Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Grenadier View Post
    yes ofc i will mostly use the same models ,because well ,the uniforms and headgear where mostly the same the textures will do the work .
    i will change all eeropean units ,even some other nations like ottoman and native americans ^^ but well since i`m in the mood too play empire
    for a short time it will take some time ,no teasing it will come when it will come.

greetings BG o7
    Great, glad that you are back !
    If you plan on working on the Ottomans too, feel free to use the models from the Ottoman Realism Mod as much as you wish.

Many of the models are historically accurate, but not of high quality, being done by motivated and helpful amateurs ^^. But, I hope they can be a fine base on which to improve, if that can save you some time, and that'd give the ottomans both high-quality (I am really impressed by your work on European Units) and historically accurate models
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

yes ofc i will mostly use the same models ,because well ,the uniforms and headgear where mostly the same the textures will do the work .
    i will change all eeropean units ,even some other nations like ottoman and native americans ^^ but well since i`m in the mood too play empire
    for a short time it will take some time ,no teasing it will come when it will come.

greetings BG o7
    Great news! This mod is a dream come true for vanilla game and not only that.I've been playing empire realism lately with your middle units pack and it's amazing...I'm eagerly awaiting the new version!

Neron25's Avatar Foederatus

Is it compatible with Empire Realism mod? I think ER doesn't add new units, am i right?

Civis

Can I use it on my mod? its actually working take a look on it and maybe we can have a cooperation, because I want to edit some units:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/alexthespa...modcompilation

I want to make a reesking of green jakets to make some victorian unit for all nations.

Hi.. which file should I use? I am kind of confused

I use this with the Empire Realism mod (units_mid). Thanks

At what year should I begin using the middle unit file?

Hi, first of all thank you for this mod, which is by far the best reskin for ETW imho.

I just noticed a small bug on the early unit textures. Line infantry of Netherlands, Poland Lithuania and minor nations looks like it still has the gloss maps from vanilla. Their faction color just covers part of their uniform, with the same design as vanilla's jackets.

I checked the texture files, and it seems that the line infantry diffuse.dss from these nations doesn't come with their own gloss and normal maps. Guess they share it with the euro_line_infantry_diffuse.dds which is common to all minor nations.

I tried to edit the euro_line_infantry_gloss.dds but it didn't change anything. Also tried to change the vanilla gloss maps for line infantry in models.pack, and it is still the same...

Is there any way to fix it ? Thanks in advance !

Quote Originally Posted by yolo75 View Post
    Hi, first of all thank you for this mod, which is by far the best reskin for ETW imho.

I just noticed a small bug on the early unit textures. Line infantry of Netherlands, Poland Lithuania and minor nations looks like it still has the gloss maps from vanilla. Their faction color just covers part of their uniform, with the same design as vanilla's jackets.

I checked the texture files, and it seems that the line infantry diffuse.dss from these nations doesn't come with their own gloss and normal maps. Guess they share it with the euro_line_infantry_diffuse.dds which is common to all minor nations.

I tried to edit the euro_line_infantry_gloss.dds but it didn't change anything. Also tried to change the vanilla gloss maps for line infantry in models.pack, and it is still the same...

Is there any way to fix it ? Thanks in advance !

@yolo75 maybe issue with another mod ,i will test it this weekend and fix it by demand,otherwise you could copy the basic gloss file and rename it with the unit`s name ^^

@yolo75 maybe issue with another mod ,i will test it this weekend and fix it by demand,otherwise you could copy the basic gloss file and rename it with the unit`s name ^^
    Ok, thank you a lot ! And congrats for helping and answering so fast after all these years

Any Informations about new version of this mod ? :>

golfthai's Avatar Libertus

@Bavarian Grenadier
    Sorry to dig such an old thread. But the latest version link is down. http://www.mediafire.com/download/82...nhanced_p1.rar

Quote Originally Posted by golfthai View Post
    @Bavarian Grenadier
    Sorry to dig such an old thread. But the latest version link is down. http://www.mediafire.com/download/82...nhanced_p1.rar
    hi golfhai sry for late response ,that file was an patchfile that is now intergrated in the main file

I'll check my old files but I don't think I kept this one. If I have it I'll send you the file.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

golfthai's Avatar Libertus

@Bavarian Grenadier
    Which one is the main file? am kind of confused here.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneTS View Post
    At what year should I begin using the middle unit file?
    Hi BG, first - your mod looks really great!

I have same question as ReneTS here - at what year should I begin using the middle unit file? Thank you.

FERRDO's Avatar Laetus

This mod is amazing, I love a good vanilla reskin, and this checks all the boxes. Especially modifying unit cards also!

Is the development ongoing? Are the DL links from the opening post the most up-to-date?

Quote Originally Posted by FERRDO View Post
    This mod is amazing, I love a good vanilla reskin, and this checks all the boxes. Especially modifying unit cards also!

Is the development ongoing? Are the DL links from the opening post the most up-to-date?
    hi FERRDO

to be honest ,making skins for all periods never ends , the Problem was ,that i was so busy in RL this year ,poor nightmare
    actually im testing around with units for the starting date ( spanish war of succession ) ,and if i may find some spare freetime this year rework the whole packs .
    and for all the othere gentleman here who like my units, many thanks o7

can u update the download link for this thread. I really like the skins in this mod.

small patch incoming

(all nations) reworked/fixed textures and glossfiles for following units

-line infantry
    -expat infantry
    -grenadiers bearskin
    -grenadiers mitre
    -light cavalry
    -light dragoons
    -dragoons
    -officer 1 & 2
    -militia
    -privincial cavalry
    -minuteman

installation:
    its an movie file so simply drop in your games DATA folder it will overwrite related files ,no activation vie mod manager needed .

pls enjoy BG

http://www.mediafire.com/download/82...nhanced_p1.rar

some pics:

I would really love if you can update the download link for this patch

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast