Page 92 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4267828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102117 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Yes, it's a good idea.

So, as my previous post was only intended to show more to the EB team about the mecanism of my suggestion, the triggers and the effects of the traits are generic and need to be work.

And it would be fine if some magistracy give more chances to have some traits like good/bad infantry commander and good/bad infantry commander.

In my idea, those military offices could form a military cursus for celtic factions.

So, the young FM could have to ways :
    - a military one (mercenary service and military offices)
    - a civil one :druidic formation and maybe some others offices that could be add :
    o Argentodannos (monetary office)
    o Tax farmer (attested for the aedui for Dumnorix)
    o Uergobretos (but this with an election like in the romans system)

is there any chance that some of the nomad factions will have elongated skull traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Evans View Post
    is there any chance that some of the nomad factions will have elongated skull traits?
    Not sure about traits, but of all our factions, the Saka are the most applicable. Some of the upcoming eastern steppe regional units will have them.

i saw a news story about british celtic shields made out of bark that they have found and it is a unique discovery. will we be seeing any bark shields in any upcoming releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Evans View Post
    i would love to see some factions have times where if certain family members develop rebelious traits and low loyalty and then if the faction leader has low authority and influence it could mean areas where the usurping family members rule and their armies would rebel into somekind of seperate faction within a new rebel faction and that to restore order it would mean a bloody civil war.
    My favorite part of Barbarian Invasion was that some factions had their own unique rebels to simulate this. A civil war mechanism for larger empires, human and AI, could be a major game changer in a campaign

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

You guys need to make it clear that Jewish garrisons built by the Ptolemies double as Strategic Fortifications/Waystations and Garrisons, which is an immensely important building for allowing other construction and recruitment options, and that you can only have one or the other, not both. As Epeiros, I took Damaskos from the Seleucids recently but was scratching my head over why I wasn't able to build the third level Hellenic settler colony building for recruiting my prized and cherished Kataphractoi cavalry. It's because the settlement had one of those dumb Jewish garrisons that don't do anything for my faction. I destroyed it and was immediately able to build strategic fortifications, but it's going to be several years of constructing that, the next level of it, and THEN the third level Hellenic settler colony before I can even begin recruiting Kataphractoi.

So yeah, add a blurb about that somewhere in the description of both strategic fortifications and Jewish garrisons, that you cannot have both and one basically substitutes for the other, and not having strategic fortifications is a huge impediment to better recruitment by other factions that aren't the freaking Ptolemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    You guys need to make it clear that Jewish garrisons built by the Ptolemies double as Strategic Fortifications/Waystations and Garrisons, which is an immensely important building for allowing other construction and recruitment options, and that you can only have one or the other, not both. As Epeiros, I took Damaskos from the Seleucids recently but was scratching my head over why I wasn't able to build the third level Hellenic settler colony building for recruiting my prized and cherished Kataphractoi cavalry. It's because the settlement had one of those dumb Jewish garrisons that don't do anything for my faction. I destroyed it and was immediately able to build strategic fortifications, but it's going to be several years of constructing that, the next level of it, and THEN the third level Hellenic settler colony before I can even begin recruiting Kataphractoi.

So yeah, add a blurb about that somewhere in the description of both strategic fortifications and Jewish garrisons, that you cannot have both and one basically substitutes for the other, and not having strategic fortifications is a huge impediment to better recruitment by other factions that aren't the freaking Ptolemies.
    The requirement is minimum level two; the Jewish Garrison is level three so it shouldn't be a bar at all.

You can't build the helcol_three in Damaskos, only the helcol_ref after the ThorakitaiReform.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 11, 2019 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The requirement is minimum level two; the Jewish Garrison is level three so it shouldn't be a bar at all.

You can't build the helcol_three in Damaskos, only the helcol_ref after the ThorakitaiReform.
    Okay. Could you speak English though, please? I think I get what you're saying now. I can't build the third tier "Hellenistic Colonization" building, but I can build the third tier "Local Military Colonization", the foreign settlers building instead. Looking at the building browser, you are right, I can recruit Kataphractoi from the latter, but it says I can also recruit them from the Helcol_three building, even though I'm not allowed to build it? You shouldn't list any units there for it if I'm not allowed to build it. That's obnoxiously misleading, especially since the Seleucids already built a "Helcol_two" second-level Hellenistic colonization building. I shouldn't have to bulldoze that and then build twenty thousand other buildings just to get one Kataphractoi recruitment option. Maybe make that a little easier considering the silly setup you've created here. I'm an experienced player and even I was scratching my head over this.

Okay. Could you speak English though, please? I think I get what you're saying now. I can't build the third tier "Hellenistic Colonization" building, but I can build the third tier "Local Military Colonization", the foreign settlers building instead. Looking at the building browser, you are right, I can recruit Kataphractoi from the latter, but it says I can also recruit them from the Helcol_three building, even though I'm not allowed to build it? You shouldn't list any units there for it if I'm not allowed to build it. That's obnoxiously misleading, especially since the Seleucids already built a "Helcol_two" second-level Hellenistic colonization building. I shouldn't have to bulldoze that and then build twenty thousand other buildings just to get one Kataphractoi recruitment option. Maybe make that a little easier considering the silly setup you've created here. I'm an experienced player and even I was scratching my head over this.
    No, you can't build the third tier of Hellenistic Colony in Damaskos, only the (fourth tier) Reformed Hellenistic Colony - and only after 222BC.

You don't have to bulldoze anything, just wait.

No, you can't build the third tier of Hellenistic Colony in Damaskos, only the (fourth tier) Reformed Hellenistic Colony - and only after 222BC.

You don't have to bulldoze anything, just wait.
    It feels strange to say this to you, but you're wrong! All of this was going on after I already achieved the Thorakitai reforms. It's already 212 BC in the game. I took Damaskos in like 216 or 215 BC, and I was already recruiting Thorakitai and have been able to build the fourth tier Reformed Hellenistic Colonies elsewhere (even though I choose not to because screw them, I want my regular phalangitai). As far as I can tell, I can only build the Local Military Colonization buildings to get Kataphractoi here, because it wasn't even allowing me to build anything beyond the second tier of the Hellenistic colonization, Helcol_two as you would call it. AND YES, THAT WAS BACK BEFORE I BULLDOZED THE JEWISH GARRISON.

On turn 343 I am feeling worn out on my Rome campaign. 160 turns to go until Marian reforms...zzzz. I may be merely inbetween a blitzing player seeking to conquer everything ASAP and a patient one willing to see all 1000+ turns to the end, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I hope something changes to make the wait for Marian reforms and Cursus Honorum a bit more bearable (especially considering you do need to indulge in it to achieve the reforms without the auto-fallback - you need a Consul at least!)

It feels strange to say this to you, but you're wrong! All of this was going on after I already achieved the Thorakitai reforms. It's already 212 BC in the game. I took Damaskos in like 216 or 215 BC, and I was already recruiting Thorakitai and have been able to build the fourth tier Reformed Hellenistic Colonies elsewhere (even though I choose not to because screw them, I want my regular phalangitai). As far as I can tell, I can only build the Local Military Colonization buildings to get Kataphractoi here, because it wasn't even allowing me to build anything beyond the second tier of the Hellenistic colonization, Helcol_two as you would call it. AND YES, THAT WAS BACK BEFORE I BULLDOZED THE JEWISH GARRISON.
    What government do you have in Damaskos? What's the level of Hellenistic Polities?

The upgrade path concerned is this one:

Code:
    helcol_ref requires factions { f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_pergamon, f_pontos, cul_3, } and hidden_resource eastern and not hidden_resource arabian and not hidden_resource baktria and not hidden_resource daha and not hidden_resource satrapy and building_present_min_level govmakedonia makedonia6 or building_present_min_level govepeiros epeiros6 or building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid5 or building_present_min_level govptolemaioi ptolemaioi6 or building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria5 or building_present_min_level govpontos pontos5 or building_present_min_level govpergamon pergamon6 or building_present_min_level govbospor bospparadyn ; Eastern - not Satrapies
    Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    On turn 343 I am feeling worn out on my Rome campaign. 160 turns to go until Marian reforms...zzzz. I may be merely inbetween a blitzing player seeking to conquer everything ASAP and a patient one willing to see all 1000+ turns to the end, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I hope something changes to make the wait for Marian reforms and Cursus Honorum a bit more bearable (especially considering you do need to indulge in it to achieve the reforms without the auto-fallback - you need a Consul at least!)
    Make changes of your own. Create your own mini-reform, where you might stop recruiting Hastati for your main armies, relegating them to garrison units. Later on, you could do the same with Triarii.

