Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

Default Re: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

i have a single corrupt file in my download
    Imperium_Romanum\data\BlockSet\Textures\roman1_large_city.texture

can any one upload it to me?

it is just small single file rather than downloading the whole mod again with slow internet

KEA's Avatar Senator

Here you go
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks you are awesome

My major complaint (and is not that big) so far is that the AI moves their armies without leaders, thus losing those nice bonuses... I agree with whoever said that you could add an AI mod.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    My major complaint (and is not that big) so far is that the AI moves their armies without leaders, thus losing those nice bonuses... I agree with whoever said that you could add an AI mod.
    There is no mod that can change this behavior. That's plain CA hard coded AI rubbish: the AI has no idea what to do with its family members and leaves them behind as garrisons for the cities while moving around armies commanded by captains. That's the same in Vanilla RTW, M2TW and all mods ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    There is no mod that can change this behavior. That's plain CA hard coded AI rubbish: the AI has no idea what to do with its family members and leaves them behind as garrisons for the cities while moving around armies commanded by captains. That's the same in Vanilla RTW, M2TW and all mods ever made.
    I'm aware of the rubbish AI and the lack of ways to solve it, that's why I don't think of it as a major complaint :p

Then again, it seems the behavious makes no sense ... Playing as Maximinus, the AI threw Gordian II, who is in Carthage, against Capellanus' superior forces just because. And they attacked from Asia into the Balkans with three armies, of which 2 were with a general.

Foederatus

I have a problem with launching pompei campign(first triumvirate) it's crash on finishing loading screen.
    Nope other scenarios doesn't work too.
    T&D, i had the same problem too. Do you install sub-mod like described in the top of the theme, i.e. just putting sub-mod in the mods folder? If yes, try install sub-mod over DBM (v.1.0), replacing initial files. I know it is strange, and KEA will say i'm wrong, but it works .

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    Then again, it seems the behavious makes no sense ... Playing as Maximinus, the AI threw Gordian II, who is in Carthage, against Capellanus' superior forces just because.
    Now, that at last was historical correct

And they attacked from Asia into the Balkans with three armies, of which 2 were with a general.
    Don't forget that the AI has the ability to "make" new family members out of the blue from its captain armies. It doesn't even need a battle for the "man-of-the-hour" promotion but just *plop* has a new general in that army. I think this was coded in in order to "mask" the bug that the AI as good as never uses it generals as generals.

why I choose a factions and start the game,but just back to desktop when has finished loading

I get CTD when I try to start any scenario. Is there any solution for this?

KEA's Avatar Senator

Most likely a corrupted download.

Has anyone successfully launched the game after installing from my Mega links? I just downloaded and re-uploaded the other links, and it looks fine, but I wanna be sure it isn't Mega screwing up somewhere, preferably without me needing to do another install.

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Has anyone successfully launched the game after installing from my Mega links? I just downloaded and re-uploaded the other links, and it looks fine, but I wanna be sure it isn't Mega screwing up somewhere, preferably without me needing to do another install.
    Mine installed and works fine, but I needed to download the entire folder as a zip, not each part separately. I got extraction errors when I downloaded each part individually.

What's the difference between the 2 Roman Legion units? Is one Republican era and the other Imperial era?
    Personally, I would rename the Roman Legion units to Republican Legion and Imperial Legion to avoid confusion, but it doesn't really matter.

The mod is great, my only real complaint is the music, but that's a DBM problem, and I'm in the process of changing the music to my preferences.

It would also be an idea to have some sort of Imperium_Romanum.exe installers sometime in the future to speed up the installation process.

This mod is gonna be a large part of my summer and I'm looking forward to it, kudos for making it KEA!
    Last edited by dalapto; May 19, 2015 at 05:23 AM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dalapto View Post
    What's the difference between the 2 Roman Legion units? Is one Republican era and the other Imperial era?
    It's rather cosmetical. The early legions wear chain, the later LS. The later legions have 1 point lesser armor and are slightly cheaper because of that. I didn't want Marian legions running around in LS. Historically, LS would only be accurate for the secnarios 09 and 10.

Personally, I would rename the Roman Legion units to Republican Legion and Imperial Legion to avoid confusion, but it doesn't really matter.
    I am planning with a different system that brings back the individual Legions for the post-Augustan period. But I am not entirely sure how that should work unit wise.

The mod is great, my only real complaint is the music, but that's a DBM problem, and I'm in the process of changing the music to my preferences.
    dunno, I have always music turned off in games.

It would also be an idea to have some sort of Imperium_Romanum.exe installers sometime in the future to speed up the installation process.
    I have tried, but after six hours of compiling I gave up. I think I have to clean it up before.

When i start a campaign the game crashes. What can i do??

KEA's Avatar Senator

Difficult to say without futher information. Try to download it a second time and make a fresh install.

Guys, check your error logs in the Medieval 2/Logs folder. There should be some obvious errors near the end, like "Error: line 1451 in the campaign_script references Gluteus_Maximus, no such name exists in names.txt!"
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; May 21, 2015 at 09:23 AM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

I think we can rule out such errors because the mod is running for the majority of people without trouble. In all cases of CTDs on game start there would be cases of either faulty install or bad downloads.

Yeah, it wouldn't be that kind of error, but it could still at least say which files are missing or corrupted, like that large city texture drng needed.
    Here, I just made a .rar with my fully working text folder, world/maps/base and campaign folders, and all the text and xml files in the data folder. It's only 87.6mb rared and 505mb unrared, but theoretically should contain any missing files that'd cause a crash at campaign start. Remember guys, that the campaigns intended to work are all custom campaigns you select by name, not the imperial grand campaign or w/e it's called.

https://mega.co.nz/#!po5glaxQ!4wlAh5...3tlj07wJkBkS4U

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

As to the AI not using generals in their armies... One work-around could be to create more named characters. These new named characters would be put within the settlements while the "real" generals and named characters with the armies are deployed outside. This may allow for more general v general battles as the AI have no governor vacant settlements. I do not know how successful such a thing would be however.

Anyway, thought I would rush this out so that I can claim to be first to make an AAR: Regal Purple