Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 106085100101102103104105106107108109110
Results 2,181 to 2,189 of 2189

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Hi there i just make a new account so i could ask several question here in eb2. It's been a fun experience and i would definitely say this mod has the best roleplay and army and government building experience out of suprisingly every game i played.

First is Roman provincia, i can build this anywhere just fine (even in bosporus, gaetulia and phasania!) but then i take egypt and Alexandria and that city below Memphis i cannot build it. Is this a bug or it's intentional i cannot build roman provincia everywhere?

Second is foriegn military colony, used by hellen and eastern alike for recruitment boost however it cannot be built in hellen metropolis. This is fine as hellenic but as eastern it become troublesome seeing hayastan cannot bulid the colony which is ironic because hayastan can only build tier 3 colony in hayastan version of royal satrapy or philhellenic satrapy.

And third is question concerning parthian government building. After reform you can only build satrapy or royal satrapy in certain province while the rest you have to make due with border march(which provide medicore both infrastructure and military option) however if the settlement have hellenestic polis you could make philhellene satrapy which provide superior infrastructure and military option(including recieving 2 iranian catrapacht for each like satrapy) My question are Parthia playstyle supposed to heavily benefited from conquest to hellenic territory because you can build philhelene satrapy as supposed of border march?

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Some observations playing my latest Nabatu campaign:

A very minor thing, are fleets in the Indian Ocean. As a player I can only recruit Afluku, Arabian Tradefleets, or their Indian equivalents. That's fine, but the Pirate fleets really mess my fleets up until I get double their numbers. I don't know if this was a historical danger, if there were faster moving pirates disrupting trade there but yeah.
    That will be the generic pirates that are the same all over the map, unfortunately fleets are not flexible (unlike armies that can be varied for each region) in descr_rebel_factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Raiding is either acting weird or I am an idiot, because sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't. Do I have to have a certain amount of units ? Do I have to stand on certain tiles ? Do I have to border a province ? Do some traits make it impossible for a character to raid ? Those were all problems I ran into as Nabatu, not being able to raid the rebel province of Hadramaut but having no problem with the rebel province of Maka which I didn't border.
    If memory serves you need to stand on the same spot in enemy lands for a full term before you are credited, it's based on the devastation principle.

Based on my testing to trigger the devastation bonus terrain type matters. I don't have the exact results handy but if I recall correctly the terrain needs to be either medium or high fertility or I think swamp works. Must have a general in the stack, must be at war with the owner of the province. Once you move to a tile you need to remain there for at least one turn without moving. If you have a small stack and its high fertility you can sometimes get multiple turns of devastation before you have to move again.

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.

Blog Entries

Terrain doesn't matter - all other points do. Treasury levels play a role as well as do number of owned settlements. Some factions like Parthia loose the ability when they 'settle down'. Notification is a one time event.
    Code:
        ; === Devastation Money Bonus ===

; Money bonus for devastating tiles on the map

; Aedui

monitor_event GeneralDevastatesTile FactionType f_aedui
            and Treasury < 30000
            and AgentType = named character
            if not I_IsFactionAIControlled f_aedui
                and I_EventCounter HE_DEVASTATE < 1         ; not been notified before
                historic_event HE_DEVASTATE factions { f_aedui, }
            end_if
            if I_NumberOfSettlements f_aedui < 11   ; less then 10 settlements
                add_money f_aedui 800
            end_if
        end_monitor

; Parthia

monitor_event GeneralDevastatesTile FactionType f_parthia
            and Treasury < 30000
            and AgentType = named character
            if I_EventCounter ecParthia_Imperial > 0 ; settling reform has taken place
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            if not I_IsFactionAIControlled f_parthia
                and I_EventCounter HE_DEVASTATE < 1         ; not been notified before
                historic_event HE_DEVASTATE factions { f_parthia, }
            end_if
            if I_NumberOfSettlements f_parthia < 11   ; less then 10 settlements
                add_money f_parthia 800
            end_if
        end_monitor

I should have been clearer. Again based on my testing, the monitor:
    monitor_event GeneralDevastatesTile

only seems to trigger on certain terrain types. It also seems to be related to the amount of devastation already present in the area, hence if you use a small stack on a high fertility tile you can get multiple turns of bonus without having to move to a new tile.

Blog Entries

I can't confirm the terrain type issue, I do however remember a stack hidden in forest just outside my territory causing devastation in my region.
    I had set up a playable horde to test it's functionality and stuck the lonely general on a far island in the Arabian Sea. That resulted in regions being devastated on the Arabian Peninsula after a while! I think it got circumvented by setting that faction at neutral with every other faction.
    Lift the FoW and see if he is still there

In this case getting money for the devastation always requires a named character, and will get a message only once, whereas devastation itself will happen regardless if the army is led by a named character. The message can be set to repeating by commenting out the 'and I_EventCounter' lines which will make it easier to test.
    The visible devastation can mislead, it does not expand by volume afaik, eg each turn adds the same amount of surface, but rather 'centric', eg a constant amount of radius increase and the number of units in a stack does not make a difference either, see above mentioning.

My suggestions:

1. Make the player's own armies to cause devastation when in player-owned provinces - not just in enemy territory. I think that this makes sense, because an army, even if it was on home ground did cause devastation as soldiers gathered food and other supplies. The logistics of an army were difficult and required a lot of resources.

2. Generally, increase the devastation level. This will stimulate the player to actively chase minor rebel armies.

3. If possible, make rebel armies target province buildings and resources like mines, ports, roads, and industries. If the rebel army stays on such buildings for X turns, eliminate the income that the building generates for the town. For example, if a rebel stack stays on a mine - eliminate the mine income to the town (give it to the rebel faction).

4. Perhaps make a character trait (Logistician) to allow a general not to cause devastation on own territory. Give this trait to all rebel generals.

Blog Entries

1. & 4. Technically not possible - it's hard coded that devastation only happens outside your own region.
    2. There are modifiers that can do the job.
    3. Occupying a port's land part is the same as a naval blockade, in fact it has the same 'siege' model elements and you loose that income. I don't think rebels on roads interrupt land trade though. mine income - not possible to influence through 'occupation'. Wouldn't even know where to start scripting for the presence or how to give income the slave faction in such a situation.

fat soldiers