Page 38 of 127 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647486388 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

i have been reading Fanula Papazoglu "Tribes of interior of Balkan Peninsula in times before roman conquest" , Interesting book concerning Triballi, Autariati, Dardanoi, Scordisci and Moesi. There is a nice description of few things we know of their armies.

Scordisci were famous for their cavalry; huge Scordisci army made entirely of horseman fought with Romans near Argo in Macedonia in 119. BC.

Dardanians were real thing; their armies were made entirely of disciplined heavy infantry fighting in close order; this is the weakness Macedonians used to defeat them, using light infantry and cavalry (wich Dardanians did not posses) to harass burdened retiring dardanian troops. Vegetius noted that Macedonians, Greeks and Dardanians used phalanxes.

Tribalians were mostly armed with spears and javelins, Phillip II thigh was pierced with λογχη. Alexanders expedition against Tibalii is described.

Autariati were true mercenaries that fought in army of Lysimach. There is no data of their equipment, but it is noted that they never leave behind their wounded comrades.

Q: I know that there are plans for Triballian unit, but are there more balkan tribes units planned?

More of something that was simply overlooked, but please take off the vanilla m2tw voices for Sweboz and Lugiones, they have been there since the first version of the mod and it completely kills their immersion on the campaign to hear some false german accent on their diplomats, armies, and etc.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    More of something that was simply overlooked, but please take off the vanilla m2tw voices for Sweboz and Lugiones, they have been there since the first version of the mod and it completely kills their immersion on the campaign to hear some false german accent on their diplomats, armies, and etc.
    i think its worse when carthaginian units scream roma victrix

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    i think its worse when carthaginian units scream roma victrix
    YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME, BRO? HUH?

Agreed. They should all be shouting in Punic if anything, although there is no Punic banter. You only hear them speaking Punic when you click on them.

Will be added in future units for Sakas, any reforms and units to Getai/Thraikes? If you can, please detail)Thanks.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

How about we simply delete assassins? Those guys no matter how limited are just freaking annoying. I think i never ever used any only to kill other assassins who annoy me all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Vledis2 View Post
    Will be added in future units for Sakas, any reforms and units to Getai/Thraikes? If you can, please detail)Thanks.
    More units are due for both, but there's no reforms planned for the Getai.

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    How about we simply delete assassins? Those guys no matter how limited are just freaking annoying. I think i never ever used any only to kill other assassins who annoy me all the time
    You can do that yourself, just comment them out of the market building in the EDB.

Will Sweboz get some heavy unit in the future?

God knows they need it

i just saw the indo-hellenikoi,
    is that the next version will have the indo-saka reform ?

Quote Originally Posted by merzhin View Post
    i just saw the indo-hellenikoi,
    is that the next version will have the indo-saka reform ?
    There's no Indo-Saka reform; however there is a Mauryan military reform for Taksashila (already in the game) which changes chariot archers for lancers and enables the two upper tiers of the Yavana Guild building, where they can recruit Indo-Hellenikoi. It will also bring in armoured horse archers for Taksashila, when that unit is done.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Buildings' income/expanse should be clear. It says Income(+) or Expanse(+-): +-400. What should I understand from it? I suggest:

1. Add income or upkeep of the building at the end of its name. Example: FANVM MINERVAE (HOLY SITE OF MINERVA -50)
    or
    2. Add it to top of the building's description text.

I prefer the first one.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Libertus

+- means upkeep and the last sign counts so it's -400

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Buildings' income/expanse should be clear. It says Income(+) or Expanse(+-): +-400. What should I understand from it? I suggest:

1. Add income or upkeep of the building at the end of its name. Example: FANVM MINERVAE (HOLY SITE OF MINERVA -50)
    or
    2. Add it to top of the building's description text.

I prefer the first one.
    Building labels are already too long, in featuring both native name and translated English name. I wouldn't like to clutter them further by adding numbers; the description is now pretty clear what's income and what isn't.

Sorry, but going through every single building description (many have faction-specific ones) and editing in the income, which might change, is a non-starter.

Suggestion: Set the cost of the first level of factional government to 0, it helps small factions (those start with a camp) to repay their debt. Saka for example, needs the extra income from the tribute badly. The money looted from a conquered settlement is enough for the 1000ish cost of the 1st level government, but that money is used to repay the debt immediately and there's no place to take a loan.

Also, by setting its cost to 0, AI might build less Allied government.

What do you thing about opening brand new thread, for use of posting interesting savegame files? I am currently playing hotseat campaign (turn 100) with occasionally using control f_xyz cheat to take control of faction in troubles. My goal is to reach quite historical borders and post savegame files for polybian and marian reforms, and maybe some other event, like punic wars, cimbri invasion or mithridates-type conflict.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

I don't know if it is possible but here is my suggestion about surrender time of sieges:
    (Might be it is possible with scripts? I hope)

- Define some cities such as Carthage and Athens as port cities by adding a building or something else which the script can use of.
    - If a port city is under siege, its sea trade will continue and surrender time will stay constant.
    - When its port is also blocked surrender time will begin to count.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

As far as I'm aware, core siege mechanics are hardcoded.

I think I've found an error - there's a settlement called "Kalisia" in Lugiones territory and I think it's based on ancient Calisia = modern Polish city of Kalisz assumption. It's probably because Kalisz's latin name used since medieval times was exactly the same - Calisia. There were even celebrations of "2000 years of the city of Kalisz" but recently historians tend to dismiss this theory and it seems that ancient Calisia is not even located in Polish lands at all and that's just an interesting coincidence these two settlements used the same name.

What about some campaign AI mod? I'm being attacked by some petty armies and fleets, signing peace with them (which they are extremely happy to sign) only to be attacked by them again in the next turn (and they happily accept peace proposal next turn) and so on... My longest streak had about 6 such micro-wars in a row.

EDIT: Ok, I have to quit. First Pergamon suddenly decided to attacke me (Rome) and sent one puny fleet to blockade me in Sicily. I had a diplomat in Pergamon so I asked for peace. They decided my offer was very generous and "happily accepted" it. Next turn they declared war on me and blockaded the same port again. So I signed a peace again (it was a "very generous offer" too which was happily accepted by them). And yet they did the same thing on the next turn. And so on... after abot 6th such micro-war they finally gave up. It was ok until now... Carthage landed in Sardinia. And they do exactly the same thing - declare war, accept peace, declare war on the next turn, immediately accept peace (very generous offer, happily accepted etc. each time), declare war on the next turn, accept peace, declare war next turn... It's about tenth turn after the first declaration of war, they are doing it every turn, and in their last turn they did it again. I'm not against AI declaring wars, but this is ridiculous. Maybe some new campaign AI like those used in Stainless Steel mod would help?
    Last edited by Aquila SPQR; July 09, 2016 at 01:10 PM.