Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3661767778798081828384858687888990919293949596111 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Actually, I'd say that that across the board the old-style units should stay for some time after the reforms (with slower re-fill of recruits).
    I think that no changes were done overnight and for each faction phasing-in new gear should take time
    I don't know, maybe it's already in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Actually, I'd say that that across the board the old-style units should stay for some time after the reforms (with slower re-fill of recruits).
    I think that no changes were done overnight and for each faction phasing-in new gear should take time
    I don't know, maybe it's already in-game?
    Not possible to do that without using different event_counters to switch units off, which would need a wholesale rewrite of thousands of lines of the EDB. As it is, there's a fallow period when the old unit switches off, and the pool for the new one has to be built up.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The Marian era Antesignani elite Roman legionary spearmen are technically considered skirmishers since they can literally be placed in skirmish mode to avoid enemies. However, I think it is odd they are classified this way when they are more akin to medium spearmen like Thureophoroi than the much lighter Velites skirmishers. For that matter, the Antesignani actually have one more armor point than Thureophoroi, or for that matter Ilergetes/Ilergetan infantry from northern Spain/Catalonia, and yet the latter are labeled heavy infantry.

Can someone please address the weird pitch black sky thing I mentioned a few pages back? Basically, the terrain is fully lit up like its noontime, but the sky looks like it's around midnight with enough cloud coverage to block the moonlight and stars. It's just jarring, and anyone who looked at that and thought this was okay should be fired right away from the EBII team, with a loss of pension and everything! Also, are there any future plans to fix the Western Greek city/large city walls so that soldiers don't just sit around waiting for further instructions when they place their siege towers and ladders against them? It's not a critical issue, but it is annoying.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Not possible to do that without using different event_counters to switch units off, which would need a wholesale rewrite of thousands of lines of the EDB. As it is, there's a fallow period when the old unit switches off, and the pool for the new one has to be built up.
    Thanks, QS, for the answer. This is clear now.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Oh, I dare, Rad, I dare!

Read dis and weep, fool:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Don't hold me back, fool, cuz I'm gonna say it and you can't stop it: Vercingetorix was a BLACK MAN! His real name was Vercungabembe! And someone in EB II finally gets it partially right by making Celtic heads black under those helmets, because they was black African. Later Europeans just took over the Celtic identity from the real Celts: the Ethiopians and Nubians. They did it just like the original ancient Shang dynasty Chinese was black but Chinese erased it, the original Olmecs of ancient Mexico was black, the original Babylonians of Mesopotamia was black, Persians of Achaemenid Empire was black, and Phoenician colonists who founded Carthage was blacks, fool!

In all seriousness, though, any glitches or mistakes in the unit textures should be fixed pronto. For the most part I haven't caught any mistakes as of late and every unit I've seen thus far in the latest iteration of 2.35 looks great. The new Skaplinai unit of elite Illyrian slingers, however, seem to have some helmets and shields that are a bit too shiny and glimmering in the sunlight compared to the rest of their bodies. It looks kind of jarring.
    See my post here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15741509

I pointed out some of the most jarring issues some of the new units have.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    See my post here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15741509

I pointed out some of the most jarring issues some of the new units have.
    Excellent work, so +1 rep to you on pointing that out before I did!

I know that I've mentioned this before and even did so today in Rad's new thread, but could someone please consider finally remodeling the Hellenistic Greek standard bearer, to replace the old EBI placeholder guy? It's about time someone did that, seeing how we have a bunch of relatively new neat looking officers/captains for Hellenistic units. I would rep the person who remodeled it too, and rep them again just when they thought I had forgotten to rep them a second time!

I know that I've mentioned this before and even did so today in Rad's new thread, but could someone please consider finally remodeling the Hellenistic Greek standard bearer, to replace the old EBI placeholder guy? It's about time someone did that, seeing how we have a bunch of relatively new neat looking officers/captains for Hellenistic units. I would rep the person who remodeled it too, and rep them again just when they thought I had forgotten to rep them a second time!
    It's on the to-do list.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Seeing that the armor upgrade is working for the Roman BG, I suggest you do the same for the numidian BG, because seeing that chain mail at the beginning seems to be a little bit off.

Also, I would suggest creating an early and late numidian nobles, because besides the armor upgrade, the unit also changes the shields in both size and material (It seems a value of 2 for the shield is insufficient). Since the armor upgrade only affects the armor value, this would be the proper way to better represent the real stats. That or not changing the shield with the armor upgrade.

Salutations EB2 team. I was wondering if there is any scope for creating a future mechanic, where-by you can sack a settlement without it subsequently belonging to your faction. If not, is there a way to credibly role-play this? For example, I'm thinking sack the settlement, destroy some of it buildings and leave it with no garrison. Thank you for any information.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    Salutations EB2 team. I was wondering if there is any scope for creating a future mechanic, where-by you can sack a settlement without it subsequently belonging to your faction. If not, is there a way to credibly role-play this? For example, I'm thinking sack the settlement, destroy some of it buildings and leave it with no garrison. Thank you for any information.
    I second this motion. There are cities that I don't want to keep after I take them, but don't want to lose through revolts. I believe that hording AI factions can choose not to occupy a city. Instead of taking said city, they leave it to the Rebel faction.

It's on the to-do list.
    Awesome! Very happy to hear that.

Also, could you guys maybe tone down the whole Apician Glutton trait that gives the obnoxious "Corpvlentvs" epithet? Seriously, half my generals now have this trait (along with the dreaded embezzler thing that turns public order and revenues to crap). This happens even though I now keep more than half of my family members outside of cities and fighting on the battlefront instead. Where the hell do they have the time to even develop these traits and expensive habits if they campaigning half the time? Why do so many governors even develop it? Shouldn't they be busy governing instead of eating elephant pies all day? I can understand it for family members who linger around settlements too long without even governing them, but governors themselves shouldn't have these traits.

It's really obnoxious considering how you have to keep your faction leader in the capital Roma for him to build his authority points, if he's not directly commanding in battles. I had a literal 10 star faction leader recently, Marcvs Germanicvs, conqueror of Germania (i.e. the Sweboz, although they still exist) who had "seen the elephant" and fought in more than 25 battles. And yet, just a year before he died, the game decided to be glib and giggly as usual, and smack him with the "Corpvlentvs" epithet instead of his righteously deserved Germanicvs one. I was so pissed off about that I decided to punish the game by randomly teleporting a general with a full army to an enemy city, enslaving it, enslaving the enemy army outside it, and destroying every single building inside of it that I could to collect revenue and turn it into a profitless wasteland hellhole for anyone conquering it afterwards.

...in fact, slavery is too good for them after what the game did to my Marcvs Germanicvs. If there was another option called "torture each and every living thing over the corpses of their beloved dead family for days on end as their deceased relatives slowly begin to rot around them and spare only their toddlers so they can immediately become salt mine slaves never allowed out into the sunlight ever again" I would choose that one instead.

Another thing, is there a reason why Rome cannot build a provincial government in Alexandria, only allied democratic/oligarchic governments? Historically, Octavian made the whole of Egypt one big imperial province with an equestrian governor answerable only to him, and didn't allow senators to even step foot there, let alone a Senatorial praetor/propraetor governor. I haven't moved into the rest of Egypt yet, but are the other parts of Egypt the same? Am I seriously unable to build provincial governments there? It just seems odd.

Another thing, is there a reason why Rome cannot build a provincial government in Alexandria, only allied democratic/oligarchic governments? Historically, Octavian made the whole of Egypt one big imperial province with an equestrian governor answerable only to him, and didn't allow senators to even step foot there, let alone a Senatorial praetor/propraetor governor. I haven't moved into the rest of Egypt yet, but are the other parts of Egypt the same? Am I seriously unable to build provincial governments there? It just seems odd.
    Oversight. There's a missing hidden_resource in the list for the building.

Oversight. There's a missing hidden_resource in the list for the building.
    Oh crap! That sucks. At least it will be fixed for the next version of EBII. Does that only apply to Alexandria, though? Or all of Egypt?

Oh crap! That sucks. At least it will be fixed for the next version of EBII. Does that only apply to Alexandria, though? Or all of Egypt?
    All of Egypt. The one missing is the hidden_resource for Egypt.

There are several in game events that take characters on long journeys to far away lands - mercenary service, proxenos missions, visiting the druidic sanctuary etc.
    These are currently simulated by giving the characters in question a huge movement penalty. I do not think that is enough. The characters are still effectively governing the city/region, they just can't move away from the city.
    There should be additional penalties that will further simulate their absence, so:
    a. the game clearly recognises other FMs in the city as the better choice for governorship
    b. nullifies any income/happiness bonus their presence might incur - if there is no second fm to actually govern the city/region

I would suggest to increase the hitbox for cavalry because archers are next to useless against them when they're at the front, archers only do significant damage on the sides.

Because of this, I always use cavalry to deplete their arrows and I usually suffer 4 or 5 casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    There is a script in a submod for TATW that does something that you may like:

Real Alliances by TNZ

Help your ally by recovering lost settlements and get
    rewarded for returning them. Furthermore create your
    own good v.s. evil campaign!

And Resurrect Allied Factions by Baron Samedi
    (concept by Scout of Imladris)

Resurrect defeated allies by holding their starting
    capitals.

How does it work?
    Quote: ''This feature allows you to revive former allies by holding their former capital
    (you also have to keep your own starting capital in possession). If an A.I.
    faction wasn't your ally when it lost all of their settlements, you can't
    resurrect them later in the campaign when you occupy their starting capital.
    * Which factions can you revive?
    All good faction can revive each other and vica versa.
    * What do I have to do to revive a faction?
    Hold your starting capital and conquer the capital of your former ally. Press yes to resurrect your ally when an event pops up. Then use your spawned diplomat to give the settlement to your ally.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-V5-0-RELEASED

I'm actually going to take a look at the campaign script for that submod...

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    There are several in game events that take characters on long journeys to far away lands - mercenary service, proxenos missions, visiting the druidic sanctuary etc.
    These are currently simulated by giving the characters in question a huge movement penalty. I do not think that is enough. The characters are still effectively governing the city/region, they just can't move away from the city.
    There should be additional penalties that will further simulate their absence, so:
    a. the game clearly recognises other FMs in the city as the better choice for governorship
    b. nullifies any income/happiness bonus their presence might incur - if there is no second fm to actually govern the city/region
    bump