Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

Default Re: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

There are probably just 2 things that irk me with the mod, everything else looks beautiful
    1. Austrian line infantry look almost identical to Spanish line infantry (white coats w/ red facings). (The Prussian and US infantry also look strikingly identical)
    2. The yellow/gold facings on the British infantry and guards look rather odd out of the French and Indian War scenario, if they were a more "generalized" time period color such as white, like in Pirates of the Caribbean, or blue, like in The Patriot, that would look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfire View Post
    There are probably just 2 things that irk me with the mod, everything else looks beautiful
    1. Austrian line infantry look almost identical to Spanish line infantry (white coats w/ red facings). (The Prussian and US infantry also look strikingly identical)
    2. The yellow/gold facings on the British infantry and guards look rather odd out of the French and Indian War scenario, if they were a more "generalized" time period color such as white, like in Pirates of the Caribbean, or blue, like in The Patriot, that would look awesome!
    hi rawhire ,

at first thx for your commendation well the good old problem with choice for colourisation of turnbacks & facings ,believe me it can drive you in madness on historical subjects within 18th century.
    Otherwise you have given me a good idea for the next unit pack ,maybe i should release alternative colour textures for the main troop types at this for example i`would need the blue facings and turnbacks
    for the royal welsh fusiliers

actually i`m working on an unitpack for early and early midcampaign gameply because this mixup of very early mid and very late(stupid dlc`s) units really breaks the immersion for me so i will set all units ,inclusive the dlc ones in too one standard (1715-1750).

greetings BG

some screens of my present experiment (britain) all european nations included status 65 % done

Last edited by Bavarian Grenadier; May 28, 2016 at 09:27 AM.

OMG, it's the CLONE army!!!

Seriously, it's really looking good there, Bavarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Akarios View Post
    OMG, it's the CLONE army!!!

Seriously, it's really looking good there, Bavarian.

well yes i know it has its generic taste ,but too be honest it is very harsh made because i want too play that damn thing not too mod it ,but every unit mod its so focused on a specific nation and mostly late period ,and then the rest look like that abandoned vanilla .so for minor tweaks and mods i`m in need of 1715-1750 &1750-1790 units which i prefer too play for stabillity reasons.
    my plan is too develop a raw version first (complete) then it can be updated modular . aside from that in my opinion the most immersion comes from textures not the model ,because the uniform layout mostly was the same ,with the excepction
    of headdress ,hat`s and that one differrent placed lace button
    Last edited by Bavarian Grenadier; May 28, 2016 at 07:52 PM.

Don't know how that could be done, to change the unit's appearance all of a sudden when hitting a certain year!

But then again I'm not a digital artist and I don't know how long it would take to make my own textures. I'd love to though.

My all time favorite retexture mod was Sir Caesar's Retextures, they basically kept the vanilla line infantry model and style but he gave an amazing face-lift (quite literal), with basically, in my opinion, the perfect 18th century general representation of British line infantry (he doesn't have an actual picture of it in his thread, but he does have one of the US line infantry, British look just like those only w/ reverse colors.

However, all his work, save for the very few scraps he recovered and reposted, got deleted. The only way for me to get these textures is through Darthmod (which I hate to death for many lengthy reasons I will not post here) and Minor Factions Revenge. In MFR, I actually found the retexture file and applied it separately via modmanager, but it came with a post-processing tweak that kills my frame rate and sometimes absolutely destroys my visibility. If only I could find a way to extract Sir Caesar's drop-dead gorgeous textures from the IT_Retexture.pack file, but alas I am clueless

Don't know how that could be done, to change the unit's appearance all of a sudden when hitting a certain year!

But then again I'm not a digital artist and I don't know how long it would take to make my own textures. I'd love to though.

My all time favorite retexture mod was Sir Caesar's Retextures, they basically kept the vanilla line infantry model and style but he gave an amazing face-lift (quite literal), with basically, in my opinion, the perfect 18th century general representation of British line infantry (he doesn't have an actual picture of it in his thread, but he does have one of the US line infantry, British look just like those only w/ reverse colors.

