Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

KEA's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

Yes. That's power dissollution. That way you don't have to conquer every village of an otherwise done for faction.

This feature simulates a surrender of a faction what otherwise usually doesn't happen in TW games.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

is there some script? for example: sulla will come back from east in 83?

Jiang Wei's Avatar Foederatus

Looks promising.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    is there some script? for example: sulla will come back from east in 83?
    No. Sulla is holding Rome and Picenum when the game starts and has the strongest Navy around. The player (or AI) is free to return him and as many soldiers as needed to Italy whenever it is required.

Hi, i'm having problem with starting campaign, each time it crashes, custom battle works fine, but i simply can't play the grand campaign

KEA's Avatar Senator

You have to select one of the provincial campaigns from the list.

I can't install this mod, this is ing

how can i install it please

KEA's Avatar Senator

Follow the instructions in the first post

Ashton's Avatar Semisalis

For god's sake i can't make it work! It crashes while loading the campaign

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Giant problem. I can't play campaign. After load it the game crashed. Always.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Downloaded and installed.
    Game loads. I can see campaigns. Try to run any campaign. Crashes before finishing. I can't play campaign.

Test1.
    First Triumvirate.
    Can't play Caesar. Can load Gauls! Gauls crash after minute of playing.

H.
    Last edited by Hanti; February 14, 2016 at 05:54 PM.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by vikior View Post
    As I've told you before, I've followed them to the letter. The installation of mods in general is no complicated business. The mod starts up just fine. The problem is that it crashes when it's loading a campaign. The loading bar fills completely, and then it crashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikior View Post
    Well, after multiple reinstallations and redownloads, I decided to give the "copying over DBM" method a shot. Tried it. Mod works like clockwork. (...)
    Rep for you! The idea is brilliant and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    (...)
    As for installation, just downloading the mod and putting it in your Medieval 2/Mods folder is all it takes. It's a mod, not a submod. It does work doing that.
    It might run dropping it over the DBM folder, but you might as well drop it over a Third Age or Stainless Steel installation at that point, since it isn't even using the same folder name, so don't do that.
    No and no. You can't drop it over Third Age or Stainless Steel to make it work, but for DBM it works perfectly. Perhaps, because it's de facto DBM-submod
    Just make sure to:
    1) make a spare copy of DBM first
    2) change the name of that copy to Imperium_Romanum
    3) install it over this prepared copy

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    I get nothing but a CTD. Do you need DBM installed first?
    YES.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Yeah, it wouldn't be that kind of error, but it could still at least say which files are missing or corrupted, like that large city texture drng needed.
    Here, I just made a .rar with my fully working text folder, world/maps/base and campaign folders, and all the text and xml files in the data folder. It's only 87.6mb rared and 505mb unrared, but theoretically should contain any missing files that'd cause a crash at campaign start. Remember guys, that the campaigns intended to work are all custom campaigns you select by name, not the imperial grand campaign or w/e it's called.

https://mega.co.nz/#!po5glaxQ!4wlAh5lufO1Bgf2i1Z6YzHph2iDdl3tlj07wJkBkS4U
    No. I tried it and it does not work.
    Fact, I downloaded 4 files from http://www.file-upload.net and 4 files from https://mega.co.nz but this data.rar did not help either.

Quote Originally Posted by lekseus View Post
    The trick is to install it on top of usual DBM.
    YES. Even DBM 1.0 is enough as a base.

And if someone will install it this way please look at this post too:

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    A little hotfix for battlemaps: In some regions I find the game more or less unplayable because of really bizzar battle maps with extreme hights. The problem comes from the DBM original strat map. Because of its rather small scale the tile from which a battlefield is generated can easily cover several very different levels of terrain heights even though these would be hundreds of kilometers apart in reality and that way never be part of the same battlefield. This in particular a problem when fighting is in Greece, where most of the action is going on in the scenarios 01, 06, and 08. Always deploying on 45° degree slopes, and worse, regardless how well you manouver can seriously ruin the gaming experience - at least for me. No sane commander would have fought on a ground like that. Not to mention what it does to the AI when it happens to be sitting downslope

Now, that's a rather radical sollution I can offer you with this hotfix. I have reduced the overall maximum terrain height to 1,000 (formerly 5,000+). The result is that the strat map is seriously flatted down. Now the Alps look like rolling hills. But that is purely cosmetical because the "mountains" are still impassable terrain. No real effect on the start part, but the effect on the battlefield is massive: because there are no more extreme hight differences on the start map, the battlemaps created don't show anything unusual.

Attachment 325183

installation: download this file and drop into each scenario folder prompting to override the existing version. You find the scenario folders at:

\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Imperium_Romanum\data\world\maps\campaign\custom

So you drop it into
    ....world\maps\campaign\custom\01_Marius_VS_Sulla
    ....world\maps\campaign\custom\02_Pompey_the_Great
    ....world\maps\campaign\custom\03_The_First_Triumvirate

and so on

After that you have to delete the file map.rwm in each of these scenario folders. Next time you start a campaign you'll notice a serious lag when map.rwm is regenerated.

I would suggest you test it with one scenario and when you like the change repeat for the others.

KEA, thank you for this mod. I really appreciate your work!

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Short impressions:

1. Some cities can train troops (13 turns to new unit). But even in that cities some units have 125 turns to start training, so they
    will be not trained. WAD or bug?

2. I really like those scenario and faction's descriptions. Very spicy!

3. The loading screens are pure nostalgic also. Great idea with hexes in total war game world

4. Many factions finance will collapse in few turns, which means if they train spies in first turn and later loose them, no more spies will be trained. Bad idea, IMHO. I would suggest stabilizing economy. There will be not many new troops because of 125 time of waiting for new units, but money should be available in at least small amount. I don't think all those leaders had empty purses.

5. Very enjoyable arrangement of scenario themes. I used to play Ageod's Alea Jacta Est game, so it's so nice to be able to test similar scenarios in different format.
    I am grateful there is possibility to play as Marcus Aemilius Lepidus - not many times I've seen this as option in games (not even once I think).

6. The battles are long. Nice and surprised. AI works (spearmen chase cavalry, opponent have reserves in rear). Strange thing was my cavalry couldn't catch infantry. Sometimes I think even heavy cavalry should be faster on field.

"Unlocalised" needs some attention. Only one or two units I think.
    Some buildings/units can get better names.
    I even did little editing myself:
    Latin "Comitia Curiata" instead of Italian "comizi curiati", "Comitia Populi Tributa" instead of "Comizi Tributi" etc.

Two Titus Divi Filius. WAD? Four Emperor's scenario.
    Those watchtowers could be smaller. They interfere visually with map. I didn't like that size in standard game either.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    1. Some cities can train troops (13 turns to new unit). But even in that cities some units have 125 turns to start training, so they
    will be not trained. WAD or bug?
    That's intended: that way you cannot train them but garrison them for free. There are only a few places where you can train units, the historical military centers. But you don't have to pay upkeep as long as you place units inside (Roman) towns. That simulates supply - as much as it is possible within the sphere of M2TW.

4. Many factions finance will collapse in few turns, which means if they train spies in first turn and later loose them, no more spies will be trained. Bad idea, IMHO. I would suggest stabilizing economy. There will be not many new troops because of 125 time of waiting for new units, but money should be available in at least small amount. I don't think all those leaders had empty purses.
    Some factions start with a marginal territory but huge armies, such as Sulla in the first scenario. The trick is to keep your units in towns as much as possible (see above). As soon as you go on campaign your purse will be drained drastically.

Two Titus Divi Filius. WAD? Four Emperor's scenario.
    That's Titus and Domitian, who's full name was Titus Flavius Domitianus. Unfortunately, Roman naming convention causes a bit of a headache for M2TW, so for the game they are two "Titus" faction heirs - and make it three Titus' adding their father Titus Flavius Vespasianus as faction leader.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for answer.
    There are some other things I've seen:

Iberian Scutati Heavy Spearman - no picture.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Retinues with no texts (as start of the scenarios).

The same flags (banners). One of them could be blue insted of red. Will be easier to spot own units

Scenario starts. 92 regions to conquer to win. 17 regions controlled. Means: 75 regions must be captured. Turns remaining: 11

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In relation to the victory conditions, you do not have to play to them. Personally I changed the dates so I have a few years to complete the objectives but if you rush (as your meant to since there is no point in trying to improve your settlements) then it is possible

KEA's Avatar Senator

Thanks for answer.

Retinues with no texts (as start of the scenarios).
    All ancillaries should have proper texts. What scenarios are these?

The same flags (banners). One of them could be blue insted of red. Will be easier to spot own units
    All 3-D graphics are by DBM. I wouldn't even know how to change that if I wished to (what I don't BTW. I usually have banners turned off).

Scenario starts. 92 regions to conquer to win. 17 regions controlled. Means: 75 regions must be captured. Turns remaining: 11
    You don't have to conquer each settlement, you just have to cause the collapse of the opposing faction by killing the other pretenders.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for answer.

Iberian Scutati Heavy Spearman - no picture.

It was strange enough. All texts entries were correct. I just load that picture and save it in the same place/format/name and it started to show itself in game.

Anyway, I want to say something about money balance in game. I would suggest rising funds or increasing recruiting costs (x5-10?) and decreasing upkeep costs (x10). AI factions do not understand policy of not fielding entire armies and go bankrupt right from the start.
    I just started scenario 4 as Caesar, and it's turn 4. Pompeius is bankrupt. All his armies are on the fields storming my "countryside".

About money:

About proper siege:

No free upkeep.

Unfortunately units form different parts of country do not have free upkeep in other cities. You can see Gallic army moved to Illyria.

Unlocalised placement text

Now, it's localised. I just changed {Illyrian_heavy_swordman} to {Illyrian_Heavy_Swordman} in export_units.txt.

Last edited by Hanti; August 26, 2016 at 03:55 PM.

frodo010595's Avatar Foederatus

Looks like an awesome Roman mod. Go Romans!

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Firstly: Thank you for this great mod! I played it quite a while and loved it so far!

I think its a pity, that all this beatiful legions, that are avalaibel are unused, i tried to make them usable, but failed. I'm no modder and dont have spare time to learn from the scrap. What would be great in my opinion: every roman faction should be able to recruit every legion, every legion should have a building where it can be recruitet, and the aux a seperate one. in battles the aux is the same for every roman faction why not the legions? At the scenario beginning all Legion HQs are built acordingly to the historic situation and with forthgoing expansion you can get new legions from the conquered provinces.

Maybe you KEA or some modder will consider this idea and make it happen as a sub mod for the sub mod!?

This is no criticism but just a presentation of an idea!
    Last edited by Bernardius; November 17, 2016 at 09:32 AM.
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...