Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 217196111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2525

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Hi, I don't know if someone else mentioned it but the Thureophoroi and Machairophoroi's sword's sheath are not 3D objects. Seems a small detail for most maybe, but I play EB2 for a big part to look at those gorgeous 3d models of this historical period.

I noticed that only Celtic faction infantry units use sound to signal movement of troops. The Carnyx was used to increase the noise and confusion in the battlefield not to exactly signal troop movement but that's just nitpicking. My main issue with this is that the Celts are the only one that use instruments in the mod. In real life, pretty much every army used some sort of instrument to either signal orders or to confuse/scare the enemy. The romans were famous in their use of tubas, cornus and some other instruments to signal tactical and strategic orders. The Hellenic phalanx formation also used horn-like instruments to signal commands. The Parthians used terrifying war drums as they approached the enemy etc. etc. If it's possible, I'd like to see non-Barbarian faction units also using instruments in the future.

Musicians only make sounds if they're the first "officer" in a unit. In many units cases, the captain is first.

You can play with it for yourself in the EDU, use a proper text editor (not Windows Notepad) and swap the order of them to put the musician at the top.

Should the settled farming especially in Egypt to be buffed?

Currently settled farming are weaker than pastoral farming and Ptoleamy despite famous for it's wealth are outmatched by Seleucid in terms of economy(Ptoleamy starts with 3 army and losing 5000 gold while Seleucid starts with 4 army including elephant and gain 50 gold)

It'd be cool to have an elite Parthian Cataphracts (Grivpanvar), and their elongated cone helmets that represent the elite nobility of Parthian society. Seems a shame not to have them, and only the ordinary Cataphracts. Also i'm surprised there isn't a Praetorian unit for Rome, that would also be nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Spatha93 View Post
    Also i'm surprised there isn't a Praetorian unit for Rome, that would also be nice to have.
    There are actually plans for that unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    There are actually plans for that unit.
    Really? I wouldn't expect them to be included, after all they were established as actual unit only during Augustus' reign, few years before EBII ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Really? I wouldn't expect them to be included, after all they were established as actual unit only during Augustus' reign, few years before EBII ends.
    The Praetorian Guard was a fixture of the imperial era, but their origins date back to groups of elite soldiers that protected generals during the Roman Republic.

Some of the nomadic units (Nobles in particular...) could do with a few female models as their presence on the battlefield were attested to to a reasonable extent (Perhaps 1 in 5 models for certain units should represent them nicely....) with their presence obligatory for the Scythians and their existences referenced in perhaps the Sarmatians and Saka elites.

Ex: 3D render of dismounted female Skuda Azdata

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by realm56; January 17, 2022 at 05:56 AM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

We should have a unit for each nomadic faction with axes, bows and furnished with heads of defeated warriors called "true feminists of the past".

Quote Originally Posted by Paerisades View Post
    We should have a unit for each nomadic faction with axes, bows and furnished with heads of defeated warriors called "true feminists of the past".
    We have a thread for this.

Well if you have plans for an elite Roman unit, why not an elite Parthian unit (Grivpanvar) to add some spice and variety to Parthia's roster?

Remove the nomad faction migration mechanic. Great concept but it just doesn't work. Crashes every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by romulus_aeneas View Post
    Remove the nomad faction migration mechanic. Great concept but it just doesn't work. Crashes every single time.
    Did it crash or did it just temporarily freeze? You might be talking about when a nomadic faction loses their last settlement, in which case the game will spend a long but finite time calculating their horde-ing process

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post

You noticed me, senpai! That's all I ask for, the recognition that I deserve as the resident comic here.

Since this is a thread for making serious suggestions, though, might I proffer a new one: please consider redesigning Hellenistic cities like you guys are already doing for the Carthaginian ones. That would certainly make my day, to see a Greek polis with a fleshed out acropolis filled with minor temples and shrines around a bigger one. That would make my brain explode with joy! The Roman cities look pretty cool, though, so less of a need to touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paerisades View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Since this is a thread for making serious suggestions, though, might I proffer a new one: please consider redesigning Hellenistic cities like you guys are already doing for the Carthaginian ones. That would certainly make my day, to see a Greek polis with a fleshed out acropolis filled with minor temples and shrines around a bigger one. That would make my brain explode with joy! The Roman cities look pretty cool, though, so less of a need to touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    NO WAY! You guys are including that too?

Get hyped everyone! Bust out the hopium once more! I know a hint when I see one! Your emoji gives it all away. Yes! It's happening! These crazy sons of witches (the "Oriental" Ptolemaic kind Octavian warned us about) are actually going to do it! We're gonna see some new settlement models boys! Strap yourselves in, prepare for impact, and have a pack of cigarettes ready afterwards, cuz it's gonna feel good.

Its definately in the works I can tell you all that much
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Do you really think we'd revamp one culture's buildings and leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Do you really think we'd revamp one culture's buildings and leave it at that?
    Yes.

I can't read anyone else's mind through a computer, so I had no idea what you guys were doing, only saw the Carthage town/city model previews, and assumed that was enough on your plate before the next big release. I would have even been content with that because the Carthage models look amazing. I'm just genuinely surprised and overjoyed that you guys are remodeling everything and giving other cultures the attention they deserve too!