All the bugged behaviour - freezing, not using missiles at all on the defensive, trying to disengage to throw - was linked to the prec attribute. Now it's gone, and those issues are solved.

Units lacking javelins would be ridiculously ahistorical, given how important a part of warfare (likely learned the hard way from contact with the Celts) the javelin was. Now they all have at least two, so they're no longer an irrelevant impediment.

Units lacking javelins already exist in considerable number, I named a few in my previous post. Most of those units belong to javelin-happy nations.

Do people really use watchtowers? I never used them so far or seen the Ai use them.
    I have always preferred to use spies instead.

If indeed they are not that popular maybe they could be pre placed and made to look like garrisons or forts.Or perhaps a smaller village.(so we have villages, towns and cities)
    During a war they can be captured by armies that sit on the tile and change the line of sight. They would add even more detail to the map along with resource buildings, towns and devastation.

Bonus would be if you can make them appear as a fort in the distance if you are fighting a battle near them.

Biarchus

I build watchtowers everywhere. I never have enough spies to go around, always at the max agent limit.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

When I am at peace and have enough resources building the watchtowers is always my priority, I hate having blind spots in my territory so I build theme everywhere where I can not see from my settlements, not only at the borders.

I place watchtowers on the farthest, outermost points of the borders, on islands, on hills etc. I like being able to see all my territory and into the enemy's without having to keep spies around

For goodness sake, please remove the ˝Bored˝ line of traits. I feel like I have a pack of dogs I have walk regularly xD

There are some really weird traits. The bored thing doesnt make any sense. Do people just declare boredom and expect someone else to do something about it?

I mean if you are bored get yourself a hooker and steal some cash from the treasury...

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello, I would love to see a supply wagon system like the one BYG did in his submod for Stainless Steel.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

There is a supply system in EB2 but its very simple and IMO its not described very well.

I think the one in that submod is way to complex for EB2. Maybe we can meet them somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Hello, I would love to see a supply wagon system like the one BYG did in his submod for Stainless Steel.
    It's far too complicated, and any system that doesn't actually work properly for the AI (or isn't even enabled for them) isn't one I'm keen on.

I like the idea of victories giving you supplies. Is that in EB2 too?
    You can capture camps and treasuries but i dont know what bonuses they give. It seems they just reduce movement.

Yeah, you can get the enemy camp captured trait, no? Or enemy treasury captured(that's a higher level of the trait).

I seem to remember a mechanic in The Last Kingdom mod for M2TW where each battle won gave you a small amount of money.(presumably from selling off the spoils like armor and weapons). Thucydides mentions(I seem to recall) the collection of arms and armor of the dead after winning a battle, presumably before the short truces between Hellenes where the victors allowed their enemies to collect their fallen allies. I seem to remember that mercenaries or allies could often be promised first pick of the spoils of war as a form of payment, no? There's also the example of the Colossus of Rhodes, where the Rhodians sold off the siege weapons the Makedonians left behind(after a relief force sent by Ptolemy I drove the Makedonians away) to build the Colossus. How does a mechanic where the player receives a rather modest(maybe like 200 minai or something; maybe more, maybe less) per battle won? Does that sound very unhistorical to anyone? Or unbalancing?

The various armaments of war can certainly be valuable, but my question I suppose is whether or not these spoils won would actually net an army a profit to warrant such a monetary reward?
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; February 11, 2016 at 02:55 PM.

Perhaps you can just win supplies if you are low? That would be much more useful than 200 cash.
    Although that might actually happen currently? I have no idea how much depth the supply system has now.

Right now, it makes the most sense to prioritize sieges so that you dont spend too much time in enemy territory and lose supplies. If you fight a lot of field battles you just end up dancing between friendly and enemy regions to get supplies.

Apani's Avatar Senator

The Seleukidai have satrapies and satrapal districts, what about giving Romans provincial capitals and provincial districts?

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    The Seleukidai have satrapies and satrapal districts, what about giving Romans provincial capitals and provincial districts?
    The Romans aren't a monarchical power doling out governorships to personal friends of the king.

There's already a provincial administration - the Provincia Romana. And the Civitas Libera, too.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's far too complicated, and any system that doesn't actually work properly for the AI (or isn't even enabled for them) isn't one I'm keen on.
    Is it ? If I remember well it's just an ancillary. You're right about the fact that the AI can't handle it though. But then, why not procede with it like with all the rest in TW games : let the AI cheat ;-)
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "