Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

I know well enough where to find the log. The problem is that this particular one is 20 megabytes big

then laying down on a clean DBM, with the replacement of files and enjoy ...

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    then laying down on a clean DBM, with the replacement of files and enjoy ...
    I can't believe it...
    Can you guys please stop giving nonsense advices for my mod? Thank you!

@ vikior
    I hope you really followed the install instructions of post #1 and not the other fancy install instructions that were posted by others in this thread?

As I've told you before, I've followed them to the letter. The installation of mods in general is no complicated business. The mod starts up just fine. The problem is that it crashes when it's loading a campaign. The loading bar fills completely, and then it crashes.

I forgive my intervention ... but installing your mod according to the instructions from the first post I have departures at the start of the campaign ... the same problem as many ... I sent you a log file - you laugh ...
    yes! perhaps my translator incorrectly translates... I am sorry
    Last edited by babay11; May 09, 2015 at 06:00 AM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

to clear this up: the files contain the entire mod folder, and I am starting the game from there every day without problems. You don't need any additional files. When you start doing fancy things like copying your DBM folder and extracting everything over it you will be causing trouble, because you most likely will not have the same DBM version as the one I had used as a base for this mod.

Well, after multiple reinstallations and redownloads, I decided to give the "copying over DBM" method a shot. Tried it. Mod works like clockwork.

Edit: I almost forgot.
    +rep for the mod
    It's really great

KEA's Avatar Senator

In this case you still got a corrupted download because all files needed are in the rars. So, expect to come alonge unmodded content that should had been modded.

This mod is really great. I haven't played far into any campaign, yet, mostly just looked around at everything in each of them, but it's very detailed and in some of the most famous historical periods, with all the details and people current to then. PI, EB, and base DBM are all excellent mods, but only historically accurate to much earlier periods, meaning if you want to play as Caesar with his legions, it'll be so far into the campaign that there's no way it'll be anywhere close to history by that point, but now it's doable, and with all the rich detail and polish it deserves.

As for installation, just downloading the mod and putting it in your Medieval 2/Mods folder is all it takes. It's a mod, not a submod. It does work doing that.
    It might run dropping it over the DBM folder, but you might as well drop it over a Third Age or Stainless Steel installation at that point, since it isn't even using the same folder name, so don't do that.

Please, another link to files, Gamefront isn't available for a lot of us ! Thank you ! And online free anonimous web ip seems to not working.....

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post

As for installation, just downloading the mod and putting it in your Medieval 2/Mods folder is all it takes. It's a mod, not a submod. It does work doing that.
    It might run dropping it over the DBM folder, but you might as well drop it over a Third Age or Stainless Steel installation at that point, since it isn't even using the same folder name, so don't do that.
    well the problem is that people thinks it is a submod base on (Based on DBM) I think the OP should clarify it. It kinda cause lots of confusing amongst the non-english speaking members or members who failed to read between the lines.
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

another issue (double post)

why do you upload on file-upload? Its slow and ineffective my computer says it needs 6 hours to download each of the segments why not put all the 500 MB files in gamefront?

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...art05.rar.html

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...art06.rar.html
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...art07.rar.html
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...art08.rar.html
    (george orwell 1984)

Great work as always KEA!!!

Libertus

this sounds amazing. but the links to download the first parts are unavailable.

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Yeah, I can't download the last 5. Could someone upload alternate links to MEGA or another site?
    Last edited by dalapto; May 13, 2015 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dalapto View Post
    Yeah, I can't download the last 5. Could someone upload alternate links to MEGA or another site?
    Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    No, I am not going to start everything over again only because some of you are too lazy to click on eight downloads links instead of a single one, or because the free hosters I had picked are not your favorite ones.
    nope he won't do it because we are too lazy to click on eight downloads instead of one, if you cannot handle it then you are a lazy azz
    (george orwell 1984)

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    Why not put all the 500 MB files in gamefront?

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    lel i know because you cannot find other free upload area where it offers highspeed downloads
    (george orwell 1984)

So, please, somebody who already downloaded this completely, make a torrent or give us another mirrors.....

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    well the problem is that people thinks it is a submod base on (Based on DBM) I think the OP should clarify it. It kinda cause lots of confusing amongst the non-english speaking members or members who failed to read between the lines.
    He does try to make that very clear. He says it's stand alone, and the install instructions make no mention of installing DBM first. He'd be wrong to not credit DBM and pretend it's all his original work, when 60% is by the DBM team and 40% is his changes.

Also, I could put all the parts on mega.co.nz if KEA doesn't mind.