Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2087

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

  1. #1621

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Although I support the increase of the number of available +EXP bonuses, I do not think that tying them to the war temple building is the way to go.
    I'd much rather see bigger, better, more organised drilling grounds to do that. Naturally, they should be expensive to maintain.
    From what I can see in my campaign, the AI does build a lot of war temples and drill grounds, so it would positively affect it as well.

  2. #1622

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    As Quintus said, there is a limited number of available effects, so since I wanted to make tier 5 temples more useful (right now in unmodded EBII I would just skip them) I had not many choices but to give their specific bonus a flat increase. Honestly I also wanted to keep things as simple as possible. My biggest concern anyway was to make each tier of any temple equally useful (actually, low tiers of GOVERNORS are still slightly better) but more unique, unlike in unmodded EBII IMHO.

  3. #1623

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    All I am saying is that if you want more effective troops, you train them better. Warmongering only gets you so far. That's why I prefer drill grounds over temples.

  4. #1624

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    All I am saying is that if you want more effective troops, you train them better. Warmongering only gets you so far. That's why I prefer drill grounds over temples.
    I agree that it makes more sense for drilling grounds to give experience than temples.

    In the other hand battle temples could provide:

    - recruitment and retraining cost reductions to represent the population being more cooperant with being drafted for war
    - morale bonus, to represent religious fanaticism and the will to please the war deities.
    - ancillaries giving morale bonus to troops or command to the generals

  5. #1625

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    was trying out the banners from Alternative Battles submod by YourMadDoc. his decr_banner_new.xml seems to be compatible with 2.35 and i was wondering if they could be included in the main EB?
    these banners look neat and are a nice middle way between the outsized bouncie vanilla ones and going custom no banners. they look rather realistic whilst not causing potential control/visibility difficulties of 'no banners'.
    here is their description:
    Banners (only decr_banner_new.xml is required for changes)
    - Much smaller banners to look more as real flags and less as UI elements. Somewhere between having them enabled/disabled.
    - Banners will not "bounce" , only wave in wind.

  6. #1626
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,182

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    was trying out the banners from Alternative Battles submod by YourMadDoc. his decr_banner_new.xml seems to be compatible with 2.35 and i was wondering if they could be included in the main EB?
    these banners look neat and are a nice middle way between the outsized bouncie vanilla ones and going custom no banners. they look rather realistic whilst not causing potential control/visibility difficulties of 'no banners'.
    here is their description:
    I play with the banners disabled in game but I agree with you, the banners in that submod look beter, in fact, before disabling the banners I was using that submod

  7. #1627

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    I agree that it makes more sense for drilling grounds to give experience than temples.

    In the other hand battle temples could provide:

    - recruitment and retraining cost reductions to represent the population being more cooperant with being drafted for war
    - morale bonus, to represent religious fanaticism and the will to please the war deities.
    - ancillaries giving morale bonus to troops or command to the generals
    I gave battle temples retraining cost reduction, but then I realized many "forge" temples are actually dedicated to healing gods, so it makes more sense to leave this bonus to them as it is.
    About morale bonuses, AFAIK exp points give 1 morale bonus each level and 1 attack bonus every 3 levels, so in reality battle temples mostly enhance morale already.
    Recruitment cost reduction is a good idea, I didn't think about it because I wanted to stick as much as possible with the original bonuses chosen by the EB team for the official release.
    I thought temples already gave unique ancillaries and traits, am I wrong?

  8. #1628
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Morale bonuses don't work. They can't, there's no record to attach it to for any unit recruited in a place giving that benefit.

  9. #1629

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Hi, I tried to improve the performance of the Illyrian light phalanx and I found that giving them "long_pike" makes an amazing difference and doesn't seem to have any downside. Maybe it's because "short_pike" may be bugged, I remember that someone speculated it wasn't used in any official release because it didn't work as intended.

  10. #1630
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,142

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Firstly, I just want to say that I love the little animation of the Germanic horn blower guy who lifts the horn up to his lips before sounding off marching orders and attacks. More of that please! All the little things like that really add to the immersion and realism of your mod, which is easily the best for M2TW Kingdoms.

    Secondly, I simply adore the awesome monumental Greek and Roman style temples you get to see out in the countryside, but a skilled editor should seriously consider placing them inside the Hellenistic and Roman huge cities, respectively, where they can also be appreciated. For the Greek huge city I would place it next to the already existing gigantic temple, to make the acropolis look more like a finished complex. At the moment the acropolis is kind of barren, with way too much open space than a normal Greek acropolis should have had IMHO.

    https://i.imgur.com/I2FX7mU.jpg


    https://i.imgur.com/XyKVO6T.jpg


    Finally, some well-deserved criticism: you guys need to fix this weird black sky thing, where the skies are pitch black but the terrain and soldiers are lit up like it's noontime on a sunny, totally cloudless day. It's just jarring and really breaks the immersion for me. It did this twice, two battles in a row the last time I played:

    https://i.imgur.com/3dCFAFR.jpg

  11. #1631
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    3,844

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Morale bonuses don't work. They can't, there's no record to attach it to for any unit recruited in a place giving that benefit.
    IIRC, they do give bonuses to the units that are inside the settlement - so for a defensive battle or for a battle where the units join as support. I'm not sure of that, however.
    And obviously no longer-lasting benefits.

  12. #1632
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,182

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    In case it is useful, 0TheLastTemplar0 has made an animation for dual-wielding weapon units.

    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post15738796

  13. #1633

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Give non nomadic factions the ability to convert camps to settlement after the installation of the highest tier allied government building [closely allied] in the camp and a client ruler.
    Should that same faction ever demolish the allied government AND install a factional government, the area should automatically rebel. Forever.....
    That would allow for the development of the camp but only by it retaining its autonomy and culture.

  14. #1634
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    Give non nomadic factions the ability to convert camps to settlement after the installation of the highest tier allied government building [closely allied] in the camp and a client ruler.
    Should that same faction ever demolish the allied government AND install a factional government, the area should automatically rebel. Forever.....
    That would allow for the development of the camp but only by it retaining its autonomy and culture.
    It's not possible to string those conditions together.

  15. #1635

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Thanks QS,
    I can see how a script could check for ownership and the existence of a faction govt building and the existence of a "city" and thus generate a rebellion (and the check could run for as long as the faction owned the province).
    So I presume the issue must be with giving the non-nomad factions the ability to convert camps?
    I have a plan B but I'll need to work on it some more!
    Regards
    P.

  16. #1636
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    Thanks QS,
    I can see how a script could check for ownership and the existence of a faction govt building and the existence of a "city" and thus generate a rebellion (and the check could run for as long as the faction owned the province).
    So I presume the issue must be with giving the non-nomad factions the ability to convert camps?
    I have a plan B but I'll need to work on it some more!
    Regards
    P.
    Camp conversion is done by a building in the EDB. Access to that building is in a single line which doesn't allow for the nuance of "this faction can build it when they have X building in place".

  17. #1637

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Camp conversion is done by a building in the EDB. Access to that building is in a single line which doesn't allow for the nuance of "this faction can build it when they have X building in place".
    Hi QS,
    Do you mean this line:

    "43401 castle_to_large_town castle requires factions { f_parthia, f_sweboz, f_saka, f_sauromatae, f_numidia, f_lugia, f_bosporan, f_nabatu, f_boii, f_getai, f_carthage, } and hidden_resource mixed and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms_nomadic nomfarms_three ;;;and building_present_min_level govbospor bosphelnom or building_present_min_level govparthia parth_snt"

    Regards

    P.

  18. #1638
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,753

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    Hi QS,
    Do you mean this line:

    "43401 castle_to_large_town castle requires factions { f_parthia, f_sweboz, f_saka, f_sauromatae, f_numidia, f_lugia, f_bosporan, f_nabatu, f_boii, f_getai, f_carthage, } and hidden_resource mixed and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms_nomadic nomfarms_three ;;;and building_present_min_level govbospor bosphelnom or building_present_min_level govparthia parth_snt"

    Regards

    P.
    Yes, it only allows one set of conditions.

  19. #1639
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    3,844

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    I wonder if the term "Strategic fortifications" doesn't sound too serious for the type of buildin in the EBII?
    The second level, Waystation and Garrisons, sounds very apt, but that Strategic Fortifications sounds to like "Maginot Line", not really fit for the place..
    What do you think?

  20. #1640
    Domaje's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Massalia
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

    Hello EB team.
    Every time I play the Romans I always make sure to have a notepad next to me to write down who are my consuls and praetors, and since when. I must say I feel like an authentic ancient roman scribus doing so !
    But with the new roman trait for the military service, which is very handy, I was wondering if you could just do the same for the senior magistratures ? For example with a tool tip saying if this is the first, second or fifth year of the mandate. A thing like that. :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •