Page 96 of 127 FirstFirst ... 46718687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106121 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2524

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

I can't answer 1) but there are lots more eastern steppe units to come.

So I missed the agents revived mod but odds of that being added? The idea of marrying off a princess to secure an alliance, or even the land of another faction w/o bloodshed would be a game changer. That or untying the best traits to the initial Royal dynasty so my campaign isn't crippled when the main family refuses to reproduce or only has daughters

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Suggestions for shield decorations - all found in my previous post.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Horses

Paws and teeth

Celtic spearhead, iron, La Tene period, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, found on the bank of the Sava river in vicinity of Šabac, western Serbia. I'm still trying to get the info on the measurements, but if each of these rectangles is 1cm long, we're looking at about 50cm of spear!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Celtic spearhead, iron, La Tene period, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, found on the bank of the Sava river in vicinity of Šabac, western Serbia. I'm still trying to get the info on the measurements, but if each of these rectangles is 1cm long, we're looking at about 50cm of spear!

I wonder if it's melee spear or throwing javelin, or perhaps multi-functional one like angon.

When I see it, I hear "Stabby McStab Stab" in my head.

It would be really nice if the team were to write more unique descriptions for the buildings that fit with the faction i'm playing as.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; December 19, 2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    It would be really nice if the team were to write more unique descriptions for the buildings that fit with the faction i'm playing as.
    Why don't you write some? x)

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I'll just leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Does it make any sense at all to give Maiotian steppe cavalry three armor points and yet literally none of their riders are wearing helmets? I get that some of them are wearing chain mail, which is something at least, but a lot of them are just dudes in pants and shirts with no helmet on. Somehow that puts them one armor point below Lonchophoroi Hippeis! Each of whom not only all have helmets, but also lots of body armor for the torso and sometimes greaves on their legs. Give the Maiotian cavalry some helmets or something and this will make sense, or bump them down to two armor points if it's historically accurate for them to be without helmets. I know I've seen some Scythian artwork where it shows certain soldiers without helmets and others with helmets, but I'm not sure how historically faithful the Scythian/Greek artists who made these were being or if they were showing things idealistically or romantically. You know, like the silly heroic nudity of some warriors in Hellenistic and Roman frescoes and mosaics.

This is some general feedback, and propositions for the mod :

I have played EB II, for a number of hours and it is a truly amazing mod, really immersive, and quite addictive.

I have played a campaign as Rome for about 190 turns, really good fun, however a couple things bugged me:

_ the successor ancillary didn’t seem to work.

_ the battles against the Carthaginians played to trigger the Polybian reforms didn’t quite work. This might be due to the fact that a lot of these Carthaginian armies didn’t have generals, or that a number of them were battles against 2 medium sized armies, for a total of 12 or more, but not in a single army … In which, perhaps more detailed explanations in the PDF file provided could be of some use in the future…

Propositions for future iterations of the mod:

_ Could there be another secondary trigger to the Marian reforms between the first one and last trigger? For example having built 7 latinfundia in Italy and owning a number of regions from turn 600, automatically triggers the reforms ….

_ Elections in absentia ? : often the fact of always having generals sit in Rome waiting for the next election is kind of annoying, often I found my best generals spending more time doing petty politics than fighting. Historically Consuls would sometimes be elected in absentia (I believe Marius was one such consul), and the practise was only outlawed formerly in 70 BC. This could be a possibility to integrate in the mod, so that deserving generals (with high level traits) could still become consul without going to Rome, though this should be exceptional…

_ Rationalizing the government system, a bit : for example, looking at the PDF it seems that the Seleucids government seems very complex, and somewhat difficult to understand …. Perhaps some of the government systems could be slightly simplified or made easier to understand ….
    On that note I think that roman provinces should be able to recruit in the pre-Marian era, not a lot, but just enough to garrison like free cities, like a couple levees or velites to help adapt to public order changes …..

_ Also, another possibility is to be able to extend roman citizenship to regions outside of Italy, with very high requirements of course (such as 95% Mediterranean culture, a roman colony already present, ….)…..

_ more passages through the Caucasus and maybe the Alps (as they do seem a bit restrictive ….) but perhaps slower movement through the mountains? ….

That’s about it for now, to the EB2 team: keep up the good work, the mod is great and can still be greater…

Cheers.

( pro tip for phalanx use : I found phalanxes somewhat underwhelming when playing some custom battles, then I tried the old ‘overlapping’ technique, and they become very powerful: 4 phalanx units in 2, 3 or 4 ranks deep, grouped up and deployed in column formation (close the gaps between them) become quite powerful …).

Also, the fact that roman provinces don't grant a culture conversion bonus, but closely allied democracies and oligarchies do. It doesn't seems very consistent, I would have thought it would have been the other way around ....

Quote Originally Posted by Titus66 View Post
    Also, the fact that roman provinces don't grant a culture conversion bonus, but closely allied democracies and oligarchies do. It doesn't seems very consistent, I would have thought it would have been the other way around ....
    Allied Governments don't convert to Roman culture, they convert to Rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus66 View Post
    ( pro tip for phalanx use : I found phalanxes somewhat underwhelming when playing some custom battles, then I tried the old ‘overlapping’ technique, and they become very powerful: 4 phalanx units in 2, 3 or 4 ranks deep, grouped up and deployed in column formation (close the gaps between them) become quite powerful …).
    Phalanxes are quite powerful even without overlapping. Guard mode on, they're great barrier that can hold and exhaust multiple enemy high quality units without taking many casualties, allowing you to flank and outnumber the enemy elsewhere. With guard mode off, they are decent on offensive, but need to be supported from the flank if engaging high quality units.

Ah ok, that does make more sense. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Phalanxes are quite powerful even without overlapping. Guard mode on, they're great barrier that can hold and exhaust multiple enemy high quality units without taking many casualties, allowing you to flank and outnumber the enemy elsewhere. With guard mode off, they are decent on offensive, but need to be supported from the flank if engaging high quality units.
    Well in custom battle, I was testing the phalanxes against roman Polybian and Marian troops, who are very strong, and I found that the romans were often able to punch right trough the phalanx (especially in-between units) causing mayhem and casualties, however with overlapping phalangitai comfortably beat even cohors evocata.
    I also tested out phalangitai overlapping against AI controlled Agema Phalanx, and the phalangites won surpsisingly enough... (though not by much)...

I understand it isn't the proper way to use them, it is just remarkably effective...

Cheers.

Is this mod still being worked on? I heard so many praises of it so I tried it out and its terrible. The design choices make no sense. It plays more like an RPG. Why does it have to take so long to do anything in this game? The buildings arent even worth their cost, the city building screens are too cluttered with useless pre built things, the descriptions are terrible, too many redundant units, dont have all of the agents of the base game, the map is terrible, in look and design (why is there a port on the lake in northern Italy? Is it so the AI can waste money?) Conquest is slow and boring... the game is called TOTAL WAR, not TOTAL WAIT. Big battles often are fun, why does it take 100 real life hours to play a single game?
    I just want an enhanced R:TW experience on the Kingdoms.exe. It could be the greatest mod of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by narvi909 View Post
    Is this mod still being worked on? I heard so many praises of it so I tried it out and its terrible. The design choices make no sense. It plays more like an RPG. Why does it have to take so long to do anything in this game? The buildings arent even worth their cost, the city building screens are too cluttered with useless pre built things, the descriptions are terrible, too many redundant units, dont have all of the agents of the base game, the map is terrible, in look and design (why is there a port on the lake in northern Italy? Is it so the AI can waste money?) Conquest is slow and boring... the game is called TOTAL WAR, not TOTAL WAIT. Big battles often are fun, why does it take 100 real life hours to play a single game?
    I just want an enhanced R:TW experience on the Kingdoms.exe. It could be the greatest mod of all time.

I completely disagree with everything that you wrote but if you don't like the game you can either mod it yourself of play other mods like DBM or Paeninsula Italica.

That's not the goal of EBII, so I'm afraid you're looking at the wrong mod.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

It's so funny that I even suspect it's a prank.

Alright, I see. So this is why only four people are still playing this mod...