Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1840

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

  1. #281

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Thanks

    1) If scripting is not too hard for this possibility (player loose province), why do not try it. Even without that script, players are not loosing many provinces, and if they loose, in most cases they will return it back soon ( even if not, AI in that province only will have that little advantage, which is not bad at all, considering all pluses ). Having "building" per se, can not be bad...as there are already number of "buildings" which represent some sort of political order, social structure, law, etc

    2) Far enough. But as I said...all units can be remodeled latter or done from the scratch and replaced latter...but I bat there must be some nice looking units out there in TW community and why not share, and safe resources for other work and other needed units and other things, if possible of course
    Tribal Total War

  2. #282
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Carpathian Basin
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    (Sorry my bad english!)

  3. #283

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You misunderstand me, that's a big effort for very little gain. That's 200-odd lines, each of which has to be compared to the secondary line below it for the correct number to enter. As the person who's responsible for those sorts of changes (and has to do them twice, once for the test version and once for the development build), I don't see it as very worthwhile.

    I'd rather look into how the unit cards display their information, and edit that template to display correctly.
    I do like the idea of unit card displaying correct charge bonus by editing edu of javelin troops. It would take a few hours, but I could help you with the change.

    I have some limited experience with simple modding. I actually reworked vanilla M2TW Polish Nobles from spearmen to javelin-sword infantry for my personal amusement and this is a much simplier (albeit wearisome) task.

  4. #284
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,378

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by wojtekimbier View Post
    I do like the idea of unit card displaying correct charge bonus by editing edu of javelin troops. It would take a few hours, but I could help you with the change.

    I have some limited experience with simple modding. I actually reworked vanilla M2TW Polish Nobles from spearmen to javelin-sword infantry for my personal amusement and this is a much simplier (albeit wearisome) task.
    Again, that's not a solution as far as I'm concerned. It's a jury-rigged workaround, rather than fixing the root of the problem - which is that unit cards have a fault in how they display information from the EDU.

  5. #285

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Hello EB Team!
    My problem with this mod is super slow loading of game and turns but battles and campaing is much smoother than eb1 in rtw.My idea is when you complete the mod to make it in pack files so it may improve the speed of loadings.Any plans in furture for this, also with the major update im afraid would be even slower i cant afford a ssd.Or any sort of optimization to improve loadings quicker?

  6. #286

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    A different idea for BAKTRIA INDEPENDENCE script.

    As it is Baktria gets independence if they defeat Seleukid punitive expedition, win 6 battles against Seleukids and conquer 3 Seleukid settlements.

    What's pretty common occurance (I played several games from start) is that A-Margiane (Seleukid settlement) rebels in the initial turns. If you are Baktria you can't just wait, you have to rush and take it, as Pahlavans would do otherwise. So, this settlement normally Seleukids loose.

    Next, you get A Areia from Seleukids as a part of the mission. There are two settlements gained from Seleukids, before the war of independence even starts, and it's pretty common IMO that a Baktrian player would take hold of those 2 settlements.

    When I planned to start the war of Independence contemplating the 3 settlements (the 2 above just don't count), Pahlava started the war, too. They quickly won Asaak and Syrinx, and started moving deeper into Persia. They forced my hand, I had to move too, as I was afraid they'll take my Independence targets near my borders. I was practically left with Prophthasia, Harmozeia and Persepolis, that was the only logical route if you take Pahlavans into the account.

    So, to gain the independence of my far away kingdom, I was supposed to practically control all the northern shores of Persian gulf, and it felt wrong. I think that script didn't predict the very likely event of player already holding two Seleukid settlements before the independence war.

    So, IMO, a better solution would be, for Baktria to win independence:
    1) win 6 battles (as it already is)
    2) defeat the Seleukid punitive expedition (as it already is)
    3) control the far eastern greek provinces that could be considered core provinces of (future) Baktrian Kingdom (Baktria, Oskobara, Marakanda, A. Margiane, A. Areia, A. Eschate). If this may be too easy, you can add Orthospana and/or Prophthasia to the list.

  7. #287

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Please put more blood on unit model, right now they are barely visible. I just watched a custom battle where a half naked guy get stabbed in the back several times but only has some brownish stains on his belly. In vanilla, units are as red as a lobster when they get killed; and when you zoom out, you can clearly see where the battle lines were because there is a river of blood on the ground. Add more blood and make them more red helps the immersion.

  8. #288
    Senator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany ,NRW
    Posts
    1,189

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Please put more blood on unit model, right now they are barely visible. I just watched a custom battle where a half naked guy get stabbed in the back several times but only has some brownish stains on his belly. In vanilla, units are as red as a lobster when they get killed; and when you zoom out, you can clearly see where the battle lines were because there is a river of blood on the ground. Add more blood and make them more red helps the immersion.
    Not really no there is not that much blood in vanilla Med2 that's something added by another mod.And while I would like to see a bit more blood ,them becoming ketchup coated like in Rome 2 is also silly.
    Last edited by Sint; October 07, 2015 at 10:02 AM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

    Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

  9. #289

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingvarr1 View Post
    A different idea for BAKTRIA INDEPENDENCE script.

    As it is Baktria gets independence if they defeat Seleukid punitive expedition, win 6 battles against Seleukids and conquer 3 Seleukid settlements.

    What's pretty common occurance (I played several games from start) is that A-Margiane (Seleukid settlement) rebels in the initial turns. If you are Baktria you can't just wait, you have to rush and take it, as Pahlavans would do otherwise. So, this settlement normally Seleukids loose.

    Next, you get A Areia from Seleukids as a part of the mission. There are two settlements gained from Seleukids, before the war of independence even starts, and it's pretty common IMO that a Baktrian player would take hold of those 2 settlements.

    When I planned to start the war of Independence contemplating the 3 settlements (the 2 above just don't count), Pahlava started the war, too. They quickly won Asaak and Syrinx, and started moving deeper into Persia. They forced my hand, I had to move too, as I was afraid they'll take my Independence targets near my borders. I was practically left with Prophthasia, Harmozeia and Persepolis, that was the only logical route if you take Pahlavans into the account.

    So, to gain the independence of my far away kingdom, I was supposed to practically control all the northern shores of Persian gulf, and it felt wrong. I think that script didn't predict the very likely event of player already holding two Seleukid settlements before the independence war.

    So, IMO, a better solution would be, for Baktria to win independence:
    1) win 6 battles (as it already is)
    2) defeat the Seleukid punitive expedition (as it already is)
    3) control the far eastern greek provinces that could be considered core provinces of (future) Baktrian Kingdom (Baktria, Oskobara, Marakanda, A. Margiane, A. Areia, A. Eschate). If this may be too easy, you can add Orthospana and/or Prophthasia to the list.

    I think this idea has some merit, although it doesn't happen too often that the AS loses one or more of it's eastern provinces (Hekatompylos, Syrinx, Asaak are the other "candidates"). (It's much more likly at M difficulty, since H and VH allow the AS to hire mercenaries.)

    The quoted proposal is in my opinion a very immersive one. I remember a Baktria campain in 2.03x where Pahlava stormed to the gates of Sousa within 80 turns and left me with nothing but Alexandropolis and Pure to conquer from the AS...

    I'd add Alexandropolis to the list of needed settlements, other than that I very much support this idea for the sake of immersion.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; October 08, 2015 at 03:09 AM.

  10. #290

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    After going from this mod to TATW and back again, one major issue that I'm having is there are way too many armies on the map and there is just way too much money.
    I would be ok with there being alot of armies if the game didn't restrict you to 20 vs 20 battles. One of the largest battles around the time was the battle of Raphia which was about 75,000 vs 75,000. In game this should probably be represented as a 3 stack vs 3 stack battle. But when I see Eprius running around with three full stacks while owning two or three provinces, the battle would likely be represented in game by a 12 stack vs 12 stack battle which would be a gradual grinding snorefest if it actually happened in game.

    I propose the following:

    1) An steep increase in the cost of GOOD units and their upkeep relative to income. I hate to compare this game to TATW but I'm going to anyways. For Elven factions the best mines in the game support the upkeep of 3 or 4 units while in this game the level two mines in Pellas support like 6 - 10 units depending on what you purchase. Less units will make battles more decisive. Also will make rebel factions more viable long term as it will be expensive in both gold and units to attack an enemy (or siege)

    2) Allow for the purchase of unit upkeep buildings and make them rather expensive. The best cities in the game should be able to hold about 7 free upkeep units if a 20 stack is considered to be a large army while the smallest cities should hold two.

