Page 81 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3156717273747576777879808182838485868788899091106 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Heh, yeah its not to sound rude to the new voice actor, its just that we are so used to the HOPLITAI HAPLOI, PHALANGITAI and SOMATOPHYLAKES STRATEGOU, the first impression i got when i got to play EB 1 back then, was "man, these greeks and macedonians dont sound puny at all, they sound like some badass motherers" Made me start appreciating them way more, even outside of EB, lol

I do miss them in this version.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I have not played EB1 for long, so I can't compare the greek voices from then and the current ones.

I noticed there is a difference btw the greek voices as Ptolemics and as KH. I'd say the Ptolemaics have a poorer recording (tin can) but there's some emotion into it. The KH (so far, new campaign), sound clearer, yet quite neutral, almost without emotion. I'm no pro at all. So I can't say...

I do LOVE the fact there is greek in the game. Has there been an effort put into having Greek divided into different dialekts and accents ? I would suppose the Greek spoken by Makedon colonists in Egypt would be quite different from the one in Attike. Right ?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by JC_von_Preussen View Post
    I have not played EB1 for long, so I can't compare the greek voices from then and the current ones.

I noticed there is a difference btw the greek voices as Ptolemics and as KH. I'd say the Ptolemaics have a poorer recording (tin can) but there's some emotion into it. The KH (so far, new campaign), sound clearer, yet quite neutral, almost without emotion. I'm no pro at all. So I can't say...

I do LOVE the fact there is greek in the game. Has there been an effort put into having Greek divided into different dialekts and accents ? I would suppose the Greek spoken by Makedon colonists in Egypt would be quite different from the one in Attike. Right ?
    The changes are a lot more recent than that. Are you a new player? The voice acting I'm talking about, although originally from EBI, was in EBII as recently as version 2.3 and we are now at v. 2.35. Some original stuff is actually still there, for instance, the Molosson Agema cavalry still sound the same as in the last version (thank God), but other units not so much. Basically all the Illyrian units now have voice commands, and they all unfortunately have that terrible audio quality with the mediocre voice acting.

Thureopherontes Hippeis - could you give those guys proper spears and tweak their helmets a bit? They deserve it
    The mailed Thorakitai, Thorakitai Epilektoi and other units that use the same torso model - could the belt be changed? It looks very rough and simple compared to the unit.
    Last edited by Rad; January 12, 2019 at 04:19 PM.

I do have an suggestion to make the late game more interesting for the "barbarian" factions, inspired by the Lugian "Celtic Overlord" concept:
    A new government called Gallic/Lusitanian/Celtiberian/Germanic Overlord that could be used on provinces outside of the traditional sphere of influence of these factions and would allow some conversion, slow recruitment of factional elites and professionals/mercs (starting with very slow refresh and increasing a but after the culture assimilation), some locals with the drawback of causing hight unrest.
    This could be used to.simulate the establishment of a small ruling elite over an hostile native population and would allow barbarian factions to recruit some of their iconic units away from their homeland.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; January 15, 2019 at 02:11 PM.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Thorakitai Epilektoi
    Thorakitai Epilektoi are still using a placeholder model so this appereance is not final.

I don't know of it is possible but can you make basilike patris available in the three Hellenic capitals to be built without script?Alexandreia, Seleukeia and Pella?
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Thorakitai Epilektoi are still using a placeholder model so this appereance is not final.
    I'm definitely going to pee or poo my pants when I finally see the finished model for Thorakitai Epilektoi. Might need an adult diaper from that point forward. It gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    The belt remains.
    I know that the Epilektoi aren't final, but the stuff I point out has a bad habbit of festering into other units
    Last edited by Rad; January 17, 2019 at 10:51 AM.

Is the Indian Unit roster really complete?

I don't expect the Indians to match the heavy infantry and cavalry of Greeks but current roster doesn't exactly match the advances the Indian military made in terms of armor and weapons duting Asoka's reign. The only native elite unit they have are chariots

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Is the Indian Unit roster really complete?

I don't expect the Indians to match the heavy infantry and cavalry of Greeks but current roster doesn't exactly match the advances the Indian military made in terms of armor and weapons duting Asoka's reign. The only native elite unit they have are chariots
    They still have a few units to go, there's some mercenary infantry and Indo-Sakan cavalry. Indo-Greeks are the heaviest native units.

They have lancers as well, though they replace the chariots.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    They still have a few units to go, there's some mercenary infantry and Indo-Sakan cavalry. Indo-Greeks are the heaviest native units.

They have lancers as well, though they replace the chariots.
    Those Indo-Greeks aren't exactly "native" in the strictest terms. They are basically Iranians and other native people influenced by Hellenic military tactics and arms.

I meant by actual native Indians. Besides the Indian Macemen, the Indian Bodyguards and the Chariots, are these the only native Indians with armor? Are the Indian Guild Warriors from EB1 still in concept or are they just fantasy units?

The EB1 units are fantasy, we already have the guild units in the urban roster - Macemen, Spearmen and Archers.

By the way, Quintus - I maxed out another war temple.
    The extra +1 exp bonus to cavalry from it works just fine. It just doesn't stack with other cavalry exp boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    By the way, Quintus - I maxed out another war temple.
    The extra +1 exp bonus to cavalry from it works just fine. It just doesn't stack with other cavalry exp boosts.
    About temples, are you planning to revise them? Because currently I have some doubts about their balance, I think governor is much better than the others, followed by fertility, that is not different enough from farming (at least for barbarians), while battle, happiness and forge seems inferior choices (again, especially for barbarians). TBH, I extensively modded them in my installation. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aper View Post
    About temples, are you planning to revise them? Because currently I have some doubts about their balance, I think governor is much better than the others, followed by fertility, that is not different enough from farming (at least for barbarians), while battle, happiness and forge seems inferior choices (again, especially for barbarians). TBH, I extensively modded them in my installation. Any thoughts?
    Not really; we're limited by the small number of relevant capabilities that buildings have.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Not really; we're limited by the small number of relevant capabilities that buildings have.
    I understand, but what I meant is that each temple tier bonus need a rebalance. For example IIRC (I didn't keep a backup of the original files ) the tier 4 of the FUN temple due to the law malus actually grant a smaller net public order bonus than the other temples, plus the corruption increase; and the smaller upkeep cost doesn't make much sense IMHO, it would be better tied to a more management focused temple, or I'm wrong?

Since this thread is meant to contain suggestions, I suggest the changes I made in my files : the general guidelines are slower happiness bonus progression but increased unique benefits.

TEMPLE OF BATTLE: +1 exp is too weak, I would never build them in vanilla EBII, removed cavalry exp bonus because doesn't make much sense for infantry based factions.
    BATTLE TIER 3: HAPPINESS +2, +1 EXP
    BATTLE TIER 4: HAPPINESS +2, +2 EXP
    BATTLE TIER 5: HAPPINESS +3, +3 EXP

TEMPLE OF FARMING: I see this priests as really good at managing local economy, so increased farming level and reduced upkeep costs. Removed pop increase because it robs fertility temple of its uniqueness. Good for smaller and more isolated factions that need cash.
    FARMING TIER 3: HAPPINESS +2, +1 FARM, 100 UPKEEP
    FARMING TIER 4: HAPPINESS +2, +2 FARM, 100 UPKEEP
    FARMING TIER 5: HAPPINESS +3, +3 FARM, 150 UPKEEP

TEMPLE OF FERTILITY: focused on pop growth
    FERTILITY TIER 3: HAPPINESS +2, +1 POP GROWTH
    FERTILITY TIER 4: HAPPINESS +2, +2 POP GROWTH
    FERTILITY TIER 5: HAPPINESS +3, +3 POP GROWTH

TEMPLE OF FORGE: this is very tricky, because you put very different deities here, and what makes sense for one doesn't for others. In the end I just stole the construction time bonus from governor temples and put it here, rebalancing it to have a real effect on most buildings. It makes somewhat sense and make the temple worth of its price.
    FORGE TIER 3: HAPPINESS +2, CONSTR TIME -20%
    FORGE TIER 4: HAPPINESS +2, CONSTR TIME -25%, RETRAIN BONUS 1
    FORGE TIER 5: HAPPINESS +3, CONSTR TIME -35%, RETRAIN BONUS 2

TEMPLE OF FUN: focused on, duh, fun. Big happiness bonus, good for troublesome regions.
    FUN TIER 3: HAPPINESS +3
    FUN TIER 4: HAPPINESS +4
    FUN TIER 5: HAPPINESS +5

TEMPLE OF GOVERNORS: this temple reduce corruption and promotes trade, emphasizing the "lawgiver" aspect of divinity. Stern justice reduce happiness, though (PO net bonus at each tier is the same of most other temples anyway). Good for big sprawling factions.
    GOVERNORS TIER 3: LAW +3, HAPPINESS -1
    GOVERNORS TIER 4: LAW +4, HAPPINESS -2, REMOVED TRADE MALUS
    GOVERNORS TIER 5: LAW +5, HAPPINESS -2, REMOVED TRADE MALUS

That's it, I hope it was worth of your reading time.

TL; DR: please make temples more balanced to each other at each tier, and make their bonuses more relevant.
    Last edited by Aper; January 19, 2019 at 04:12 AM. Reason: mistakes

Although I support the increase of the number of available +EXP bonuses, I do not think that tying them to the war temple building is the way to go.
    I'd much rather see bigger, better, more organised drilling grounds to do that. Naturally, they should be expensive to maintain.
    From what I can see in my campaign, the AI does build a lot of war temples and drill grounds, so it would positively affect it as well.

As Quintus said, there is a limited number of available effects, so since I wanted to make tier 5 temples more useful (right now in unmodded EBII I would just skip them) I had not many choices but to give their specific bonus a flat increase. Honestly I also wanted to keep things as simple as possible. My biggest concern anyway was to make each tier of any temple equally useful (actually, low tiers of GOVERNORS are still slightly better) but more unique, unlike in unmodded EBII IMHO.

All I am saying is that if you want more effective troops, you train them better. Warmongering only gets you so far. That's why I prefer drill grounds over temples.