Page 100 of 127 FirstFirst ... 507590919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110125 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2521

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

DISCLAIMER: This is not a problem with EB specifically, but I guess its the most popular mod for MTW2 I play that has this problem.

Anyway, Am I the only one who gets exhausted from retraining micro? I swear sometimes I notice that about 30-50% of gameplay I do is just retraining and its logistics, it always reaches a tedium where I downright try to find ways to avoid battles or feel anxiety over a battle(especially battles with smaller ai armies!!!It feels like a huge waste) cause it will ruin my units and I have to retrain all these units all over again. The reason that is tedious is cause so many units in your faction can only be retrained in one or two regions.

Now someone will say that is realistic, well to me its only partially realistic, cause I really doubt that let's say a Ptolomey general in Greece will send an entire unit of Nubians all the way back to Nubia just so they can get 3 guys back, would it rather make sense that he gets his units replenished in his closest major outpost, you Nubians come to them. Ofc I realize its hard to apply realism to rigid unit system in tw, but still.

So I do not know if this is possible in mtw2, but to have buildings that only serve to retrain units, but not to recruit new ones? It feels like the best of both worlds and most sensible option to me.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; March 28, 2020 at 11:30 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

IMO, the best solution to your problem is to remove the retraining possibilities entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've a few other reasons:
    The new recruits should not have the same experience as the veteran soldiers in the units. You cannot make a 120-strength golden-chevron unit out of 10 golden-chevron veterans even though they can teach something the new guys - but this is shown by one bronze-chevron of the merged units.
    Another argument is that the soldiers - even if they're very experienced, ie with golden chevrons - shouldn't live forever but with the M2TW mechanics they do.
    Finally, a player may exploit the mechanics (and I had done it in the past, I admit) by mergings two units in such a way that only a handful is left in one unit - and this handful usually have more chevrons. Then you retrain - and you get golden units soon.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

I never retrain experienced units for the reasons mentioned above by Jurand.

What you can do is recruit local and mercenary units as your auxiliaries when you go in foreign lands. For your factional units or units you really want to use in your army you can train a couple more of them and make them follow your army by putting them in the nearest settlement. After a battle, you can merge the reserve units with your army. That way, your army is always battle ready.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Now someone will say that is realistic, well to me its only partially realistic, cause I really doubt that let's say a Ptolomey general in Greece will send an entire unit of Nubians all the way back to Nubia just so they can get 3 guys back, would it rather make sense that he gets his units replenished in his closest major outpost, you Nubians come to them. Ofc I realize its hard to apply realism to rigid unit system in tw, but still.
    The most realistic way would be to recruit a fresh unit and then send to the stack in the field and merge it. I usually drag a half stack of replacements along with me in mods like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So I do not know if this is possible in mtw2, but to have buildings that only serve to retrain units, but not to recruit new ones? It feels like the best of both worlds and most sensible option to me.
    You don't need a separate building only a separate recruit line. It's been done since the DLCs\campaigns got published via a 0.999 max pool value and a region (hidden resource) condition.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 28, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    IMO, the best solution to your problem is to remove the retraining possibilities entirely.
    I wouldn't remove retraining entirely. I move freshly recruited, fully manned units and retrain them in regions that offer more XP bonuses than the regions they were recruited in. I call it advanced training

It's a good way to standardise the performance of the troops in the army AND to get rid of excess cash since retraining to a higher level of experience costs a lot.
    Last edited by Rad; March 28, 2020 at 04:33 PM.

I rarely retrain, I just keep recruiting from the pools whenever they reach max ("shaving" the pool) and send these troops to a settlement in the frontline. Damaged units get merged with the noobs or substituted if the situation demands. This troop train can be messy to manage sometimes (ships help), but it makes sure you can always have an army with the troops you need at full capacity in the front.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Anyone remember that you can can set automatic routes? Alt+right click to set rally points after selecting a settlement\port? Kinda like 'forwarding' recruited units? Totally love that feature. Recruit in multiple settlements, send them all to one spot close to a conflict zone, merge into a stack.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 29, 2020 at 12:15 AM.

Gig has the solution to avoiding retraining - send reinforcements to merge into depleted units. Give a young FM command of the reinforcements and perhaps let him smash any Rebels he encounters along the way.

Raiding factions - after they grow above the threshold to make money out of raiding, perhaps give the raiding generals a chance to gain Wealthy from the devastation?

Hello EB II devs, as a modder I wish to inform you that the "command" trait for units in the EDU is non-functional and does not actually boost the morale of nearby units. I would consult the Third Age Reforged team to get morale boosting effects that do work instead. Cheers!

Seiker's Avatar Laetus

This is my favorite mod of all Total War games but there is a thing that bugs me.

You need to have
    the highest goverment building to built the best temple building for serveral factions but you can do it with the best allied goverment (that I think is ok), or be Rome and do it even with civitas libera while for example Macedon needs Basiliske Patris or Carthage council administration, I think that Epistateia epi Hellenas for Macedon should be enough, like Allied Capital Polis or Punic Kleruchy por Carthage. And the same for the rest of the factions.

I do wonder...

Would it be possible to scrip the human player Epeiros campaign to autofail if Pyrrhus dies in battle? To have it as an option, at least.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

i mean there's no reason, on this alternate history, why pyrrhus sons wont be able to take control and keep their father's empire. After all, Alexander II of Epirus in fact did manage to retake macedonia and epirus for a brief moment, though he lost it again to Antigonos Gonatas and his son.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Seiker View Post
    This is my favorite mod of all Total War games but there is a thing that bugs me.

You need to have
    the highest goverment building to built the best temple building for serveral factions but you can do it with the best allied goverment (that I think is ok), or be Rome and do it even with civitas libera while for example Macedon needs Basiliske Patris or Carthage council administration, I think that Epistateia epi Hellenas for Macedon should be enough, like Allied Capital Polis or Punic Kleruchy por Carthage. And the same for the rest of the factions.
    Sounds like the Roman governments are too generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    I do wonder...

Would it be possible to scrip the human player Epeiros campaign to autofail if Pyrrhus dies in battle? To have it as an option, at least.
    No, in fact the new Epirote reform gives an alternate path which requires all the Aiakidai to die.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Quintus with the real talk lmao
    So you expect the players to kill off their own faction members?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Quintus with the real talk lmao
    So you expect the players to kill off their own faction members?

I think it means an option of switching to the Epeirote League just like it happened after the dynasty fell in real world.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Epeiros has two reforms, which are exclusive. You could do one, then the other, but if you go for the "alternate" one, you can't go back later. The alternate requires all the starting Aiakides to be dead.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Oh that's very nice considering there is no room for eiher Aitolian or Achaean Leagues
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Epeiros has two reforms, which are exclusive. You could do one, then the other, but if you go for the "alternate" one, you can't go back later. The alternate requires all the starting Aiakides to be dead.
    Only the starting? So basically is a matter of time to fulfill this requiremnt, no need to be gamey and suicide FM. In fact as you say its possible to do the other one and transition to this other one when that happens.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Oh that's very nice considering there is no room for eiher Aitolian or Achaean Leagues
    This brings memories of playing Achean League in RTR-Platinum (or VII?) some 10 years ago. I've learnt then where Philaeia was. And the battles were freaky difficult...