Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9598499100101102103104105106107108109
Results 2,161 to 2,178 of 2178

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

in Game Colchian Spearmens are all Black hairs , but west Georgian(colchis) People are Light-normal skin, have darkest brown to dark blonde color hayrs , have blue and green eyes. eastern Georgian (iberians) peoples have normal-tan skin , black to dark brown color hayrs, brown and blue eyes.

Please update
    Last edited by Khevsur; September 22, 2020 at 08:37 AM.

Is your information about the way Georgians from these regions look today? If so, are you certain these generalities track to the Georgian populations from over two millennia earlier? I ask because it is really important not to read current things back into history.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Kilo11

modern Kartvelian Peolpe (old colchians and iberians ) have genetic Caucasians, who lived in georgia 10,000 years ago. Georgians are direct descendants old Colchians and Iberians. Today's Kartvelian languages are the same.

kartvelian Tribes also lived in Pontus, cappadocia amd armenia minor.

you do not know, But in Game Cappadocians Warriors are Kartvelian tribes warriors. Ethnos and Language "Cappadocian" - Did not exist

in think Game without Kartvelian( Maybe Ibero-Caucassian peoples) Fraction is a mistake

https://zviadgamsakhurdia.wordpress.com/tag/kartvelian/

https://tsu-ge.academia.edu/GiaKvashilava

Ibero-Caucassian tribes, Direct ancestors of modern Caucasians - Georgians (svans, mingrelians, lazs, and other georgians),adygeans, ossetians, chechen-Ingushs, dagestanians, medieval albanians.

Last edited by Khevsur; September 24, 2020 at 11:49 AM.

Just a remark : It seems that some units available in custom battle are not implemented in the campaign yet, for example, lakonikoi hoplitai, i believe ....

Quote Originally Posted by Titus66 View Post
    Just a remark : It seems that some units available in custom battle are not implemented in the campaign yet, for example, lakonikoi hoplitai, i believe ....
    Lakonikoi are a reform unit. As KH, you're supposed to upgrade your polis and/or farms in Sparta or something like that.

Upgrade the farms to the one available after Sparta reaches City-level size

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

Not every unit is available from the start of the game. Some have time-based or activity-based reform triggers. They might still be available in Custom Battles, even though you can't recruit them right away.

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate ; although it would be nice though that they could put more of this type of information in the player guide PDF file ...
    (For example with the Romans, i discovered by accident that colonies could be built after disbanding cohorts ...).

Cheers.

Default Fans suggestion thread for future releases

You might want to update the name for the unit ''Erin-mesh Uriki'', as it uses improper Sumerian grammar. ''mesh'' is only a plural marker for Sumerograms in Akkadian, and the plural of the inanimate nouns in Sumerian is unmarked, so it would just be ''Erin''. Also, the ''ki'' of ''Uriki'' is a determinative; it is not pronounced or written in normalizations of cuneiform texts, so you would end up with just ''Erin Uri'' for 'troops of Akkad'.

It might also be a valid suggestion to change the unit-name from Sumerian to Akkadian - both were purely written languages in the Hellenistic period, but even then the understanding of Akkadian was much more intact than that of Sumerian at this point. In Akkadian it would translate to ''ṣāb māt Akkadi'' for 'troops of the land of Akkad'. I cannot speak for the historical application of these terms, but they're grammatically correct, at least.

Note: Akkad is occasionally written ki-Uri in Sumerian, but this is not a form I have seen so frequently.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 28, 2020 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Merged.

Is it normal that some settlements systematically rebel no matter what ?

For example playing with Rome it was literally impossible to keep Akko for more than 4 turns without a rebellion, and playing with Epirus it was the same with Liguria....

It didn't seem to matter how good the governor was (they would always die in the rebellions anyways), or how many troop I had in the settlement (it could be a full stack it didn't seem to matter). It seemed impossible to even build the low level public order buildings before a rebellion occurred.

I understand that some regions were historically unruly, but by the 6th time you've exterminated the same place, you would expect some improvement, and yet nothing seems to work... What the hell am I doing wrong here ?

Cheers.

Try moving the capital closer to the rebellious settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by santakku View Post
    You might want to update the name for the unit ''Erin-mesh Uriki'', as it uses improper Sumerian grammar. ''mesh'' is only a plural marker for Sumerograms in Akkadian, and the plural of the inanimate nouns in Sumerian is unmarked, so it would just be ''Erin''. Also, the ''ki'' of ''Uriki'' is a determinative; it is not pronounced or written in normalizations of cuneiform texts, so you would end up with just ''Erin Uri'' for 'troops of Akkad'.

It might also be a valid suggestion to change the unit-name from Sumerian to Akkadian - both were purely written languages in the Hellenistic period, but even then the understanding of Akkadian was much more intact than that of Sumerian at this point. In Akkadian it would translate to ''ṣāb māt Akkadi'' for 'troops of the land of Akkad'. I cannot speak for the historical application of these terms, but they're grammatically correct, at least.

Note: Akkad is occasionally written ki-Uri in Sumerian, but this is not a form I have seen so frequently.
    Oops, looks like I forgot the 'u'. It would be ṣābū māt Akkadi (with a plural -ū).

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

Is it normal that some settlements systematically rebel no matter what ?

For example playing with Rome it was literally impossible to keep Akko for more than 4 turns without a rebellion, and playing with Epirus it was the same with Liguria....

It didn't seem to matter how good the governor was (they would always die in the rebellions anyways), or how many troop I had in the settlement (it could be a full stack it didn't seem to matter). It seemed impossible to even build the low level public order buildings before a rebellion occurred.

I understand that some regions were historically unruly, but by the 6th time you've exterminated the same place, you would expect some improvement, and yet nothing seems to work... What the hell am I doing wrong here ?

Cheers.
    There's a Troublesome Regions script for places that were historically unruly. Liguria is one of those on the list.

Your problem with Akko is more likely related to it's size and difference in culture to your own.

@Titus66 If stabilizing one of these regions is essential to your strategy, try doing the following:

- Transfer your best, and I cannot stress this enough, BEST governor to that region before it starts rioting. This can be an experienced governor from one of your core settlements, or your FL or FH (they tend of have faction-specific leader and heir traits that grant influence and law bonuses, as well as influence and unrest modifiers from winning battles and sacking settlements).
    - Destroy EVERY single building that decreases public order. Markets and ports are prime candidates. Building the economy can wait.
    - Don't build past the Regional Pacification building. It provides 5% law, and most faction's higher government options penalize public order. You need time to establish other buildings anyways
    - Unfortunately as QS said there's a cultural difference factor in play. You'd have to have a high-influence governor in the troublesome region for dozens of turns before cultural conversion will have decreased civil unrest. Even a 10-influence governor will take 30-ish turns to convert 10% of your faction's culture.
    - If all else fails move your capital closer to the frontlines. Your core regions are likely to be stable anyways and sacrificing income due to distance corruption is a worthy price to pay for keeping a rebellious region happy

Side note: the public order bonus from garrison cannot exceed 60%. So try to have the bare minimum (plus a little more to account for future population growth) garrison instead of always a full stack. Also, Troublesome regions have a periodic spike in unrest every dozen or so turns. You may have been trying to keep them under control during the peak of their unrest (chances are the unrest there during that time is at 80%, which is the limit). When you get lucky the unrest will drastically reduce. Also, the presence of Troublesome Region-generated rebel stacks will maintain 80% unrest. Destroy all rebel stacks ASAP to kick off the stabilization process.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    @Titus66 If stabilizing one of these regions is essential to your strategy, try doing the following:

- Transfer your best, and I cannot stress this enough, BEST governor to that region before it starts rioting. This can be an experienced governor from one of your core settlements, or your FL or FH (they tend of have faction-specific leader and heir traits that grant influence and law bonuses, as well as influence and unrest modifiers from winning battles and sacking settlements).
    - Destroy EVERY single building that decreases public order. Markets and ports are prime candidates. Building the economy can wait.
    - Don't build past the Regional Pacification building. It provides 5% law, and most faction's higher government options penalize public order. You need time to establish other buildings anyways
    - Unfortunately as QS said there's a cultural difference factor in play. You'd have to have a high-influence governor in the troublesome region for dozens of turns before cultural conversion will have decreased civil unrest. Even a 10-influence governor will take 30-ish turns to convert 10% of your faction's culture.
    - If all else fails move your capital closer to the frontlines. Your core regions are likely to be stable anyways and sacrificing income due to distance corruption is a worthy price to pay for keeping a rebellious region happy

Side note: the public order bonus from garrison cannot exceed 60%. So try to have the bare minimum (plus a little more to account for future population growth) garrison instead of always a full stack. Also, Troublesome regions have a periodic spike in unrest every dozen or so turns. You may have been trying to keep them under control during the peak of their unrest (chances are the unrest there during that time is at 80%, which is the limit). When you get lucky the unrest will drastically reduce. Also, the presence of Troublesome Region-generated rebel stacks will maintain 80% unrest. Destroy all rebel stacks ASAP to kick off the stabilization process.
    Agreed. When it comes to settlements like Bagiennorum in Liguria, Sekeiza in Celtiberia, Likash in Mauretania, or Akko in Judea, I concur, you need to sit your best, most highly influential governor there for not just "dozens" of turns, but literally decades of time. He needs to sit there for his entire lifetime until he turns 72-74 years old and dies, especially if you are the Roman or a Hellenistic Greek faction from a different culture. At that point maybe allow an allied government to recruit a new client ruler there if you're short on generals/governors, but for these settlements in particular I almost always opt for direct control via native administrations, supervised administrations or provincial government. Even then they still require your best family members to just sit there on cultural conversion duty, at least until the populace has been converted/assimilated above 70% to your culture.

santakku

Kartvelian languages Is similar to Sumerian Language, Also , Minoan pelasgian civilization and language was Kartvellian. Pre Indo-European Anatolia and Europa was Ibero-Caucasian (proto Kartvelian)

https://independent.academia.edu/AMeskhi

https://tsu-ge.academia.edu/GiaKvashilava

https://tsu-ge.academia.edu/LevanGordeziani

k
    Last edited by Khevsur; October 03, 2020 at 05:56 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Just a passing thought as I was playing a campaign. Perhaps the gymnasion should only be allowed after polis status.
    Polis status outside of an actual oringinal Greek poleis was granted status.
    Then the gymnasion also carries educational skills- maily philisophical, plus the obvious cultural martial pride.
    As a recent article refered to the Greco-Makedonians in their Katoikia and Seleukid city foundations/refoundations as a diaspora these Greco-Makedonians were jealous and prided rhemselves on their 'paternity'- A Kleros was passed by lineage through paternity, as in any Hellenic Polis.
    The Babylonians sum it up the Babiaya us and them the Polite Sa Ina Balili

PS. Anyone know if/how I might change the display date to reflect Seleukid era calender, mostly for the benefit of my AAR. Its why I am messing with traits and potraits etc
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; October 16, 2020 at 04:19 AM.

I would like to suggest to make temple building more engaging and flexible by shortening construction times.

Right now temple building is time consuming - 24 turns (6 years of gameplay) for a Level 4 Temple. This is so much, it is prohibitive to changes. In other words this high construction time punishes the player should he want to make changes in his realm and use more actively the bonuses provided by temples. Ultimately, this discourages a more analytical city building.

I am thinking of two ways to potentially shorten the construction time and achieve this:

1. Directly and significantly shorten the construction time for temples Level 3 and above.

2. Make it possible for temples to be repurposed. For example, once level 4 is reached, allow the player to change gods at the cost (in time) of building another level 4 temple. Heck, allow this for any level of temple...

I think that temples are a cool addition to the city building side of the game, but construction time keeps the multiple options provided by temples locked.

Cheers! And keep up the great work you are doing!