    3) Decrease the number of recruitable units in cities and increase their replenishment times. If a unit is in a city where it can't be built, there upkeep shouldn't be free. This will make losses for your good units costly and painful as you can't spam them across your various cities for free upkeep.

  11. #291
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,378

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    After going from this mod to TATW and back again, one major issue that I'm having is there are way too many armies on the map and there is just way too much money.
    I would be ok with there being alot of armies if the game didn't restrict you to 20 vs 20 battles. One of the largest battles around the time was the battle of Raphia which was about 75,000 vs 75,000. In game this should probably be represented as a 3 stack vs 3 stack battle. But when I see Eprius running around with three full stacks while owning two or three provinces, the battle would likely be represented in game by a 12 stack vs 12 stack battle which would be a gradual grinding snorefest if it actually happened in game.
    I'm assuming you're playing 2.05a or a recent version, not 2.01. We don't have a lot of choice regarding financial support for the AI factions. The AI is designed to spend all the money it has on recruitment. It's really hard to get it to do anything otherwise (we've recently tried to encourage more construction by changing the support to arrive at intervals, rather than every turn). The alternative is that the AI goes into debt and goes idle. While tweaking how much debt relief they get is still a work in progress, I don't think removing it altogether is viable.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    I propose the following:

    1) An steep increase in the cost of GOOD units and their upkeep relative to income. I hate to compare this game to TATW but I'm going to anyways. For Elven factions the best mines in the game support the upkeep of 3 or 4 units while in this game the level two mines in Pellas support like 6 - 10 units depending on what you purchase. Less units will make battles more decisive. Also will make rebel factions more viable long term as it will be expensive in both gold and units to attack an enemy (or siege)
    Unit costs and upkeep are now consistent, so that you don't get weird occurrences like in 2.01 with Xystophoroi being better and cheaper than Hippeis. Costs are based on status, training, equipment and unit size. Higher tier units cost more and have higher upkeep than lower tier ones. Making special exceptions for particular units would be a backward step, as far as I'm concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    2) Allow for the purchase of unit upkeep buildings and make them rather expensive. The best cities in the game should be able to hold about 7 free upkeep units if a 20 stack is considered to be a large army while the smallest cities should hold two.
    A "free upkeep building" won't work, unless it also comes with recruitment of units. The two things can't be separated, free upkeep is hardcoded to only work with units recruitable by that building.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    3) Decrease the number of recruitable units in cities and increase their replenishment times. If a unit is in a city where it can't be built, there upkeep shouldn't be free. This will make losses for your good units costly and painful as you can't spam them across your various cities for free upkeep.
    Unit pools are consistent in size, so unless we decrease the size of pools, reducing the number of units will make those units remaining replenish faster. I should also note that there are plenty of pools with units capping at one in the pool, taking 25 or even 33 turns before another is available. The very fastest regular ones are every 8 turns. I'm not sure you'd find many people who'd agree we need less availability of units.

    Free upkeep is hardcoded - you can't get free upkeep for a unit that isn't recruitable in that settlement in the first place. There is no issue with units getting free upkeep where they can't be recruited, because this isn't possible. Free upkeep is also pretty limited for most factions, the real issue is the unbalanced implementation of it, where some factions have lots and others have very few, not the presence of free upkeep.

    Sorry, weren't you just saying there should be more free upkeep?

  12. #292

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by QWE_asd View Post
    Please put more blood on unit model, right now they are barely visible. I just watched a custom battle where a half naked guy get stabbed in the back several times but only has some brownish stains on his belly. In vanilla, units are as red as a lobster when they get killed; and when you zoom out, you can clearly see where the battle lines were because there is a river of blood on the ground. Add more blood and make them more red helps the immersion.
    There is a M2TW blood mod that meets your needs called "Crimson Tide".

    Step 1: Main Download 4.0
    Step 2: Essential Patch 4.2

    EDIT: Unfortunately, Crimson Tide makes a few other minor changes to the visuals besides blood. Therefore, if you use it, I highly recommend installing into a temporary directory and then only copying over the "blood" files — do not copy over any of the text files. If you have any questions, let me know.
    Last edited by HaHawk; October 19, 2015 at 02:41 AM.

  13. #293
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern South America
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Hi.
    First to all, I want to congratulate and thank the team for the progress seen in the last months, keep the hard work guy there are many people like myself following the mod progress.
    Is there a mechanic in the engine to implement no upkeep for ships? I have been reading some books about antiquity naval warfare and I think I would be a very nice feature to include if it could be done with the Kingdoms engine. warships were dried while not in use to improve their speed and minimize maintenance.
    It could enable some strategical spots on the map to be naval bases, also it could also add relevance to certain ancient regions famous for their naval power... just an idea if it can be doable.
    Regards.

  14. #294

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    If you disband ships in a port belonging to a settlement where that type of ship can be recruited, the disbanded ships gets added to the recruitment pool. (It was this way a few months ago, not sure if it still works.)

  15. #295
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,378

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio_Scevola View Post
    Hi.
    First to all, I want to congratulate and thank the team for the progress seen in the last months, keep the hard work guy there are many people like myself following the mod progress.
    Is there a mechanic in the engine to implement no upkeep for ships? I have been reading some books about antiquity naval warfare and I think I would be a very nice feature to include if it could be done with the Kingdoms engine. warships were dried while not in use to improve their speed and minimize maintenance.
    It could enable some strategical spots on the map to be naval bases, also it could also add relevance to certain ancient regions famous for their naval power... just an idea if it can be doable.
    Regards.
    I've wondered about this myself. It would be nice if you could get free upkeep by putting your fleet into the port tile. No idea if it's mechanically possible, though.

  16. #296

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    A suggestion for Romani: shouldn't be better if recrutment could be possibile in provincia romane? Historically (although in imperial era, not repubblican), romani recruited legions among italian population and auxiliaries in provinciae...

  17. #297
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,378

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by AncalagonBlack View Post
    A suggestion for Romani: shouldn't be better if recrutment could be possibile in provincia romane? Historically (although in imperial era, not repubblican), romani recruited legions among italian population and auxiliaries in provinciae...
    They'll get local recruitment after the Marian reforms.

  18. #298

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    I'd like to suggest something for the Teutonic System.

    These are some of my thoughts from a 2.05b Arevaci playthrough. Currently I feel that it's too hard for Teutonic system factions to get new FMs, and that perhaps some sort of script or something can be developed to increase the likelihood of adoption events?? I lost 3/5 FMs to Qarthadastim assassins in the early game(nearly game overing me) before I could even recruit an assassin to counter them of my own--before I even had the money to buy one, or a city to buy them from! Besides that, while the number of my cities kept growing(luckily my faction leader proved too difficult to kill for the assassins, otherwise I was defenseless) my number of governors didnt(I still only had 2 FMs), leaving me unable to garrison newly conquered cities with the governors I'm supposed to have if I want increased culture and to be historical with my nation building. I don't have any serious problems with the teutonic system other than this, there simply must be a better and more reliable way for us Teutonic users to get more family members over time--because they're not as reliably replaced like factions which have children. I think there seems to be a cap on FMs related to cities possessed(adoption events tend to happen more frequently after a member has died or new territories have been conquered I think), this makes transitions between governors also more unpleasant, as a FM must die before a new "slot" opens, and even then there is only a chance of adoption. We cant get incumbent governors to groom their sons to take their places as governors, putting us at a disadvantage. I'm simply not getting as many FMs as I need or as I should have I think, and I think it makes Teutonic factions UP to play as.

    I did end up getting a few more FMs over time following these assassinations, enough for me to govern a few of my iberian cities(but not nearly all or most of them), but it came too little and too late. After capturing 5 territories in western north africa, I only had 2 new FMs spawn(one was after my faction leader died, so technically I only got one new family member in total), despite needing several to properly convert culture to the 3 camps I conquered(where migration governments cant be installed and only allied oligarchies can be built)

    Sorry if my request seems ridiculous in any way

  19. #299

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    They'll get local recruitment after the Marian reforms.
    In which version is present Marian reform? How are they triggered?

  20. #300
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,378

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by AncalagonBlack View Post
    In which version is present Marian reform? How are they triggered?
    They're not, yet, because we don't have any Marian Roman units. I'm just sharing what the plan is with the provinc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •