Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2676101116117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2526

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    Temples could really use a little rebalance. For example difference between temple of farming and temple of fertility is in most cases none, as most factions do not reach temple level 5
    They make a big difference to the traits acquired by the governor.

Semisalis

I hate to say this cause the mod is awesome but i think that some of the recent changes to roman units are a bit off. While the assets taken from other units are superior to the old ones technically, not all of them are excatly right from an historical point of view. I am talking of hastati/primcipes and equites models wearing oscan triple disk cuirasses, oscan bronze belts and short apron like oscan tunics. those three elements were quintessentially oscan as we know from multiple tomb paintings and seeong them used by romans does not feel right. They look more samnite than roman now. After all no new textures or models are needed but just a different usage of already available assets. Also i think that the new bodyguard unit model, while awesome looking, is better left as an armour upgrade as before since seeing chainmail, gladii and braccae in 272 bc seems is quite out of place. This is an hardcore historical mod afterall.

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

So I do have a few unit suggestions here for the mod team, for units that I think would fit well in EBII:

Sikeloi Levy

Spear Levy of the native Sicilians (Sikeloi). Recruitable in the Syracuse and Messana regions. Appearance wise they probably would have looked a lot like the Akontistai/Toxotai (brimmed hat, toga, barefooted) as they would have been thoroughly Hellenized by 272 BC. Equipped with a dory and a small shield.

Rhodian Slingers

Recruitable in Rhodes. I've read that the Rhodians were known as being some of the best slingers of the eastern Mediterranean at this time in ancient history.

Helleno-Gallic Nobles

A unit comprised of Hellenized Gaulish nobles, fighting in service of Massalia. Recruitable in the Massalia region. Armed with javelins and Gaulish swords. They carry the Celtic ''thureos'' style shield, and wear the Greek hoplite breastplate. They march and fight in a disciplined formation, while maintaining all of the bravery and courage of their ''barbaric'' cousins to the north.

Proto-Finnic Archer Spearmen

Recruitable in the Scandinavia and Estonia regions, possibly as mercenaries. Armed with bows and spears. They should have very good stamina, and should get a bonus when fighting in forest or in snow.

Cheers

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Don't know how easy it would be to justify Sikeloi, just as we didn't make Mysians as a separate unit, rather than just using Hellenic ones.

The Rhodioi Apabatoi were considered, but ultimately rejected - they're basically marines who fought aboard ships, rather than a land-based unit.

Whilst I loved the Celtohellenikoi from EB1, they were rejected as lacking sufficient evidence to make a distinct unit. And Massalia was less Hellenised that you might think, Greekness didn't really extend much beyond the khora of the city itself. The Celts were happy to take wine, oil and pottery from Greek traders, but that didn't mean they wanted to be Greek.

As for the Proto-Finnic Archer-Spearman - watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    As for the Proto-Finnic Archer-Spearman - watch this space.
    Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Whilst I loved the Celtohellenikoi from EB1, they were rejected as lacking sufficient evidence to make a distinct unit. And Massalia was less Hellenised that you might think, Greekness didn't really extend much beyond the khora of the city itself. The Celts were happy to take wine, oil and pottery from Greek traders, but that didn't mean they wanted to be Greek.
    How extensive was the trade happening between the Greeks and the Celts in and around the polis of Massalia? Any evidence of the Massalian Greeks acquiring and using Celtic weapons and armour?

If so, I do have a couple more unit ideas:

Massalia Peltastai

Massalian Infantry (recruitable in Massalia, available in 272 BC). Armed with javelins and a dory spear for melee. Carry the Celtic “thureos” shield and wear Gallic made chainmail armour.

Massalia Kladiophoroi

Massalian Sword Cavalry (recruitable in Massalia, probably shouldn’t be available until after 200 BC or so). As the Roman Republic began to rise and the Greek states began to decline, Greek armies would start adopting non-Greek military gear and traditions more readily and liberally. The Massalian Kladiophoroi are mounted soldiers who use the Kladios (Gallic longsword), which they have acquired through trade. It is an excellent weapon for use on horseback. They carry thureos shields, and wear Gallic made chainmail armour for protection.

Just ideas though
    Last edited by Pazu the Kitsune; January 24, 2024 at 12:43 PM.

If it has not already been considered, I would love to see a new Roman reform in about 40-50 BC that to become to become more imperial like during the Augustan era. Maybe this would mean being able to recruit native auxiliaries in local provinces or the Roman army getting to recruit Imperial legionaries that are now professional soldiers as well as the Praetorian Guard in the city of Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by AuctionedMeteor View Post
    If it has not already been considered, I would love to see a new Roman reform in about 40-50 BC that to become to become more imperial like during the Augustan era. Maybe this would mean being able to recruit native auxiliaries in local provinces or the Roman army getting to recruit Imperial legionaries that are now professional soldiers as well as the Praetorian Guard in the city of Rome.
    The Marian reform already allows recruitment of auxiliaries via the Provinciae government. And the only new unit coming with the Augustan reform is the Praetorian Cohors.

Senator

Imperial legionaries
    It takes 500 turns to even get to the Marian reforms.I don't get why some people care so much about the Augustan reform and a unit that would just be a rehash of the cohors reformata .It's not like they are going to spend a lot of time playing with those units anyway,even if they were to be added.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    It takes 500 turns to even get to the Marian reforms.I don't get why some people care so much about the Augustan reform and a unit that would just be a rehash of the cohors reformata .It's not like they are going to spend a lot of time playing with those units anyway,even if they were to be added.
    I do concur.
    JoC

Any chance that we could get a 2 turns/year campaign option in v2.5? I'm not a major fan of the Roman Empire, but if I was (and I know that a lot of Total War fans are), then the fact that the Marian reforms (which give the player access to the iconic Roman legionnaires) won't occur until at least turn 500 would be frustrating. By turn 500 a player could easily have conquered most of the entire EBII map. Personally I don't think I've ever played a campaign as any one faction for more than 300 turns. In a 2 turns/year campaign, however, the Marian reforms could occur on turn 250, which is much more reasonable in my opinion.

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu the Kitsune View Post
    Any chance that we could get a 2 turns/year campaign option in v2.5? I'm not a major fan of the Roman Empire, but if I was (and I know that a lot of Total War fans are), then the fact that the Marian reforms (which give the player access to the iconic Roman legionnaires) won't occur until at least turn 500 would be frustrating. By turn 500 a player could easily have conquered most of the entire EBII map. Personally I don't think I've ever played a campaign as any one faction for more than 300 turns. In a 2 turns/year campaign, however, the Marian reforms could occur on turn 250, which is much more reasonable in my opinion.

Just a thought
    From the team? No. That's a huge amount of work to alter scripts and traits, many of which are time-based.

If someone wanted to work on it as a sub-mod, by all means go ahead.

I would suggest that the Nabatean Hetairoi be a lancer unit or maybe a mounted AP unit with maces and axes.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; February 06, 2024 at 03:53 PM.

[deleted]
    Last edited by Ivir Baggins; February 11, 2024 at 06:32 AM.

Default Flaming Arrows

i just realised that every siege defence ends the same predictable way - waiting for a battering ram to smash gate. and there is nothing a player can do to change this outcome. with flaming arrows you'd get a chance to alter that and burn the damn thing down (and possibly the towers too). otherwise it is same old gameplay loop every single siege. i know all the arguments for why flaming arrows been removed, but given the situation described above, i think it is reasonable to bring them back, if not for the most basic toxotai then at least for higher tiers and the eastern archers. this would diversify and spice up things both gameplay wise but also visually, so that the flames are featured in the sieges again as they were historically where each side tried to burn the others engines and fortifications, something that is totally missing at the moment.

in the meantime, if anyone could be kind enough to give some pointers as to what files need to be altered to reintroduce flaming arrows that would be much appreciated (havent modded the game in ages and cant recall off the top of my head).

thanks for reading

Guys, will there be a fix for British Chariots? The drivers are no longer standing on the axle pole or their horses' backs...they're floating in the air meters above their steeds.

can PSFs be brought back please? Tsardoms solved the issue of AI obssession with them and they adds gameplay options but also realism and historicity that is a must for any historical mod (as opposed to unrealistic one town provinces). anyways, some of my dwellings on it here: https://youtu.be/hB7FRjp4ivI?si=OozF6Aj9KydwNkxb&t=1270

I doubt forts will come back as they are all now allocated to represent the various 'wonders' such as the Colossus of Rhodes, pyramids, lighthouse of Alexandria, etc.

Is there a reason why the Nabateans are the only faction with the Arid Nomadism culture? I feel like the Sabai and the Numidians should also have that, instead of the cultures they have currently.

Also, is it possible to create a scripted event that would cause a faction to change its culture? I do have a few ideas for how that could be implemented if so

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu the Kitsune View Post
    Is there a reason why the Nabateans are the only faction with the Arid Nomadism culture? I feel like the Sabai and the Numidians should also have that, instead of the cultures they have currently.

Also, is it possible to create a scripted event that would cause a faction to change its culture? I do have a few ideas for how that could be implemented if so
    I can't speak to the Numidians, but the Saba aren't nomads. Highly urbanized, can't even convert camps per the EDB.

But as far as scripted culture changes, yes you could do "set_religion f_[faction] rel_[x]" i.e. "set_religion f_hayasdan rel_c" for Hayasdan's Eastern Imperial reform. Several factions have such reforms (Pahlava, Saka, Hayasdan, Pontos, Nabatu, I think Saba & Massylii, probably another I'm forgetting). I would look at the various reform sections in the campaign script for an idea of how to write the monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardarvar View Post
    I can't speak to the Numidians, but the Saba aren't nomads. Highly urbanized, can't even convert camps per the EDB.

But as far as scripted culture changes, yes you could do "set_religion f_[faction] rel_[x]" i.e. "set_religion f_hayasdan rel_c" for Hayasdan's Eastern Imperial reform. Several factions have such reforms (Pahlava, Saka, Hayasdan, Pontos, Nabatu, I think Saba & Massylii, probably another I'm forgetting). I would look at the various reform sections in the campaign script for an idea of how to write the monitors.
    Nice ^^

In that case, the suggestion that I'd make is to give a potential culture change scripted event to the Arevaci and/or the Lusitani, which would trigger around the year 250 BC (with the rise of Carthaginian influence and military presence in Iberia). Essentially the player would be forced to choose whether they want their government to promote the adoption of Iberian and Carthaginian culture (which would change their culture to Western Mediterranean Polities, give them increased access to Iberian units, but also spawn a full sized Celtic rebel army), or whether they'd like to retain their previous cultural norms (which might harm their diplomatic relations with Carthage). Choosing the second option would, however, cause another scripted event later on in the campaign which would allow the player to have increased access to Celtic units.
    Last edited by Pazu the Kitsune; March 15, 2024 at 10:25 AM.