Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Correct we're trying to improve.
    There are several reasons for its implementation
    1) Numerous complaints about rebels dying out quickly
    2) Mid/Late game is notorious for being a cash abundant state
    3) Heirs/Leaders are practically expendable and their squabbles/internal struggles are poorly represented at the moment
    4) Holding a vast empire and regions which had an identity is unrealistically easy
    5) It adds another element of strategy/realism/intrigue as to what exactly you do with the most important members of your faction- in fact often once a leader died out factions would collapse (Pergamon comes to mind)
    (And 6- the historians/faction coordinators approved it obviously)

You can still make your own path (as well the other factions) it will just be a little more difficult as it was in history. As for the other scripts, it was never intended that any of the script would have problem. We do test things before releasing it into the 'wild' but not always will every single detail be tested/caught and fixed.

Thanks to our industrious team members things have been moving along at a steady pace and any bugs we find ironed out but only with the help of your testing and feedback which is very much appreciated and important.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I mean allied goverments are already pretty bad and rarely used as they already setback a lot a settlement in terms of building posibilities and they dont give that much troops.
    At least myself I only use them in places with a really big disorder I cant control otherwise or to get a bit more variety of troops if I found the army I can raise in my direct goverments is lacking in some aspects. And even with that most time is a very short term thing that gets replaced as soon as possible.
    Yeah your right i don't use them too much either and would make them more unappealing. I was thinking about how the AI they loves them, they use 12 Faction governments with 50 allied states attached. What factions do you like to play as?

alongside a painful loss in your treasuries as your new leader scrambles to consolidate his new holdings and establish his authority.
    Ill have to keep track of Teutonic tree Faction leaders, as they can have something like 5 new faction leaders in 20 years as they go down the line of the next eldest. Until a young FM arrives. They are roughly all the same age at the beginning of the game. Ill have to see what that does to the faction for that long depending on the penalties.

Last edited by Mantaprey; July 30, 2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: double post

I'm wondering about revising Allied Government pools, they are a bit stunted at the moment. I was thinking of adding 1-2 units to each one only levies, mind, but that would at least make it possible to recruit a reasonable garrison with them.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    3) Heirs/Leaders are practically expendable and their squabbles/internal struggles are poorly represented at the moment
    4) Holding a vast empire and regions which had an identity is unrealistically easy
    5) It adds another element of strategy/realism/intrigue as to what exactly you do with the most important members of your faction- in fact often once a leader died out factions would collapse (Pergamon comes to mind)
    (And 6- the historians/faction coordinators approved it obviously)

You can still make your own path (as well the other factions) it will just be a little more difficult as it was in history. As for the other scripts, it was never intended that any of the script would have problem. We do test things before releasing it into the 'wild' but not always will every single detail be tested/caught and fixed.

Thanks to our industrious team members things have been moving along at a steady pace and any bugs we find ironed out but only with the help of your testing and feedback which is very much appreciated and important.
    I agree with all of these issues, I'm glad you are trying to address it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Thumbs up!

Few suggestions

1) making rebel faction asap, with 10 or so strategically disperse provinces, so we will have time to test if it is working fine

5) if it will be possible to make some of your less loyal generals/FMs rebel with their armies/garrisons at that moment? (should be some rnd function so not always they will rebel, and not always the least loyal ones). Enemy spies can make them rebel, so I guess that thing can be used in scripting this if otherwise is not possible

PS. Baktrian missions and in general getting colonist as Hellenistic factions is bit odd. First in real life those missions for Baktrians will not get them colonists. Suggestions:

a) colonists will come to distant lands from Greek mainlands only if you give them enough opportunities if they come. That means money (for promoting this, for their long and expensive trip etc). So, if you want some (as Baktria which do not have enough local population for that) you must give significant money. Part of that money can go to the treasury of the friendly Hellenistic state, which must give Ok for their subjects to move. Way better idea that those missions

b) Requirements - only few big cities as now is not realistic. You should have that ability if you have at least, lets say (but it can be different) - at least 3 provinces with 50%+ Greek culture, or at least 5 with 30%, etc or something like this. Having a huge city, will give you some extra little bonus on it.
    Tribal Total War

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Regiment View Post
    PS. Baktrian missions and in general getting colonist as Hellenistic factions is bit odd. First in real life those missions for Baktrians will not get them colonists. Suggestions:

a) colonists will come to distant lands from Greek mainlands only if you give them enough opportunities if they come. That means money (for promoting this, for their long and expensive trip etc). So, if you want some (as Baktria which do not have enough local population for that) you must give significant money. Part of that money can go to the treasury of the friendly Hellenistic state, which must give Ok for their subjects to move. Way better idea that those missions

b) Requirements - only few big cities as now is not realistic. You should have that ability if you have at least, lets say (but it can be different) - at least 3 provinces with 50%+ Greek culture, or at least 5 with 30%, etc or something like this. Having a huge city, will give you some extra little bonus on it.
    a) I think there's some merit, perhaps, in a rarely-occurring, scripted event that offers you the option of funding a colonist expedition from further west. That would be a universal thing for all Hellenistic factions, though, not just for Baktria. The missions aren't going anywhere. The reason for the Ferghana mission is that any colonists travelling to Baktria have to make their way through Seleukid territory, thus need the blessing of the Seleukid king.

b) The general requirements aren't changing. The size of a settlement with high rel_h doesn't matter, the nucleus of colonists is the polis, which is what that building represents. That's why the script counts polis_three buildings only. We did have a discussion about polis_two's counting in some way, but dropped the idea in the end. Colonisation is supposed to be tricky, the easiest polis_two's to upgrade are in Greece itself, but of course they're not available to Baktria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    Yeah your right i don't use them too much either and would make them more unappealing. I was thinking about how the AI they loves them, they use 12 Faction governments with 50 allied states attached. What factions do you like to play as?
    The factions I like the most are mainly helenistic are Baktria, Pergamon, Makedonia, KH... I dont really like big starting empires so I almost never play Seleucids or Ptolemaics.
    After those I like Carthage (the big guy I enjoy the most), Rome and Pahlava. I tried tribal factions but dont like them much.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Regiment
    Thumbs up!

Few suggestions

1) making rebel faction asap, with 10 or so strategically disperse provinces, so we will have time to test if it is working fine

5) if it will be possible to make some of your less loyal generals/FMs rebel with their armies/garrisons at that moment? (should be some rnd function so not always they will rebel, and not always the least loyal ones). Enemy spies can make them rebel, so I guess that thing can be used in scripting this if otherwise is not possible

5) Already happens. Though only if on campaign. Never in a settlement

We will either find a way, or make one.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

I had EB2 a while ago but not currently (I'm waiting for the Autumn release before I get it again), so If I am wrong about what I remember, that's why, its been a while.

So, I remember that for the Germans and Baltics the spear was not available for subject tribes that didn't have equal status, and that they only had slingers and archers available from those provinces to recruit (although I seem to recall some celtic spear armed units available, despite not fitting with that). How about giving those regions the possibility to recruit clubmen and/or a javilineer infantry unit.
    Last edited by James the Red; August 05, 2015 at 07:24 PM.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Would be nice to have unique ancillaries for each settlement, something like "Ruler of Province", for example "Governor of Syracusa", each giving some unique bonus related to the province in question. Characters would get them on the first winter when governing the city, they could be passed from one another too.

I don't know if this is possible, but I would prefer that rebel settlements had increased garrisons based on importance of the settlement. Syracuse is the major place that comes to mind. I wish that rebel stacks didn't move around in their own settlements so it isn't as easy to destroy them piecemeal. Is it hard coded that a single defeat destroys a rebel stack?

I like the minor settlement idea but I find it to be exploitable. The AI treats them as a fort which means that their stacks are divided so once again I can destroy them piecemeal. If there is a minor settlement nearby I always offer the AI the ransom option. If they accept I get money and the defeated army will move to the minor settlement where I can destroy them again. Most importantly though, I find that the AI will split their army to go take one of my minor settlements which allows me to destroy their siegeing army while theyre off conquering an asset that is basically useless to them . The AI is pretty good at grouping when they are defending but when they go on the offensive it's not very good.

My island towns are almost never attacked and if they are its usually <5 units attacking it. I left Rhodes and Crete undefended as Macedon and Egypt simply ignored it.
    Last edited by tgoodenow; August 06, 2015 at 12:08 AM.

Rebel stacks disbanding on defeat is hardcoded in the M2TW engine.

Another idea from Stainless Steel (it actually originally comes from Lusted, if I recall), they have a version of the map where watchtowers are already placed along key routes and properly highlight all provinces, cities and approaches to them.

In EB2 at the moment minor settlements highlight nicely around Italy, Greece and Asia Minor. But everywhere else, most notably Persia, you are pretty much in the complete dark. So every campaign there means you have to spend countless time placing watchtowers just to be able to see the bandits raiding your roads.

In Stainless Steel they just have it as an option in the installer: "Place watchtowers around the map".

Has the team considered expanding the width of roads in towns and cities? At present I believe the main avenues are only wide enough for four men — maybe five — to stand side by side. This seems awfully small both from a realism and gameplay perspective. I also hope there is still the possibility of increasing the sizes of walls slightly so that huge units can actually get on them. For example, in another mod for M2TW, the team made the walls large enough to deploy artillery.

I imagine something in between the current width of EBII settlement walls and this screenshot would suffice to enable a few hundred troops to get onto the walls. Cheers.

Senator

At present I believe the main avenues are only wide enough for four men — maybe five — to stand side by side. This seems awfully small both from a realism and gameplay perspective
    What the hell are you talking about???You can put mthem more than 20 man wide in the larger cities.....
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    Has the team considered expanding the width of roads in towns and cities? At present I believe the main avenues are only wide enough for four men — maybe five — to stand side by side. This seems awfully small both from a realism and gameplay perspective. I also hope there is still the possibility of increasing the sizes of walls slightly so that huge units can actually get on them. For example, in another mod for M2TW, the team made the walls large enough to deploy artillery.

I imagine something in between the current width of EBII settlement walls and this screenshot would suffice to enable a few hundred troops to get onto the walls. Cheers.
    Larger wall is definitely needed for max unit size. I always play with max unit size and many times I cannot deploy my unit onto the walls on the side of the gate as defender, I
    have to leave the wall undefended even when I have enough troops.
    As for the attacker, sometimes the AI freezes when half of its unit is on the wall through the siege tower and other half is still down there cause there is no more space on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Would be nice to have unique ancillaries for each settlement, something like "Ruler of Province", for example "Governor of Syracusa", each giving some unique bonus related to the province in question. Characters would get them on the first winter when governing the city, they could be passed from one another too.
    You'll like b0Gias submod then which will be re-released whenever the next major EB II update happens.

Any chance you could boost the accuracy and/or damage of scorpions? Just did a custom battle I scorpion vs 1 immobile unit of hatstati and they where struck 3 times causing 5 casualties before the ammo ran out.. bit underwhelming to say the least.

Yea, scorpions need to be made far more fearsome than now.

I'd cut all the bodyguard units to 15-20 dudes like in SS...