Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Playing as Hayastan, the Seleucids attacked me despite my still paying tribute and remaining allied with them. Maybe they didn't like it when I wiped out their ally Pergamon... I'd still recommend setting the faction standing when paying tribute to something like .5 instead of .2, just to prevent betrayal

I would merge steppe and arid nomadisms in order to get a new culture spot. Two factions with different nomadism culture would encounter each other only in very unusual scenarios. It would leave one spot for a Phoenician culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Guils View Post
    I would merge steppe and arid nomadisms in order to get a new culture spot. Two factions with different nomadism culture would encounter each other only in very unusual scenarios. It would leave one spot for a Phoenician culture.
    Well... Actually, with the new tool that allow us to change some of the hardcoded mechanics, we are actually able to add even more cultures then before, even up to 100 if we want. However, I would say around 20 would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Well... Actually, with the new tool that allow us to change some of the hardcoded mechanics, we are actually able to add even more cultures then before, even up to 100 if we want. However, I would say around 20 would be enough.
    Is there a post about this new tool somewhere?

Is there a post about this new tool somewhere?
    Yes, many actually. Follow https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...erhaul-Project

Did you ... did you just hint about the vanishment of the biggest obstacle for the implementation of a Kushite/Meroitic faction?
    The EB-Team is really planning to use this tool?

Ah, it's not in the EBII forum, that's why I didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post

Did you ... did you just hint about the vanishment of the biggest obstacle for the implementation of a Kushite/Meroitic faction?
    The EB-Team is really planning to use this tool?
    Apparently the limit remains at 30 factions. And most requests were in favour of an Illyrian faction.

Another thing I would like to see is traits and ancillaries related to Panhellenic games. Some FM could have traits like "athlete", "Olympic victor", "athletic sponsor", partly influenced by gymnasion-type buildings.
    As with the Library building giving the "cultured" trait, game buildings would give physical traits, up to Olympic victor. Many famous Greek leaders were Panhellenic victors, so it would make sense.
    FMs would also be able to gain unique ancillaries named after the Olympic Games victors (we know many names), especially those with sponsor traits: the ancillary of a stadion winner would bring influence, pancration winner personal security, hoplitodromos winner infantry recruitment bonus, etc.

Rome would also be able to compete to the Games once it controls Greece.

I also suppose other factions could have similar traits linked to the game buildings.

Apparently the limit remains at 30 factions. And most requests were in favour of an Illyrian faction.
    That's correct but when the EB Team ruled out a kushite faction (years ago, may perhaps date back to even before 2010) they did it with the convincing point that there aren't enough culture slots.
    I know that there has always been a rather large "demand" for an illyrian faction, I expect them to be in in case there are no Belgae (which I suspect will be the first choice of the EB team) and I didn't meant to imply that through the use of this magnificient tool there will be a kushite faction in EB II now.
    But the most difficult problem regarding such a faction is gone now, it seems, making a submod at least possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post
    That's correct but when the EB Team ruled out a kushite faction (years ago, may perhaps date back to even before 2010) they did it with the convincing point that there aren't enough culture slots.
    I know that there has always been a rather large "demand" for an illyrian faction, I expect them to be in in case there are no Belgae (which I suspect will be the first choice of the EB team) and I didn't meant to imply that through the use of this magnificient tool there will be a kushite faction in EB II now.
    But the most difficult problem regarding such a faction is gone now, it seems, making a submod at least possible.
    Indeed. There are other difficulties with making a Kushite faction but I cannot say that it wouldn't be interesting making a submod for them.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Isnt that impossible due to licensing problems so mods that use this tool cant be distributed in any way ?

RTR Platinum had an arbitrary mountain range between Kyrene and Lapqi preventing armies from moving across. This prevented the unrealistic and annoying Great Desert Wars between Qart-Hadast and Ptolemaioi. Would the EBII team consider adding this feature? I know they've already implemented a "sphere of influence" script between those two factions centered on Kyrene, so some thought was put into this. However, in practice Qart-Hadast would send stack after stack across the Libyan wastelands into core Ptolemaic settlements, sometimes even taking Alexandreia or Memphis.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Isnt that impossible due to licensing problems so mods that use this tool cant be distributed in any way ?
    You are thinking of the taboo of altering the executable file. That is not the case, the tool alters the memory after the game has started which is perfectly fine. There is a drawback with that as it will be flagged by most AVs as virus due to the mechanic.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You are thinking of the taboo of altering the executable file. That is not the case, the tool alters the memory after the game has started which is perfectly fine. There is a drawback with that as it will be flagged by most AVs as virus due to the mechanic.
    So that means stuff like faction limits, unit limits etc. are gone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    So that means stuff like faction limits, unit limits etc. are gone ?
    Not yet. The creator is still working on the features of the program but he has already accomplished some great things.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Does the limits-removal also mea that the EBII team will work on new projects for the upcoming version?
    Im thinking it would be good to stay within the old limits of the game, and finish what is already worked on.
    I am so eager to see the results of all the unique work you have accomplished
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Not yet. The creator is still working on the features of the program but he has already accomplished some great things.
    Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Christianus View Post
    Does the limits-removal also mea that the EBII team will work on new projects for the upcoming version?
    Im thinking it would be good to stay within the old limits of the game, and finish what is already worked on.
    I am so eager to see the results of all the unique work you have accomplished
    Well, the team already had a lot of work to do even before this new tool so who knows. Erken has been doing a great work with the new tool, introducing some amazing new features that might be on his submod after the next patch is released. So lets see

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Can you guys please consider reworking the Hellenistic infantry standard-bearer now? It's still using that incredibly OP/outdated model. Isn't it partially from the first Europa Barbarorum? It just looks a bit awkward when he's standing next to soldiers with incredibly fleshed out and realistic unit textures in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Can you guys please consider reworking the Hellenistic infantry standard-bearer now? It's still using that incredibly OP/outdated model. Isn't it partially from the first Europa Barbarorum? It just looks a bit awkward when he's standing next to soldiers with incredibly fleshed out and realistic unit textures in comparison.
    I second this.