Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

KEA's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer View Post
    As to the AI not using generals in their armies... One work-around could be to create more named characters. These new named characters would be put within the settlements while the "real" generals and named characters with the armies are deployed outside. This may allow for more general v general battles as the AI have no governor vacant settlements. I do not know how successful such a thing would be however.
    It's rather a matter of how the AI values its units and what is where on the priority list. In the first version of this mod, I had smaller field armies and more militia garrisons. The idea was that one or two epic battles could decide the war while you don't had to bother with garrisons.

But the first thing the AI did in each scenario was to disband its armies and sent those units to the remotest towns as garrisons. It then formed new armies out of the militias taken from the towns. Those armies, of course, were all commanded by captains. This made an extremely easy and boring game because with a single stack of proper field units you had no trouble whipping out all those militia armies. The reinforced garrisons then were not match either.

I was insofar able to deal with it by drastically raising the number of field armies and drastically reducing militia, that the AI now always has enough field units at hand, and never enough militia, to make armies mostly of field units only. But this did not change the general behavior of the AI. And the strongest unit the AI has in its arsenal is the general unit (even though cavalry is nearly useless in a town). I am pretty confident that if I would raise the number of family members the AI would start stacking them inside its towns. I have seen things like that happening both in RTW and M2TW.

Anyway, thought I would rush this out so that I can claim to be first to make an AAR: Regal Purple

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

This mod looks great! Unfortunately I've repped you too recently, KEA, so I'll just have to rep you again later for this wonderful work.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

This mod looks great! Unfortunately I've repped you too recently, KEA, so I'll just have to rep you again later for this wonderful work.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Thank you. Have fun with it.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have tried multiple times to get this to work but it still crashes whenever I try to start a new campaign. I tried redownloading it, reinstalling Medieval 2, and using both Steam and regular, but it will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    I have tried multiple times to get this to work but it still crashes whenever I try to start a new campaign. I tried redownloading it, reinstalling Medieval 2, and using both Steam and regular, but it will not work.
    The trick is to install it on top of usual DBM.

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

map.rwm stores the basic map information. When you delete it, it will be re-generated by the engine when you start a new campaign (that causes a huge lack BTW). You need to do so when you had made any changes to the tga files, descr_regions and the like basic map files. All map.rwm files in this download are the correct and recent ones, there is absolutely no need to delete them.
    Last edited by dalapto; May 27, 2015 at 05:45 AM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

map.rwm stores the basic map information. When you delete it, it will be re-generated by the engine when you start a new campaign (that causes a huge lack BTW). You need to do so when you had made any changes to the tga files, descr_regions and the like basic map files. All map.rwm files in this download are the correct and recent ones, there is absolutely no need to delete them.

@ Cicro
    Please upload your log. See here how to get the log: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14506239

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post

@ Cicro
    Please upload your log. See here how to get the log: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14506239
    Here it is.

https://www.mediafire.com/?24hchb3kbxe93fg

KEA's Avatar Senator

In that log, did you play as Caesar or as Pompey?

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    In that log, did you play as Caesar or as Pompey?
    Caesar.

KEA's Avatar Senator

The log ends when the script was about to move Pompey, what only happens when the player is Caesar. Could you please try again as Pompey

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

very interesting, ill give it a try!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Wow, the unit detail is amazing, If you had of had it out earlier I would never even have bought Rome2, excellent work guys
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KEA's Avatar Senator

NB that all units in this current version of this mod are from DBM.

Excellent work! It's very well to have multiple campaigns in different periods.

Unfortunately it is crashing before both battles and campaign (no metter which campaign was chosen). i double checked that i installed it right, however there were some errors during the extracting of the last 7 files. i will try to redownload later, but my suggestion is to upload it as a torrent file if you have the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker33 View Post
    Unfortunately it is crashing before both battles and campaign (no metter which campaign was chosen). i double checked that i installed it right, however there were some errors during the extracting of the last 7 files. i will try to redownload later, but my suggestion is to upload it as a torrent file if you have the opportunity.
    Yup, i have the same problem - crash when i try to start any campaign by any faction.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Certainly a bad download, please try again

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Did you guys try the mega download link or the others?