Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45479949596979899100101102103104
Results 2,061 to 2,079 of 2079

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

  1. #2061
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    I understand all those points about the raiding mechanic. My suggestion was about having raids conducted in the position of buildings that are pictured on the strat map to also potentially damage those buildings. This would place a greater premium on guarding certain things like mines or wonders, which makes historical sense, and adds a level of roleplaying to this already awesome mod. To be sure, I am not saying there is anything at all wrong with the current raiding mechanic. My point is that it seems like it might be cool to develop that mechanic a little more, and have it impact the buildings in a settlement as well (if such a thing is possible). I'd be very interested to hear Quintus' thoughts on whether such a suggestion is even remotely feasible, as I have no idea what things can be tracked and what console commands can be executed via script.
    It's an interesting suggestion indeed

  2. #2062
    Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Antiokheia
    Posts
    3,328

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We don't use PSFs in greater numbers because it messes with the CAI. The AI thinks they're proper settlements and focuses on them to the exclusion of actually defending their proper settlements.
    Thank you for your answer. Would you happen to know where I might find out how to do this myself? Just a few

  3. #2063
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Thank you for your answer. Would you happen to know where I might find out how to do this myself? Just a few
    I can help you. I added some PSFs on my own build some time ago.

  4. #2064

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    I have been playing as epirus and emigrated to scicily before expanding outwards. I have noticed that there is not a significant benefit to upgrading native colonies to the second level. It adds one free upkeep space and 1 recruitment slot but no increase in troops available. This is true in italy and spain. Level 3 does increase recruitment to 3 units of each troop type so is more worthwhile. Pre -polyibian reforms this was not true and only added one level of renumerated spearman (in italy, cant remember what the case in spain was pre reforms there). I would suggest there should be a more tangible benefit for upgrading the colonies maybe? It does not seem financially worthwhile at the moment.

  5. #2065
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by sigurdr View Post
    I have been playing as epirus and emigrated to scicily before expanding outwards. I have noticed that there is not a significant benefit to upgrading native colonies to the second level. It adds one free upkeep space and 1 recruitment slot but no increase in troops available. This is true in italy and spain. Level 3 does increase recruitment to 3 units of each troop type so is more worthwhile. Pre -polyibian reforms this was not true and only added one level of renumerated spearman (in italy, cant remember what the case in spain was pre reforms there). I would suggest there should be a more tangible benefit for upgrading the colonies maybe? It does not seem financially worthwhile at the moment.
    Native colonies have been completely re-written in the patch. There's a more tangible benefit of upgrading, they go from 6 to 8 to 12 point pools. It does mean there's less in the first tier, but given you don't have to invest anything to get them besides the cost (and the opportunity cost of blocking other types of colonisation), I think that's fair.

  6. #2066

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    will the next version of the mod be an independent installer or a patch for the 2.35 version?

  7. #2067

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Unless something big changes, it'll be a patch over 2.35.

  8. #2068
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    will the next version of the mod be an independent installer or a patch for the 2.35 version?
    This:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Unless something big changes, it'll be a patch over 2.35.
    Patch over 2.35. Which means if your game is currently installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) the patch probably won't work.

  9. #2069

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    I think either Kardakes need a buff or Parthian spearmen need a debuff. It is kinda awkward to see a unit that is supposed to have such an elan be worse in all ways (including sheer numbers) to the bottom of the barrel that Parthia has to offer, being an overwhelmingly horseman nation. I get that they are still meant to be worse than the Regalin (which I like, as of right now), and the only actual line-holding infantry that you can recruit in Persia proper, but compared to the very decent assault Iranian axemen you get from the area (with decent pools, to top it off), that can also hold a line in virtue of their good morale and attack power, the Kardakes end up pretty faded.

  10. #2070
    Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Antiokheia
    Posts
    3,328

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I can help you. I added some PSFs on my own build some time ago.
    That would definitely be great, thanks. Have you played the Great Conflicts mod?

  11. #2071
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    I think either Kardakes need a buff or Parthian spearmen need a debuff. It is kinda awkward to see a unit that is supposed to have such an elan be worse in all ways (including sheer numbers) to the bottom of the barrel that Parthia has to offer, being an overwhelmingly horseman nation. I get that they are still meant to be worse than the Regalin (which I like, as of right now), and the only actual line-holding infantry that you can recruit in Persia proper, but compared to the very decent assault Iranian axemen you get from the area (with decent pools, to top it off), that can also hold a line in virtue of their good morale and attack power, the Kardakes end up pretty faded.
    Parthian Spearmen have been downgraded in the patch.

  12. #2072

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    It's so good to hear this masterpiece is evolving further

    Is the music changed in any way, or more songs added?

  13. #2073

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    I think it would be extremely helpful to illustrate, on the region description "building", what "Greater Region" it is part of, namely because said regions are referenced in certain traits (like Roman Provincial Governor) and, most importantly, mercenary pools. Knowing which settlements encompass a region and which doesn't on only a look would be extremely helpful. Kinda like the green books from a certain other mod here.

    Furthermore, how about adding some faction-exclusive pools to the mercs? That would be mighty helpful for factions that really need their mercs (namely, Gauls) but have to buy them before an invading army does (least this is the intention).
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; July 10, 2020 at 10:32 PM.

  14. #2074
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    I think it would be extremely helpful to illustrate, on the region description "building", what "Greater Region" it is part of, namely because said regions are referenced in certain traits (like Roman Provincial Governor) and, most importantly, mercenary pools. Knowing which settlements encompass a region and which doesn't on only a look would be extremely helpful. Kinda like the green books from a certain other mod here.
    If someone wants to start writing them up, we could add them. But I'm afraid the team has more than enough to do without adding a labour-intensive task like this to the list. Bearing in mind all those things you mentioned have different groupings.

    Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Furthermore, how about adding some faction-exclusive pools to the mercs? That would be mighty helpful for factions that really need their mercs (namely, Gauls) but have to buy them before an invading army does (least this is the intention).
    Not possible, I'm afraid. The only differentiation the descr_mercenaries allows is by religion (ie culture in our case). That's how we excluded the Rebels from hiring mercs.

  15. #2075

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    I think it shouldn't be changed anyway. Bands of armed men tend to need something to do and if you're not paying them they'll flock to your foes.
    ORANGE MAN BAD

  16. #2076

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Not possible, I'm afraid. The only differentiation the descr_mercenaries allows is by religion (ie culture in our case). That's how we excluded the Rebels from hiring mercs.
    Not really, event triggers and crusading function are also allowed.

  17. #2077
    Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    48,419
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    You can use event triggers to enable mercenaries, unfortunately once enabled that way they can't be disabled by resetting the counter (unlike in EDB or script), unlike the crusading trigger.




  18. #2078
    Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Antiokheia
    Posts
    3,328

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Not really, event triggers and crusading function are also allowed.
    Do you mean particular bands of mercenaries like the Catalans? Not that I recall anything from the original media game, just assumed they must of featured

  19. #2079
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Not really, event triggers and crusading function are also allowed.
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant the only faction-like differentiation is by religion.

    Indeed, there are other types available, we used date-triggers extensively.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •