Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105120 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

I am sorry my friend I dont have enough time. But if I were you I would convert textures to dds format and try to edit them. That part is rather simple.

I think it would be quite awesome if you guys could do some kind of mod that allows us to start the game right before the start of the punic wars or when hannibal crosses the alps, it would be so good to exploit that awesome second punic war era, everything with the historically accurate characters that were present at the time (publius cornelious scipio being 17 for example) I dont know if there's any way to do this in the script but it would be cool, thank you for everything you guys do

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus V View Post
    I think it would be quite awesome if you guys could do some kind of mod that allows us to start the game right before the start of the punic wars or when hannibal crosses the alps, it would be so good to exploit that awesome second punic war era, everything with the historically accurate characters that were present at the time (publius cornelious scipio being 17 for example) I dont know if there's any way to do this in the script but it would be cool, thank you for everything you guys do
    The thing is that that would be so different from the current mod, factions, events, units, etc, that it would mean creating an entirelly new mod. It would be awesome of course, but as Quintus said some time ago, EBII is still far from finished, so the priority will always be to finish it before doing different campaigns.

217 would see Epirus reduced to little more than another league of Greek cities and the Koinion Hellenon (Chremonidian League) would also be defunct. Though the later could have Syracuse take it's place. Other than that nothing much would be different.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post

My Fast Sketch - Colchian and Iberian Warrior 3th Century BC

picture is based on the ancient greek historical sources and archeology
    0 % Reaction?
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 10, 2019 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    217 would see Epirus reduced to little more than another league of Greek cities and the Koinion Hellenon (Chremonidian League) would also be defunct. Though the later could have Syracuse take it's place. Other than that nothing much would be different.
    Besides removing many units like the early Roman units, we would have to remove a lot of the current scripts and events, since a huge number of events are for the early game and maybe replacing them with new ones, etc etc.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

@khevsur its amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post

My Fast Sketch - Colchian and Iberian Warrior 3th Century BC

picture is based on the ancient greek historical sources and archeology
    These are some quality illustrations, very inspiring!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Per discussion in the "KH government availability" thread, it would be great if post-Thorakitai reform Hoplitai - one of the most common units for Koinon Hellenon - got a little armor and appearance upgrade with a bit of chain mail, similar to the Liby Phoenician hoplon-shielded spearmen used by Carthage following their Barcid panoply reform.

Imagine Carthage like this in the game

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/BmlG0r

I'm resurrecting my Scordsci unit suggestion and I am adding some extra images, accumulated over time.

For the lazy - this post features swords, spears, knives, a helmet and a couple of shield bosses, jewelry, belts, talismans, cavalry equipment, coins etc

Because horses are depicted on currency and there is a presence of cavalry equipment, I'd like to suggest that one of the units be a cavalry one.
    Also, the short sword and sica makes me want to see a light-medium infantry unit - not necessarily a swordsman unit - there are many preserved spears.

1. Silver coin of Celtic tribe Scordisci, 3rd century BC, from the collection of the National Museum of Serbia in Belgrade.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2. 4-2c bce Celtic bronze and iron fibulae found in graves in necropolis at Karaburma in Belgrade

3. Ritually “killed” and sacrificed Celtic swords,3rd-2nd century BC, findings from Celtic warrior graves in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia.

4. Astragal belts made of joined bronze links, 4th-2nd century BC, found in vicinity of Sremska Mitrovica (ancient Sirmium), Srem region, northern Serbia.

5. Celtic bracelet, copper alloy, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from a grave at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia

6. Beautiful silver Celtic fibulae of Jarak type, 2nd-1st century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar, Vršac, Banat

7. Bracelet made of glass paste beads, late Iron age, 4th-2nd century BC, found in vicinity of Sremska Mitrovica (ancient Sirmium), Srem region, northern Serbia.

8. Bronze bracelet - 2nd-1st century BC and bronze fibula - 1st century AD, excavated at Stari vinogradi archaeological site in Čurug, Bačka region, Vojvodina province, northern Serbia.

9. Brown bear tooth pendants talismans (2.1 c. BC) from the Celtic hillfort at Zidovar in northeastern Serbia

10. Celtic bronze bracelets, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from graves at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia.

11. Celtic bronze fibula, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from a grave at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia.

12. Celtic golden coin – minim of tribe Scordisci with motif of animal paw, 1st century BC, found in Batajnica, near Belgrade

13. Celtic iron knives, 3rd-1st century BC, findings from graves of Celtic warriors in Serbia

14. Celtic iron swords, 4th-2nd century BC, found in graves in Kupinovo in Srem and Boljevci in Serbia.

15. Celtic jewelry, 4th-1st century BC, excavated in graves at the ancient Celtic settlement of Singidunum, present day Belgrade capital of Serbia, founded by Celtic tribe Scordisci

16. Celtic knife, iron, La Tene period, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, found in Drenovac, vicinity of Šabac, western Serbia

17. Celtic necklace and bracelet made of amber beads, 1st-2nd century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar, Banat region, northern Serbia

18. Celtic silver rings, 1st - 2nd century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar, Banat region, northern Serbia.

19. Celtic spearhead, iron, La Tene period, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, found at the bank of Sava river in Drenovac, vicinity of Šabac, western Serbia.

20. Celtic spearheads, iron, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, findings from warrior graves at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia. 29.9 i 39.9 cm

21. Celtic spearheads, iron, La Tene period, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, found in vicinity of Šabac, western Serbia.

22. Celtic spurs, iron, late Iron age period, 2nd-1st century BC, found at various sites in vicinity of Svrljig

23. Celtic weapons – sword, spear heads, knives and umbo, central part of the shield, Iron age period, 4th-2nd century BC, found in graves at necropolis at Karaburma in Belgrade

24. Composite bronze belt, Iron age period, 5th-3rd century BC, found in Nikinci, vicinity of Sremska Mitrovica, Srem region

25. Dove-shaped Celtic silver pendants, 2nd-1st century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, part of treasure hoard found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar archaeological site, vicinity of Vršac

26. Figurine of Celtic horseman, Iron age, La Tene period, 4th-3rd century BC, found in vicinity of Kladovo, eastern Serbia.

27. Findings from a Celtic warrior's grave - fibula, knife, belt set, spear head and ritually killed bent sword, late Iron age period, 2nd century BC, found in Čubra village, near Negotin, eastern Serbia

28. Findings from a grave of Celtic warrior, 1st century BC, excavated in Ajmana, vicinity of Kladovo, eastern Serbia.

29. Helmet from the burial of a Celtic warrior (3 c. BC) at Lychnidos Ohrid, North Macedonia

30. Iron findings from a grave of Celtic warrior – battle knife, belt, spearhead and fibula, 2nd century BC, found at Čubra archaeological site, vicinity of Negotin

31. Spearheads, knives, spurs, fibulae, arrowheads and sica - a curved dagger decorated with conjoined solar symbols, 3rd-1st century BC, made by tribe Scordisci

32. Reverse of a Celtic coin, silver tetradrachm depicting a horseman and amphora, minted by Scordisci tribe, 3rd-2nd century BC. Syrmium

33. Reverse of a Celtic silver coin - tetradrachm, minted by Scordisci tribe, 3rd-2nd century BC, found in northern Serbia

34. Shield boss

35. Short Celtic iron sword with iron scabbard, Iron age, late La Tene period, 4th-2nd century BC, found in a grave at Celtic necropolis at Karaburma in Belgrade, capital of Serbia. 49cm

36. Two bronze Celtic rings, 1st - 2nd century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar, Banat region, northern Serbia.

Disclaimer: I don't know to whom the astragal/composite belts and jewelry bits belonged to - men or women. That's above my pay grade.
    Last edited by Rad; November 25, 2019 at 05:05 AM.

We're not changing the map, those obstructions are to stop stupid behaviour by the CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I'm resurrecting my Scordsci unit suggestion and I am adding some extra images, accumulated over time.

For the lazy - this post features swords, spears, knives, a helmet and a couple of shield bosses, jewelry, belts, talismans, cavalry equipment, coins etc

Because horses are depicted on currency and there is a presence of cavalry equipment, I'd like to suggest that one of the units be a cavalry one.
    Also, the short sword and sica makes me want to see a light-medium infantry unit - not necessarily a swordsman unit - there are many preserved spears.

1. Silver coin of Celtic tribe Scordisci, 3rd century BC, from the collection of the National Museum of Serbia in Belgrade.

2. 4-2c bce Celtic bronze and iron fibulae found in graves in necropolis at Karaburma in Belgrade

3. Ritually “killed” and sacrificed Celtic swords,3rd-2nd century BC, findings from Celtic warrior graves in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia.

4. Astragal belts made of joined bronze links, 4th-2nd century BC, found in vicinity of Sremska Mitrovica (ancient Sirmium), Srem region, northern Serbia.

5. Celtic bracelet, copper alloy, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from a grave at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia

6. Beautiful silver Celtic fibulae of Jarak type, 2nd-1st century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar, Vršac, Banat

7. Bracelet made of glass paste beads, late Iron age, 4th-2nd century BC, found in vicinity of Sremska Mitrovica (ancient Sirmium), Srem region, northern Serbia.

8. Bronze bracelet - 2nd-1st century BC and bronze fibula - 1st century AD, excavated at Stari vinogradi archaeological site in Čurug, Bačka region, Vojvodina province, northern Serbia.

9. Brown bear tooth pendants talismans (2.1 c. BC) from the Celtic hillfort at Zidovar in northeastern Serbia

10. Celtic bronze bracelets, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from graves at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia.

11. Celtic bronze fibula, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from a grave at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia.

12. Celtic golden coin – minim of tribe Scordisci with motif of animal paw, 1st century BC, found in Batajnica, near Belgrade

13. Celtic iron knives, 3rd-1st century BC, findings from graves of Celtic warriors in Serbia

14. Celtic iron swords, 4th-2nd century BC, found in graves in Kupinovo in Srem and Boljevci in Serbia.

15. Celtic jewelry, 4th-1st century BC, excavated in graves at the ancient Celtic settlement of Singidunum, present day Belgrade capital of Serbia, founded by Celtic tribe Scordisci

16. Celtic knife, iron, La Tene period, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, found in Drenovac, vicinity of Šabac, western Serbia

17. Celtic necklace and bracelet made of amber beads, 1st-2nd century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar, Banat region, northern Serbia

18. Celtic silver rings, 1st - 2nd century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar, Banat region, northern Serbia.

19. Celtic spearhead, iron, La Tene period, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, found at the bank of Sava river in Drenovac, vicinity of Šabac, western Serbia.

20. Celtic spearheads, iron, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, findings from warrior graves at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia. 29.9 i 39.9 cm

21. Celtic spearheads, iron, La Tene period, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, found in vicinity of Šabac, western Serbia.

22. Celtic spurs, iron, late Iron age period, 2nd-1st century BC, found at various sites in vicinity of Svrljig

23. Celtic weapons – sword, spear heads, knives and umbo, central part of the shield, Iron age period, 4th-2nd century BC, found in graves at necropolis at Karaburma in Belgrade

24. Composite bronze belt, Iron age period, 5th-3rd century BC, found in Nikinci, vicinity of Sremska Mitrovica, Srem region

25. Dove-shaped Celtic silver pendants, 2nd-1st century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, part of treasure hoard found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar archaeological site, vicinity of Vršac

26. Figurine of Celtic horseman, Iron age, La Tene period, 4th-3rd century BC, found in vicinity of Kladovo, eastern Serbia.

27. Findings from a Celtic warrior's grave - fibula, knife, belt set, spear head and ritually killed bent sword, late Iron age period, 2nd century BC, found in Čubra village, near Negotin, eastern Serbia

28. Findings from a grave of Celtic warrior, 1st century BC, excavated in Ajmana, vicinity of Kladovo, eastern Serbia.

29. Helmet from the burial of a Celtic warrior (3 c. BC) at Lychnidos Ohrid, North Macedonia

30. Iron findings from a grave of Celtic warrior – battle knife, belt, spearhead and fibula, 2nd century BC, found at Čubra archaeological site, vicinity of Negotin

31. Spearheads, knives, spurs, fibulae, arrowheads and sica - a curved dagger decorated with conjoined solar symbols, 3rd-1st century BC, made by tribe Scordisci

32. Reverse of a Celtic coin, silver tetradrachm depicting a horseman and amphora, minted by Scordisci tribe, 3rd-2nd century BC. Syrmium

33. Reverse of a Celtic silver coin - tetradrachm, minted by Scordisci tribe, 3rd-2nd century BC, found in northern Serbia

34. Shield boss

35. Short Celtic iron sword with iron scabbard, Iron age, late La Tene period, 4th-2nd century BC, found in a grave at Celtic necropolis at Karaburma in Belgrade, capital of Serbia. 49cm

36. Two bronze Celtic rings, 1st - 2nd century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar, Banat region, northern Serbia.

Disclaimer: I don't know to whom the astragal/composite belts and jewelry bits belonged to - men or women. That's above my pay grade.
    Suggestions for shield decorations - all found in my previous post.

Horses

Paws and teeth

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We're not changing the map, those obstructions are to stop stupid behaviour by the CAI.
    I think he's asking for more restrictions, not less.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Sar1n

Yes, narrow passages, Much more forest, Castles, High mountains.

in game caucasus is Like steppes

in forests and mounthains fought This warrior - Very Braves,Physically strong and Masters of fiery fencing - Meomarni Kartlisani

They sang Georgian fighting song.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QrQ7nPsjkE&t=2s

Georgians are warrior people (Traditionally Caucasian peoples- Circassians,Adygheans,Albanians,Kabardians,Dagestanis,Georgians). Excluding Armenians and Azerbaijanis , Armenians and Azerbaijanis are not Caucasians.

georgian batlle Dances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO4FojnCE6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtRBbjEs-kM

Last edited by Khevsur; January 02, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

So, I have a number of suggestions, all of them text-based ones that should be fairly easy to implement. Also, they are things that, for the most part, involve no change in gameplay or mechanics, and are rather aimed at helping the player follow some of the more clever nuances of gameplay that the EBII team has constructed.

Diplomatic Interactions
    I just started a Hayastan campaign, and very quickly realized why the development team listed that as "Nigh Impossible". The reason, I am finding, is because for about half of the settlements Hayastan would naturally expand into, there are serious diplomatic penalties for doing so. More particularly, taking certain settlements will put the !!!SPOILER!!! Hayastan at war with certain neighboring factions. This, to me, is a really cool and clever way to simulate webs of alliances and mutual friendship that existed in different regions and between different peoples. However, one thing I find a bit of a pain with it is that the messages only pop up once I've already laid siege to one of these "off-limits" settlements. I think having a message then is fine, to remind the player of the consequences of certain actions, but it would also be helpful if the general diplomatic info was available at all times somewhere, so that the player does not spend the money and time mounting an expedition, only to find they must turn around or suddenly be at war with the Seleukids. My suggestion then is the following:

Suggestion: On campaign start have a message for the player that says what is off-limits due to political situations. At the end of this message add that "Information on political consequences to certain choices can be found in the infoscroll for the Hayastan capital." Then, in that infoscroll, there could be a brief section added at the end for "STRATEGY", just as there is for many other buildings. In that strategy section, the full info about what settlements are under the protection of other factions could then be easily listed for the player's reference. I understand that some political realities might not be things a faction would necessarily know about at the outset, and such could be left off this infoscroll, but some are arguably things the faction would historically know, and thus the player should have easy access to that as well.

Player Pay's Tribute
    For many factions, especially the satraps associated with the Seleukids, there are regular demands that the player pay tribute to some other stronger faction, or risk that faction's displeasure (either in the form of lower political relations, or outright war). These things are interesting and add historical flair, but one thing that always bugs me is that I can never know how much I am going to pay. That can be a pain because sometimes I have a certain surplus of gold that I can, and might gladly part with, rather than suffering the consequences of not paying the tribute, but I don't know if the tribute will perhaps be way more than that. For example, if I have 5000 mnai, and really need to build a building that costs 1600 mnai, then I won't mind paying 3000. But if the tribute then turns out to be 5000, I'll be really irritated.

Suggestion: In the infoscroll that pops up telling about the tribute and making the player choose whether or not to pay it, simply add in what amount that tribute comes out to.

Player Plays as Tribute-Receiving Faction
    Some faction, like the Seleukids, demand tribute from a bunch of neighboring factions. That is painfully clear if one plays as one of those neighboring factions, and has to always decide whether to pay up or be invaded by a mammoth empire next door. However, I have never noticed while playing as one of the bully factions (like Seleukids) receiving any tribute, even though there would be tribute coming in. To make this more even, I would suggest that player's playing as historically tribute-receiving factions be given some sort of monetary boost every X many turns. My concrete suggestion is as follows:

Suggestion: From looking at the campaign_script, it is obvious that the scripting is fairly complicated for tribute-paying and its effects. Moreover, I can see many problems with how it would function when the tribute-payers are not the player. My suggestion then would be to have counters added in that check the diplomatic status between the player (who is, in this case, playing as a tribute-receiving faction) and the smaller factions that would pay tribute. If the diplomatic relations are above some set threshold, then the player simply receives a fixed amount of mnai. As a concrete example, let's say I am playing as Seleukids, and Hayastand and Baktria are factions that regularly pay tribute to the Seleukids. Then, there would be a counter to check whether my diplomatic relations with each faction are at least at, say, "Friendly", and if so, then I receive 2000 mnai once a year from each faction, totally 4000 mnai. If only one faction is at "Friendly" status with me, then I only receive 2000 mnai. This wouldn't negatively impact the AI factions, but would give the player a small boost, provide a good proxy for the historical situation of tribute-paying, and also force the player to think hard about how he or she wishes to interact with tribute-paying factions. I.e. it would make it more of an interesting choice for players deciding whether or not to attack Satrapies who owe you allegiance. If this suggestion were taken on board, I would further suggest that a brief infodump be included about who pays you tribute and under what conditions. This could be done in the same way as suggested in the first box above.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing what the team thinks about these things, and whether they would be feasible additions to include in the next release!
    Last edited by Kilo11; November 28, 2019 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Formatting error.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Well, I'm not part of the team but I have a good understanding of what we can and can't do with events. As so, I would say that all your suggestion are interesting and not difficult to implement, as long as someone has time for it. Nice work

but the game map will be always wrong as it is much smaller then in real and so they can not show everything on it,it is just a game

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

stevietheconquer

but caucasus is not a step. just create forest in Caucasus ( Colchis-Iberia)
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 01, 2019 at 04:31 AM.

A couple questions/suggestions cunningly disguised as questions:

1: Would it be feasible to allow the Pahlava to undergo a settling reform if they go East instead of West? E.g. an alternate reform trigger that includes controlling Baktra, Antiochia-Margiane, maybe Chach/Shahr and turning Nisaya into a City? The Saka have a more broad set of reforms that give progress for controlling/converting settlements as far West as Nisaya and Bukharak, while the Pahlava are "stuck" as nomads until they're fairly deep into North-West Iran, no matter how much urban, Central Asian clay they integrate.

2: Are there any plans for units native to the Tarim Basin? I noticed that there are Tocharian Nomad Enclaves, but they are almost entirely identical to the Saka Enclaves.