Or better still, tinker with your neighbouring powers without conquering them. Send out your agents to interfere with them and launch military campaigns to preserve a balance of power where no one of them can rise to dominance.

What government do you have in Damaskos? What's the level of Hellenistic Polities?
    I have a supervised Hellenic administration, a second-tier Hellenistic polis (built by the Seleucids before I got there), and the provincial culture has over 60% Hellenistic polities. That's well over the 45% mark and it was above 50% when I initially took the settlement, for that matter.

I am not really a fan of artificially restraining myself from using units for sake of realism. It is just too difficult for me to impose a natural challenge. Now, messing with other factions, that sounds plausible, although pretty much every surrounding power has either shown hostility by attacking me or is too small to tinker with, or both at the same time. Except maybe Ptolemaioi, but they aren't nearby and they just keep attacking me. But I hope in the future seeing more things like the Numidian ally trade-off script in this regard, that sounds very interesting.

I have a supervised Hellenic administration, a second-tier Hellenistic polis (built by the Seleucids before I got there), and the provincial culture has over 60% Hellenistic polities. That's well over the 45% mark and it was above 50% when I initially took the settlement, for that matter.
    These are the other requirements for the Reformed Colony:

Code:
    and building_present_min_level roads_garrison roads_garrison_two and building_present amphitheatres and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms land_reform1 and not building_present govallied and not building_present govslave and not building_present colony_eastern and not building_present colony_phoenician and region_religion rel_h 40 and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and event_counter ecMakedoniaColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecEpeirosColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecSeleukidColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecPtolemaioiColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecBaktriaColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecPontosColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecPergamonColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecBosporanColonistsOn 1
    Do you have the requisite level of farms (Land Reform) present?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 14, 2019 at 10:23 AM.

These are the other requirements for the Reformed Colony:

Code:
    and building_present_min_level roads_garrison roads_garrison_two and building_present amphitheatres and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms land_reform1 and not building_present govallied and not building_present govslave and not building_present colony_eastern and not building_present colony_phoenician and region_religion rel_h 40 and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and event_counter ecMakedoniaColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecEpeirosColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecSeleukidColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecPtolemaioiColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecBaktriaColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecPontosColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecPergamonColonistsOn 1 or event_counter ecBosporanColonistsOn 1
    Do you have the requisite level of farms (Land Reform) present?
    Sorry for the delay! I've been busy with friends & family all weekend and haven't had a chance to sit down for a proper response. I definitely have the field of games that the Seleucids built and they also built "Chomata" Irrigation level farms. I suppose that's not the "land reform" level...which I think is the one where the small landowners come back to their properties and the big landed aristocrats are weakened/curtailed a bit to improve public order, right? It definitely doesn't have that, but I'm satisfied regardless because in a few turns I'll have the Kataphractoi anyway, via the third tier Local Military Colonization building for recruiting locals/natives and non-Greeks.

I didn't realize you had to build a certain level of farms, because it's not listed in the requirements when you hover the mouse over the third level Hellenic Military Colonization building option in the building browser. It just mentions the field of games, the strategic fortifications, and the prerequisite 45% Hellenistic polities conversion rate.

It's not a requirement for the third level, only the fourth (Reformed).

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    So, it means that the view of an arverni tradition for the royalty not that much unbreakable.
    So yes, you were right for this, as Poseidonios (History, XXIII, in Athénée) said that Luernios, the father of Bituitos, had to make an electoral campaign to get the votes of the population. At the second century BC, the arvern royalty wasn't so unbreakable.

So we can imagine a mecanism with which the aruernoi or/and the aedui factions could be olygarchic states or monarchic states, with some buildings slot (as Lusitanio said in another thread that there could be other buildings).

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    So yes, you were right for this, as Poseidonios (History, XXIII, in Athénée) said that Luernios, the father of Bituitos, had to make an electoral campaign to get the votes of the population. At the second century BC, the arvern royalty wasn't so unbreakable.

So we can imagine a mecanism with which the aruernoi or/and the aedui factions could be olygarchic states or monarchic states, with some buildings slot (as Lusitanio said in another thread that there could be other buildings).
    Perhaps with an electable king, as with the Romans.

With a king treat that could be gain with some trigger like feast organizer (like Luernios), and that could be lose in case of crushing defeat of the king (like Bituitos).