Page 13 of 127 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, it was an Attalid "look at what a great Hellenistic power we are" move, so you're probably right.

Athens is another good point, I'll check. Kyrene was another, as was Syrakousai - or was it Croton (Rhegion)?

EDIT: Turns out it's more serious than that; there isn't a single academic building on the map at the start of the game. That can only be an oversight.
    Athens certainly should have an academy. As for Pergamon, its Library was only built (or expanded to become something important) by Eumenes II, who became king in 197 BC. So no, I don't think Pergamon should have an academy at the start of the game, but I think it should at least have a school.

I got eumenes 1 mixed up with euomenes the 2nd. But I read that the library of pergamon was second only to Alexandria and existed in the 2nd century B.C. The second king Eumenes greatly expanded it after 197 b.c.So it did exist in EB 2`s timeline. Pergamons kings where well cultured because of it, apparently.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

For what it's worth, I'd like to gently remind the EB II team again that they should consider importing the Greek cities found in the (unfortunately still unreleased) Natus Ob Imperium mod.

If I possessed the skills of how to do such a thing I would readily do it. However, I am no modder. I hope someone with the appropriate skill set is able to do this!

I also wish to gently remind this idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    De Bello Mundi has the white flag script- if you are besieging a settlement and have more man power then defenders, you can ask them to surrender. Can this be done in EB?

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

some matters are best discussed in private or by way of official team statements.
    Last edited by Moros; September 01, 2015 at 08:41 AM.

Long time lurker and fan of EB here.

Anatolia and, especially, the Iranian Plateau don't seem to be accurately represented in EBII's campaign map, as per this topographical map here:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...an-Plateau.gif

I could also give as example the map of EB I or even the map of Rome II, where it seems they did a pretty nice job. If you look to the referred areas there it feels totally different from EBII, where they look very flat - like a big plain actually -, and closer to the topographical map above.

I understand that for gameplay purposes the Team cannot buid a milimetrically accurate map, but sure it could be improved, for the sake of historical accuracy? Please don't put all your attention on new units, there are other areas of the game, such as this one, which need your attention. Afterall, isn't EB all about historical accuracy? What about geographical/topographical accuracy?

Long live EB Team! Thanks for your hardwork so far, the mod is amazing.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

some matters are best discussed in private or by way of official team statements.

Lord Baratheon's Avatar Decanus

Ive noticed some of the factions don't have voice actors on the campaign map yet. Do the team plan to integrate this with the final release?

If so why not use the phrases from the original Rome TW or EB? Can that be done?

I loved that generic barbarian voice in the original Rome so much. Great nostalgia.
    Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

Libertus

Last edited by Moros; September 01, 2015 at 08:42 AM.

Libertus

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Edit :sorry for that, bad mood.
    Last edited by gustave; August 31, 2015 at 01:42 PM.

Last edited by Moros; September 01, 2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Tribal Total War

Tribal Total War

I'm not sure if other people have already suggested this...but whatever, I'll still volunteer it. Thing is: is it possible to put multiple settlements in one province? I mean, yes it's repeatedly been lamented that as of MTW2 nobody knows how to increase the total number of regions in the campaign, but you guys have already placed permanent forts in each province. So, going with that thought, can't the team go one step further and actually make those forts have buildings that garner cash or recruit units? Obviously not on the level of the "provincial capital", maybe you can term them as villages or towns. Siege-wise in real-time, modders can make attacking a fort seem like attacking a minor city (I know 'cause that's what they did in 1648 Total War). This will obviously have huge implications and follow-up work such as testing the graph activity of all factions ( especially researching the names and demographics of all those minor settlements) because having multiple settlements in one region makes it harder to conquer. I'm not saying though that taking the provincial capital won't transfer the ownership of the province to you, more like, you conquer, say, Babylon, and that province on the map changes to your faction's color but there are forts owned by the previous inhabitants that can harass you and such. This I know from game-wise perspective will make it horribly daunting work, but for historical accuracy and challenge it will be enriching. I mean, even Alexander the Great, who is one of the most individually accomplished conquerors never really 100% owned the Persian Empire. Yes, he took out the leader, placed his countrymen in top positions, and symbolically "vanquished" the hierarchy of the empire, but I bet my virtual bollocks that there were large regions within that had untouched manpower that weren't fully subdued. His successors had varying success in bringing unifying order to all those untouched states, but the point is Alexander only touched the tip of the iceberg. A very daunting task that only he pulled off, but it was left to others to solidify Greek rule and establish "solidarity" so to speak. The multiple settlements within even allows one to experience conquering as the Romans did in all those novels, Suthcliffe and whatnot. I mean they took the main town and "claimed" borders and stuff, but there were a lot of outlying settlements that still had free barbarians and stuff who raided the romans or traded and whatever, but the point is taking the provincial capital won't make the entire land 100% answerable to you. Game-wise, multiple settlements in one province allows large, large opportunities for generals and units to hone morale and level so we'll get to see high level armies duke it out eventually.

I really hope this is actually doable and the dev team might seriously think about this option.

Last edited by Moros; September 01, 2015 at 08:44 AM.

I find it very odd to see unprofessional units fighting to the death.
    Historically, most battles would not end in complete massacres of one side or the other, as you surely know, generally the causalities would be rather low (rarely more than half of the army).
    My suggestion is to lower morale levels of soldiers.
    By making them easier to rout, it would be more important to keep your line infantry together, prevent a unit from being flanked, use a high command general for important battles, defend your missile troops from being charged at, have more light cavalry wings to chase routing enemies etc.
    I have lowered all morale values in my EDU by 2 (by 1 if a unit only had 2 to begin with) and it gives an additional depth and realism to the game in my opinion.