Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Hello, EB team.

I know you worked hard on your animations but I would ask if you could add the javelin throwing animation from Tsardoms TW.

It's the closest thing to the throwing animation in Rome tw in the Medieval 2 engine right now.

I think it's better because the units don't run forward to fire. That's because the javelineers in EB2 get bogged down when there is an enemy unit close.
    We already have access to a no-run-up javelin animation. The choice of the current one is deliberate; there's no way you could throw a javelin the ranges used from the shoulder alone.

If I could get one thing, it would be a figure in the UI that tells the management capability of a general/family member. It is such a hassle to manually keep track of who is able to run a problematic region.

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    If I could get one thing, it would be a figure in the UI that tells the management capability of a general/family member. It is such a hassle to manually keep track of who is able to run a problematic region.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15985927

I'm going to suggest in favour of maintaining the Pontus BG as heavy lancers, they're really useful.

EDIT : Also, why can't I recruit Armenian Cataphracts and Royal Archers in my new capital as Hayastan?

Shouldn't many nobles move there instead of staying in Armenia proper?

Were Armenians homesick in this period?
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; January 20, 2021 at 12:16 AM.

It might be worth putting some guidance here on this forum and maybe even in the game itself reminding people who install the mod to increase the resolutions for the campaign and battles from the defaults. It is something that is easy to forget to do. It makes a decisive difference to graphical quality and a has a big effect on the overall experience.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    This. There are 498 available slots for units, we have plans for all of them.

How many you up to now?

Thanks

Now I don't understand the details of the campaign AI as I haven't looked into the topic enough, but here's something I've noticed that's related to whether or not a faction decides to build up massive armies over time in their home province and not expand at all (at least not for a very long time) instead of attempting to expand at a sensible pace from the start: Factions that don't expand also don't seem to have vision of surrounding settlements many turns into the game (as revealed by exchanging map information). I must assume their spies have just been counting sheep on the nearby meadow ...

Might it be possible to give AI factions (not the player!) greater knowledge of surrounding settlements from the start? Might that help mitigate the issue of factions turning into nigh-unmovable yet also unmoving rocks?

Quote Originally Posted by khevlan View Post
    How many you up to now?

Thanks
    423, I believe (that includes fleets).

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    423, I believe (that includes fleets).
    Bloody hell really? So you've only got around 70 slots left??

Great work to get that high btw

Maybe being a Client Ruler should prevent you from doing mercenary service? I just hired a guy to run Areia and before I know it he's off being a mercenary for the next five years. Doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyak View Post
    Maybe being a Client Ruler should prevent you from doing mercenary service? I just hired a guy to run Areia and before I know it he's off being a mercenary for the next five years. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Agreed.

Are there plans to look into Parthia and its recruitment/unit roster? I haven't played them but from what I understand you basically can't recruit any horse archers in Iran. By contrast in my Saka Campaign I can recruit my native units as far West as Ecbatana/Hamadan, most settlements in the East of Iran and even in India by the Imperial reform period. As for their roster, I noticed several spaces for the Partho-Hellenic Thureophoroi and Parthian Cataphract Horse Archers and iirc Griphanvar, are these being added in the upcoming update? I've seen some of the other work on the twitter page and I was just wondering if those additions were in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    Are there plans to look into Parthia and its recruitment/unit roster? I haven't played them but from what I understand you basically can't recruit any horse archers in Iran. By contrast in my Saka Campaign I can recruit my native units as far West as Ecbatana/Hamadan, most settlements in the East of Iran and even in India by the Imperial reform period. As for their roster, I noticed several spaces for the Partho-Hellenic Thureophoroi and Parthian Cataphract Horse Archers and iirc Griphanvar, are these being added in the upcoming update? I've seen some of the other work on the twitter page and I was just wondering if those additions were in the cards.
    Parthia is working as intended, different factions work differently. You get horse archers from their nomadic governments, and by settling them with the Foreign Colony or Nomadic Enclave.

Any plans to bring back Grivpanvar?

Quote Originally Posted by Arshak I View Post
    Any plans to bring back Grivpanvar?
    Someone named Arshak I wants an even more terrifying version of Parthian Cataphracts?

Jokes aside, I would assume that's the case because of this entry in export_descr_units.txt

Gund i Spadhbed (Parthian Early Bodyguard)

Perhaps the Grivpanvar will be an upgraded bodyguard unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post

I do admit it would be interesting to see which factions are in the market for a reformed late bodyguard, Nabataea would definitely come to mind as being in dire need of an improved bodyguard, perhaps after going imp? Historically, which other factions would have evolved their bodyguards? (I know this is likely the least of the team's concerns right now but it is still an interesting thought).

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Someone named Arshak I wants an even more terrifying version of Parthian Cataphracts?

Jokes aside, I would assume that's the case because of this entry in export_descr_units.txt

Gund i Spadhbed (Parthian Early Bodyguard)

Would be interesting to have some interaction with an offmap China for Eastern factions like the Saka, Baktria or Parthia.
    Last edited by Big_guy_4_you; February 23, 2021 at 08:17 PM.

Notifications for events occurring in the far east and the Han envoy ancillary for the Saka already simulate these interactions to an extent.

I just encountered the first of these messages, "changes in the East", didn't realize they were in the mod.