Page 102 of 127 FirstFirst ... 252779293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    That's simply something we are not able to do in the game. However, the new rebel spawn script for the next patch will show more agressive rebels spawns on the campaign map, even capable of conquering your cities.
    I should add that all I did here was replace the regular "bandit" spawn (which was often crap like 3 units of Leves) with a script that puts small, but properly-led and properly-composed armies in. They're only 5 or 8 units, but if you haven't bothered to put a proper garrison in place, they will have a go at your settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    Originally Posted by Just let me post
    When the coronavirus quarantine is over, I will look for you, I will find you and I will spear you

Originally Posted by Rad
    Not if I get him first!

Pardon me for bringing up this two months old discussion (regarding overhand vs. underhand spear grip) but I would like to share a video I found - as it made me remember about our little discourse:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XuhoFszfe8

Obviously it's not to prove anything, I just found it interesting. Besides, I hope all you guys are doing fine.

nice video, lindybeige has debated the whole pushing phase of hoplite warfare before and he raises some interesting questions. the thing is though that many ancient sources describe in a literally manner that the "pushing" (ωθισμος in greek) did actually happen when 2 phalanxes met. maybe it didnt always happen though and the first lines speared each other instead until one or other broke.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I should add that all I did here was replace the regular "bandit" spawn (which was often crap like 3 units of Leves) with a script that puts small, but properly-led and properly-composed armies in. They're only 5 or 8 units, but if you haven't bothered to put a proper garrison in place, they will have a go at your settlements.
    It's still a great script, very good work Quintus. I have played several campaigns with the script and rebels can be a real danger now. Now only are they already dangerous with 8 units but sometimes they even merge with other spawns and then you have to face a much bigger army. I have also been surprised a few times already by rebel armies attacking ungarrisoned cities in the corners of my empires.

Is the rebel spawn script taking the province's public order into consideration?
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    Is the rebel spawn script taking the province's public order into consideration?
    No, there's no condition that can check public order in a single monitor, that would hugely over-complicate it. The largest spawn does cause unrest and depopulation (representing the elites leaving and taking followers with them to join the rebellion).

I wonder if it's possible to make the re-emergent faction script take regions into consideration. Currently the script can give quite interesting outcomes, to say the least.

An example:

1 - I've managed to get rid of Pergamon. The last of their settlements went to Ptolemies as a gift for my allies. It means that all former Pergamon lands are Ptolemaic now.

2 - For a two or three turns everything worked as intended.

3 - Then there was a message about a revolt in Pergamon and the faction re-emerged. Well, that's okay except...

4 - The revolt did not occur in Pergamon. It was in the Upper Egypt. The southernmost Ptolemaic settlement there has notoriously low public order and is rebelling quite often. But this time it became a Pergamon settlement (the highest cultural affinity there, I think?). Yet, the new Pergamon faction leader with his full stack army spawned next to the now-Ptolemaic city of Pergamon.

It happened twice. The second time after the man was killed in the battle and the faction died again. When the second time the Upper Egypt settlement went into a similar revolt again the Pergamon army spawned in Asia Minor.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; May 19, 2020 at 08:16 AM.

Unfortunately, the faction re-emergence script is broken. It can't be fixed (it's the hardcoded mechanic that allows re-emergence that won't work properly), though I'm hoping the newest version in the patch is slightly less buggy.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 19, 2020 at 11:15 AM.

Hey QuintusSertorius,

I have found a bug in the Nabatu imperial reform script.

The SettlementTurnStart monitor triggers before the FactionTurnStart monitor triggers, so it counts the poleis and markets only to reset them to zero before the reform requirements can be checked.

My apologies if you were already aware of this and a fix is in the next update.

In this post you can see how I found out that there is a bug.

I say hotfixes would be more than welcome as we, the players, have no goddamn idea when the update is comming out other than "soon".

Quote Originally Posted by Electricity View Post
    Hey QuintusSertorius,

I have found a bug in the Nabatu imperial reform script.

The SettlementTurnStart monitor triggers before the FactionTurnStart monitor triggers, so it counts the poleis and markets only to reset them to zero before the reform requirements can be checked.

My apologies if you were already aware of this and a fix is in the next update.

In this post you can see how I found out that there is a bug.
    Good catch, updated in the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    I say hotfixes would be more than welcome as we, the players, have no goddamn idea when the update is comming out other than "soon".
    Hotfix implies something that works without a new campaign. Any change to the script would require a new campaign.

I noticed that I got the KH reforms twice - once by meeting the requirements and again based on the default dates. Is this WAD?
    Regards
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    I noticed that I got the KH reforms twice - once by meeting the requirements and again based on the default dates. Is this WAD?
    Regards
    P
    No, the fallback should only happen if they haven't already occurred for some reason.

I'll go back and check the calendar script.

I'd suggest adding Tarent and Rhegion to the list of required regions for the Roman victory along with making these two an automatic casus belli with the Republic if they're taken by any other faction. Simply, TW AI grasp of the factional interests is too weak. Rome is reacting to Tarent revolting in the favor of Epeiros, but they're absolutely chill about any other faction taking the mentioned cities as long as the settlements are not under the Republic. They consistently expend blood and money trying to take Rhegion, them having their armies butchered by Decivs Whatevervs Anonymicvs sitting there, but they do keep peace after the town is besieged and taken by anyone else. The Roman AI can even go as far as ignoring the Southern Italy completely if they're involved elsewhere.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; May 22, 2020 at 12:16 PM.

The aswar i nezagan (armenian lancers) are no longer available for pontos in any factional government, is this intended? Factions like the seleucids can recruit them using allied government, same as pontos.

However by reading the description of the unit, it seems like these armenians had a closer affinity to pontos than the seleucids, so imo it would make sense to allow then in something like symmachia or hipobasileia. Originally, the seleucids couldn't get them in any way, and pontos could through the satrapeia.

Also, what are the changes to the hellenistic colonies in asia minor for the next patch? I remember them being a decent source of phalangitai in the late game, with places like Iran becoming dry of them, after the thorakitai reforms.

In 2.35 I can get 1 unit of Aswar i Nezagan from a Hypobasileia installed in Kartli, with 25 turn replenishment. Mind you, this is absolutely nothing compared to the numbers that Hayastan can throw out.

I think that Epeiros could use a line of traits and maybe a scripted revolt or two to reflect how weak was position of a king in this so-called monarchy.

Do something that the three tribes might dislike with not enough Authority on the faction leader and you have to deal with the upheaval...

I've been reading about hellenistic naval warfare and it seems to me that the mod is missing an important aspect, that is already reflected with elephants.
    Several times ships were captured in a enemy city, and that gave a huge advantage to the victor. Because ships were extremely expensive, so capturing them in good condition was a great boom. The huge fleet of Demetrios was in part captured by Lysimachus (Pella) and possibly Ptolemy (Ephesus). The Rhodians also had conditions with their allied cities that any ship captured would be theirs to keep.

I suggest that a script should be added like the elephant/phalangite one, where a victorious admiral has a chance to capture warships from a defeated enemy. It could be random, or perhaps linked to his command ability. It shouldn't replace building your own fleets, just being a bonus. In addition, if there is a way to check for fleets inside a port, those should have a chance to be captured once a city is taken. If that is too complicated, then just a chance to capture a ship based on the port level/city size.

I think Pontos gets too many hellenistic units, due to stacking their government and poleis recruitment. One example is hippomachoi, which doubles the unit pool (0.4 polis + 0.4 government), while other factions like Pergamon are pure hellenistic and much nearby, and get a lesser pool size. IMO Pontus should only have native units (anatolian/persian) from their governments, and hellenistic units from the poleis/colonies.

The exception would be the basilike patris, which could represent the hellenized court, but the rest of the kingdom should be dominated by native units. I also unsure why galatians feature so prominently, almost like native units. I think they should be roughly on par with hellenistic regarding their availability, and not given in so many numbers. Mithridates VI didn't have a good relation with the galatians, he annexed half their land and then betrayed the families for cash.

IMO Pontos should excel on cavalry but have a weakness similar to Armenia (but less extreme), getting solid native infantry. That could be accessed through hellenistic colonies or in galatia proper, but these infantry units shouldn't be plenty or easy to obtain. The player should have plenty of native anatolian/persian infantry and few of the hellenistic/galatian ones, the later ones should never as plentiful as the former.

Playing as Hayastan, I noticed a small error in the Mazaka revolt script that triggers when the player builds a factional government after choosing to support the independence of Cappadocia. The eleutheroi army spawns in the river, thus being impossible to attack to break the siege. I had a similar problem with the galatian stacks raiding Pergamon, one of my army was on the spawn point and the raiders thus appeared in the river nearby. This could be fixed by moving the spawn point further away from inaccessible terrain.

I want to add that this mod is amazing! Can't wait for the next patch with all the new content.

The Numidian Reforms take too long, and in the meantime the player is limited to a pittance of construction options and severe cultural incompatibility with Iberian and Carthaginian settlements. The reform requirements also are made worse by the scripted earthquake at Sigan that kills 200 people, setting back the attainment of Large Camp by dozens of turns. A possible solution is to lax the requirements to only necessitate converting the starting Numidian camp into a settlement. After all, you start out with one family member with Superior Builder, and he can only govern the starting camp without causing tribal unrest.

The fun part though is gobbling up Carthaginian settlements through diplomacy, and scrambling to find role-playing reasons for the acquisitions. Then you can sit back for 150 odd turns for the reforms while watching Carthage send stack after stack east to fight in the Great Desert Wars