Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by madmatg View Post
    Would it be possible to set the difficult level on the strategy map to make the difficulty level correspond to amount of realism instead of purely difficulty or is it hard coded?

For instance: normal could be equal to "realistic settings" with diplomacy following the time periods real diplomacy and factions being open to leave treaties and alliances.

Then very hard could be something more like what I see now where all factions are basically against me and is less realistic but more challenging
    Try new CAI.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

My suggestion is actually different from others:

The EB team has made recently a very good move of hiring a secretery, it will definitely make the contact with fans easier. But I believe there is another position that should be created and manned and this is:

A RECRUITER - a person (or best 2 or 3 persons) that will post from time to time on every: 1. mod-related, 2. history-related 3. total-war related 4. skinning and modelling-related 5. histrorical paintings-related website. I mean like really from time to time which means regulary. I believe that only in this way enough volunteers may be found to still polish this beautiful mod. Maybe actions like this are already undertaken by the team, I do not know, but regular search on numerous Internet forums and websites just have to end with finding of dedicated modders. Not all people visit org and tw. Maybe there are people out there who would make a great contribution but do not even know yet that the EB exists? Maybe the posts that have already been posted are too old for people to notice? In other words it would be great if EB team team created a small unit just for recruting purposes and let them work for 3 or 4 months - I believe the results would be great.
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Darkan's Avatar Senator

I would say a must is videos for agent actions, as in assassins and spies. I remember something about an old plan to use real people, but unsure about it. Although it is low on the priority list, still a good addition.
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

There are some mountain texture glitches near Baktria, also do you plan on having civil war mechanics? Specifically for Rome.

I'd suggest implementing a government/title feature. It was the only thing that the old EB missed in my opinion. To be more specific, as long as a family member spends a turn governing a settlement, he should get a "retinue", announcing his new title as governor of that region, like satrap of Media or strategos of Lydia. Of course, only one member can have a specific title and nobody should be governor of more than one province. It's included in SS, so I guess it's feasible for Kingdoms mods.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I have a suggestion about Cappadocia and the old twitt about map change (see the qoute). Can the team make the Cappadocia as Eleutheroi provice with strong garrison with Ariamnes II as king and with the similar script as for Byzantium (if Cappadocia as vassal of AS, Seleukids will declare war on attacking faction). I think it will be great for Seleukid campaign and it will be historical correct. What do you think?

Minor map change. Phrygia now joins Kilikia. This is inportant for later chages.
    Last edited by tomySVK; May 06, 2015 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    I have a suggestion about Cappadocia and the old twitt about map change (see the qoute). Can the team make the Cappadocia as Eleutheroi provice with strong garrison with Ariamnes II as king and with the similar script as for Byzantium (if Cappadocia as vassal of AS, Seleukids will declare war on attacking faction). I think it will be great for Seleukid campaign and it will be historical correct. What do you think?
    Ironically, this is exactly what's been done, as far as making Kappadokia Eleutheroi.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    I'd suggest implementing a government/title feature. It was the only thing that the old EB missed in my opinion. To be more specific, as long as a family member spends a turn governing a settlement, he should get a "retinue", announcing his new title as governor of that region, like satrap of Media or strategos of Lydia. Of course, only one member can have a specific title and nobody should be governor of more than one province. It's included in SS, so I guess it's feasible for Kingdoms mods.
    It's already in check here :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-2-01-by-b0Gia

and here :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-for-EB-2-01
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

About rebellion script, yes the team discussed it and will probably put one in. It may be interesting...
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Ironically, this is exactly what's been done, as far as making Kappadokia Eleutheroi.
    That´s amazing news for me! Thank you dear Quintus

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    That´s amazing news for me! Thank you dear Quintus
    It's also the case in the semi-official modpack that z3n, b0Gia and I will be releasing soon.

Not sure how exactly to fix this but later in the game when I've got 20 or more counsel/procounsels it gets really time consuming remembering how long the proconsels have left. Would it be possible to make the traits state the year they are in ie: 1st year proconsul, 2nd year proconsul, etc. It would make for much less book keeping outside the game. I am really enjoying this game!

i think it would be good if goverment buildings didnt give you money when you destroyed them, and maybe some others. It is very unrealistic, considering that they represent the system of government not an actual building. the only way it could make sense if you think that you are firing all the peple who used to work for you, but still it is a bit out of place. The same could said for destruction of other buildings, but i can see that they have some other justification. the whole concept of recouping 1/3 of the money used to amke a building is a bit dumb imo. Where is the money coming from, building supplies, renting out the now free

Many personal sugestions have already been posted or they are long term objectives so not going to insist on those.

Hoever I wonder if there are possible the folowing tweakings of the strategy map UI that will improve a bit the control the player has it over its expansion/progress:

Radar Map
    -adding better contrasting colour shades between some factions (ex Epeiros-Macedon)or/and
    -adding subtle region borders

Faction Ranking Scroll
    -adding better contrasting colour shades between factions chart lines or/and
    -make the lines a bit thiker so the colour be more visible (I know it can get crowded that why I said "a bit")
    -faction symbols are not highlighted enough/equally when selected so you cant easily tell which are the ones displayed on the chart and which are not (combined with the colour problem this is a bit distressfull)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For the EB Team: I highly recommend that permanent projectiles be an optional setting, and that it includes a disclaimer about lowering FPS ("may cause lag" as some say).

On huge unit settings especially, it is a horrible mistake to have permanent javelins turned on... When you have two thousand skirmishers on each side in addition to archers, it can quickly bring the game to a slide-show.

I've found that limiting the projectile fade time to about 5 or 10 seconds is good (currently it's set at a few thousand seconds? or infinite?) and improves both performance and visuals (the battlefield doesn't end up looking like it's covered in white flowers).

Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    For the EB Team: I highly recommend that permanent projectiles be an optional setting, and that it includes a disclaimer about lowering FPS ("may cause lag" as some say).

On huge unit settings especially, it is a horrible mistake to have permanent javelins turned on... When you have two thousand skirmishers on each side in addition to archers, it can quickly bring the game to a slide-show.

I've found that limiting the projectile fade time to about 5 or 10 seconds is good (currently it's set at a few thousand seconds? or infinite?) and improves both performance and visuals (the battlefield doesn't end up looking like it's covered in white flowers).
    I think this is a very good point, especially for those of us with lower-spec/older machines where the additional processing load is noticeable.

I turned down arrows to a much shorter time, I think I'll do the same for javelins as well.

I think this is a very good point, especially for those of us with lower-spec/older machines where the additional processing load is noticeable.
    Yes, the only reason I suggest this is because not everyone is comfortable with opening up text files in their game and changing values. Many may not even know it is possible. I only played two or three battles before searching TWC for a solution to manually change the settings to save my FPS, and I haven't looked back since. The arrows and javelins fade away within a few seconds — you hardly notice any change whatsoever.

However, I worry that some new players may be very disappointed with EBII after a few hours, thinking that EBII's battles are "poorly optimized" when actually this "permanent projectiles" addition is one of the main culprits for killing performance.

I concure to this.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

I turned down arrows to a much shorter time, I think I'll do the same for javelins as well.
    Agreed, when I tested on my machine performance seemed right but now I see that many complained about performance.

The life-time was set to: 15 mins for prec javelins(pilum, soliferum, etc.), 3 mins for javelins and 5mins for arrows.
    So I suggest 15sec for arrows and 1 min for javelins but leave the prec javelins untouched since most units have 1 volley of that.
    Last edited by alin; May 16, 2015 at 09:54 AM.

Yes, the only reason I suggest this is because not everyone is comfortable with opening up text files in their game and changing values. Many may not even know it is possible.
    Here's the part where you (or someone else) tells us noobies how to change that there projectile fade time. I love your suggestion, but I want to try it out for myself! After unsuccessful searches in google and TWC, I feel I've earned that much. At least throw me a search keyword, please! I experience massive fps drop during battles when large amounts of projectiles are thrown, and my PC isn't really old or of a poor quality. Your fix sounds lovely, please help me try it =(.