However, all his work, save for the very few scraps he recovered and reposted, got deleted. The only way for me to get these textures is through Darthmod (which I hate to death for many lengthy reasons I will not post here) and Minor Factions Revenge. In MFR, I actually found the retexture file and applied it separately via modmanager, but it came with a post-processing tweak that kills my frame rate and sometimes absolutely destroys my visibility. If only I could find a way to extract Sir Caesar's drop-dead gorgeous textures from the IT_Retexture.pack file, but alas I am clueless

well sir ceasars textures are good but really late period ´ i prefer too have some kind of early mid looking units for early campaign but I´m also planning a late period unit pack somewhat generic of course .
    too manage the appearance of different unit types is rellatively easy , when hitting certain year simply drop another unitpack over the old one which is named the same, and once activated with mod manager it will replace the old ones.

I´ve made fast attempt yesterday how late units could be done it cost me 5 minutes but thats the concept british line

Last edited by Bavarian Grenadier; May 30, 2016 at 09:07 AM.

RIP my darthmod just for trying this mod,I forget how to play in vanilla lol XD

Good looking textures,you a fine damn artist I must say.Good job
    and g.luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Grenadier View Post
    well sir ceasars textures are good but really late period ´ i prefer too have some kind of early mid looking units for early campaign but I´m also planning a late period unit pack somewhat generic of course .
    too manage the appearance of different unit types is rellatively easy , when hitting certain year simply drop another unitpack over the old one which is named the same, and once activated with mod manager it will replace the old ones.

I´ve made fast attempt yesterday how late units could be done it cost me 5 minutes but thats the concept british line

That looks almost perfect!

One question though, I doubt if I'll ever have the time or patience to take it up as a hobby, but where would I start if I wanted to create or edit my own soldier textures?

That looks almost perfect!

One question though, I doubt if I'll ever have the time or patience to take it up as a hobby, but where would I start if I wanted to create or edit my own soldier textures?
    hi rawhire i´ve personally started with the tuts from bethencourt & wangrin they were and are to this day my reference at many objects .the rest is many research trough the modding workshop.primary needed attribute
    is patience

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-I-use-them

Oh wow. Thanks for that information, now I know. It's a bit higher than my understanding I'd need a tutor or I'd have to shadow somebody if I were to ever start making texture mods

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    some screens of my present experiment (britain) all european nations included status 65 % done

Awesome skins BG! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to deploy these guys on the field!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawker08 View Post
    Awesome skins BG! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to deploy these guys on the field!!
    thx mate glad too hear

some early prussians

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Good work!

Plebiean's Avatar Foederatus

ddaaaaammmnnnn niiicceee !! this mod should get more recognition. Definitely looking forward to the updates !

Keep up the good work, BG. I can't wait for your next update. Yours are some of my favorite textures. I love what you did with the dragons and even the artillery.

Are the minor factions' uniform colors authentic? I have only run into Portugal's so far in my campaign and they looked pretty good in their light gray jackets. I was wondering if others like Venice and Würrtemberg are wearing period-authentic colors instead of magenta and brown

Quote Originally Posted by rasnow94 View Post
    Keep up the good work, BG. I can't wait for your next update. Yours are some of my favorite textures. I love what you did with the dragons and even the artillery.

Are the minor factions' uniform colors authentic? I have only run into Portugal's so far in my campaign and they looked pretty good in their light gray jackets. I was wondering if others like Venice and Würrtemberg are wearing period-authentic colors instead of magenta and brown

hi rasnow94 & thx

well at the moment i`m working on 3 periodic unit pack`s just for the fun maybe even an very early pack (1700-1715) .I`ve also planned working on some of the minor factions as well ,but first i need a raw pack ,which then can be expanded .
    i will see what my spare freetime will let me do on the first release

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I look forward to seeing your new periodic unit packs and minor factions packs, when you have sufficient spare time

Hey Bavarian Grenadier! Your mod is awesome! Got a couple of questions, though:

First: Is there a way to disable the expat infantry? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them, but playing Darhmod 7 they end up having low numbers compared with the others. Having them removed altogether instead of getting the AI build them would go a long way in helping the balance.

Second: Is there any Ottoman update in the making? Back in the day I used Remo's Ottoman Retexture v3, but it's gone from the forums, and from my HDD as well. Would gladly have any skin pack you make installed, for its the very best I've seen here.

Thanks, mate, you've made this game worth playing again!

Just wanted to pop in and say my thanks, started playing ETW again with a bunch of mods including yours - really loving the look.

Also the 1715-1750 pack is looking great, can't wait to try it.

Here is a challenge for you, BG:

Highland infantry.

That is all. Best of luck.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast