Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    I just encountered the first of these messages, "changes in the East", didn't realize they were in the mod.
    They are late, post turn-500 for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    They are late, post turn-500 for the most part.
    So 'Changes in the east' doesn't signal an incoming Yuezhi invasion of sorts and is just a message?
    Last edited by Arshak I; February 24, 2021 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arshak I View Post
    So 'Changes in the east' doesn't signal an incoming Yuezhi invasion of sorts and is just a message?
    Uh, no, there are invasions. Lots of events, they're just really late in the game, most of them happening after turn 500. So it's likely you won't see them unless you play long.

Is there a reason that some government options to increase your faction's culture requires a hefty amount of your own culture? For example, the KH Supervised Native Administration looks awesome on paper - up to 50% conversion. However, the prerequisite is the KH Precursor, which requires 25%. Some regions start with very low Hellenistic Cultures, and it's not like you can just camp an FM somewhere - Hellenistic FMs are notorious for accumulating vice after vice which tanks influence. The Celtic factions suffer from a similar situation - their Migration governments require 25% Western Tribal States.

I should also ask: do client ruler's influence increase your own faction's culture, or Eleutheroi?

Your own, but the allied government spreads rebel culture at a much higher strength. You would need to take the client ruler elsewhere to use his influence that way. Also the amount that influence adds to culture conversion is minuscule compared to any building.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Your own, but the allied government spreads rebel culture at a much higher strength. You would need to take the client ruler elsewhere to use his influence that way. Also the amount that influence adds to culture conversion is minuscule compared to any building.
    Thanks dude. I eventually just planted high-influence KH FMs in all the Italian cities and was able to build the prec building (25% hellenistic polities) by turn 100ish. You're right about the slowness, even a max-influence old guy takes 3-4 turns just to increment Hellenistic Polities by 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Is there a reason that some government options to increase your faction's culture requires a hefty amount of your own culture? For example, the KH Supervised Native Administration looks awesome on paper - up to 50% conversion. However, the prerequisite is the KH Precursor, which requires 25%. Some regions start with very low Hellenistic Cultures, and it's not like you can just camp an FM somewhere - Hellenistic FMs are notorious for accumulating vice after vice which tanks influence. The Celtic factions suffer from a similar situation - their Migration governments require 25% Western Tribal States.

I should also ask: do client ruler's influence increase your own faction's culture, or Eleutheroi?
    The fastest way to increase Hellenic culture in a newly conquered settlement is through military colony. All you need is the colony points and strategic fortifications. Adding an FM with high influence will also help.

You can do it with an Allied General with high influence too, but that should only be a choice if you lack enough suitable FMs. Even in this case, it is still better to build the Hellenic military colony and then the allied government.

Allied general with no influence will increase only the rebel culture.

According to my observations, in a small Allied settlement with a general with high influence, culture changes in the following way - one year (4 turns) you see increase in rebel culture and in the next you see an increase in Hellenic culture. Thats until rebel culture reaches 25%. If the settlement already has 25% rebel culture, the culture change will only be on the Hellenic side of the ledger.

Culture change depends on the size of the settlement. When the settlement is a town or village, culture changes every 4 turns. When you go to large or huge city change could slow down a lot. I have waited for several years to see a large city turn from 68 to 69 Hellenic culture - even though the FM inside has 6+ influence.

Note though, that KH can't build Hellenistic colonies.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; March 10, 2021 at 07:57 AM.

the Bulat Steel mod (if you dont know what that is, here is my overview) features varying coastlines and it is possible to embark/disembark on a certain coast types only. was this ever done in EB? if not, would be a good addition imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    the Bulat Steel mod (if you dont know what that is, here is my overview) features varying coastlines and it is possible to embark/disembark on a certain coast types only. was this ever done in EB? if not, would be a good addition imho.
    Sounds cool, but it would probably end up hurting the AI/only benefiting the human player because the player would have to watch fewer landing areas. It would be awesome for multiplayer.

Are you referring to the cliffs? Or are they using something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Sounds cool, but it would probably end up hurting the AI/only benefiting the human player because the player would have to watch fewer landing areas. It would be awesome for multiplayer.
    perhaps, but thats quite realistic and you also have fewer places to disembark yourown troops when launching an offensive. so kinda works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    Are you referring to the cliffs? Or are they using something else?
    visually, it looks like there are sandy beaches and the cliffs.

perhaps, but thats quite realistic and you also have fewer places to disembark yourown troops when launching an offensive. so kinda works both ways.
    I agree, it's realistic. But it wouldn't work both ways because of the AI. Med2's AI simply isn't good enough to consistently use such features to its advantage.

I agree, it's realistic. But it wouldn't work both ways because of the AI. Med2's AI simply isn't good enough to consistently use such features to its advantage.
    it isnt meant to be used by AI to its advantage. thats not the point. to begin with, AI cannot use much to its advantage anyway (hence it receives bunch of boosts and cheats) so applying such philosophy here is misplaced imho. the feature is meant to enhance realism and immersion for a human player and "embark/disembark anywhere" isn't particularly helpful in this regard.

You can have enhanced realism without that mod, there's nothing stopping you. What you need to do is to read about the natural and man-made harbors that were used in the period EB2 covers - and stick to using them. Make disembarking in ports only a house rule. Heck, I'll make it a house rule from now on!

On the other hand, hindering the AI in such a manner is a bad idea. The AI is quite apathetic to launching overseas invasions even in the current state of affairs, there's no benefit in making things worse. Take a look at how many KH stacks are just rotting away on Crete and Rhodes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oks.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	364524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0024.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	364526
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0026.jpg  

That's a huge amount of stacks, gosh.

You can have enhanced realism without that mod, there's nothing stopping you. What you need to do is to read about the natural and man-made harbors that were used in the period EB2 covers - and stick to using them. Make disembarking in ports only a house rule. Heck, I'll make it a house rule from now on!

On the other hand, hindering the AI in such a manner is a bad idea. The AI is quite apathetic to launching overseas invasions even in the current state of affairs, there's no benefit in making things worse. Take a look at how many KH stacks are just rotting away on Crete and Rhodes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oks.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	364524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0024.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	364526
    coming up with houserules does not change the shape of the map or make it more realistic. and yes, i've seen this issue in EB. but EB has no realistic shorelines to blame for this. the problem lies elsewhere. on the other hand, Bulat Steel has no such issue whilst having the varied shorelines.

coming up with houserules does not change the shape of the map or make it more realistic.
    That simply is not true. The "disembarking in ports only" house rule introduces new challenges to the player, challenges that help simulate the strategic and logistical concerns that ancient commanders had to face.

Khevsur, personal work and input is always much appreciated, but as a member of another modding team, I can tell you that by and large there are too many tasks being undertaken by too few people. More than that, there are structural things always being tweaked or added to such sweeping mods like the EBII one here. Given those things, it is fair to assume that you are not being ignored, but rather that there are more pressing things to be dealt with before making cosmetic changes to a handful of units that only appear in a handful of territories. Just keep posting the info and sources you have, and when the team has the time, they will be sure to do something with it.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Please increase Battle AI generals hit points on their spawn. These Ai generals they die too fast. Battles end so quickly and I m not even sniping them. There is a way to do hard and very hard difficulty to increease those hit points of generals. I don t know give them traits with hit points on their spawn, make them tanky. The whole reason to remove so much lethality was to increase battle time limits but after playing so many battles it turns out you kill the head of the snake in five minutes and the battle is over...