Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

Default Re: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

Oh wow, it's right there in the readme

Just goes to show how much I pay attention. Still, though, thanks for pointing it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Grenadier View Post
    @ Spongy there is a small data file in the pack which adds a units exlusive faction entry for british grenadiers in custum battles they are both available

@ Rawfire thx mate, as for the UP colours,it was an result of the custom normalmaps that they were darker , next release will change that back too vanilla style ^^

I'm still enjoying your mod, Bavarian Grenadier, so no rush on your progress! But out of curiosity do you suppose the UP colors will be fixed by New Year's?

I'm still enjoying the mod, Bavarian Grenadier, so no rush on your progress! Out of curiosity, though, do you suppose the United Provinces colors will be fixed by New Year's?

small patch incoming

(all nations) reworked/fixed textures and glossfiles for following units

-line infantry
    -expat infantry
    -grenadiers bearskin
    -grenadiers mitre
    -light cavalry
    -light dragoons
    -dragoons
    -officer 1 & 2
    -militia
    -privincial cavalry
    -minuteman

installation:
    its an movie file so simply drop in your games DATA folder it will overwrite related files ,no activation vie mod manager needed .

pls enjoy BG

http://www.mediafire.com/download/82...nhanced_p1.rar

some pics:

Last edited by Bavarian Grenadier; November 19, 2015 at 07:01 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thanks Bavarian Grenadier, I have downloaded your new version and look forward to trying it. The textures look very impressive. It looks like you are continuing to improve the unit cards (I noticed the improved Line Infantry unit card in these new screenshots) as well as the textures we see on a battlefield.

A very good update, BG. The line infantry (better hats also) look a lot better than the previous release version. However I feel torn between this one and the texture mod for AUM. Probably mostly because of some color choice.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=500653574 I guess the yellow button facings look odd to me post revolutionary war

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=560129487 here I obviously think your faces are better but there's something about it I think is really good (note the white outline at the top of the hats, French have yellow) Though I'll admit that the French and British units in this mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/aum/downlo...aphics-pack-17 are not as improved looking as others like the U.S. and Prussians http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=560512662 and http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=560512997 Also, he modified the ship textures too! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=560513083

*I meant to say yellow button facings looked odd post French and Indian War

Your mod is the best of what has been done for Empire a long time!!! + rep.
    Keep up the good work!

Why? Because so often modders just concentrate to a one nation only and you have to use a lot of different mods to play. This means that all the units look too different.

Some ideas and questions:
    I personally loved the british mitre caps, are they now replaced with bear skins?

Do you use different textures for the british colonial militia, highlanders, east india company? Also can you remove the hay from their mouths? (update more faces)

thx gentleman for your response will definitely continue so every suggestion helps ^^

Mate, your work is awesome, finally a super good mod for unit without add new one and stuff !
    Improve greatly experience and visual fun of the game.

It would be great if you could remake the republic conscripts with something more 18th century authentic, they look so poor in their vanilla model !

Keep up the good work
    https://soundcloud.com/bmch

This mod seems AAAAAAAWESOME!!!!! All I've ever wanted since Empire was released AGES ago! Thanks, thanks, A BIG THANKS to you, man, you've just made a grown man feel like a kid again!

Hey, I downloaded the game and your mod, now I'm trying to activate it, but with no success. Could somebody please help me to activate it by making a step-by-step solution, with hints and links to necessary stuff and that kind of thing? I would really appreciate that.

Is that mod still alive?

Hey Bavarian Grenadier! Any update coming soon? btw the most recent patch for this mod is lost. I noticed almost all posts from Dec 26-Jan 12 are gone from the whole site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Edward View Post
    Is that mod still alive?
    Don't worry its still alive, patch 1.1 got deleted by a site bug as I stated above.
    BG's probably working on his next big update.

Civis

Greetings Bavarian Grenadier, first off I wanted to say that you have done a wonderful job in your mod and the units look great.
    I am a huge fan of Empire total war and believe it still is the best total war game because all of the mods and Hosted Modifications, But there is still one major aspect that never really happened and that was the Musket and Bayonet models for the troops. some moders did create a mod, but it was either never completed or it was implemented into another game. My question is, is it possible for you to somewhat make the musket/bayonet texture and modal better for the game. Its very frustrating to see your units and many others with very ugly dull dark muskets with what looks like a bayonet on the end lol. Could you possibly make the wood more realistic looking, and make all the metal pieces shiny and also make the bayonet much more intimidating? I hope you please consider this and if you need any help just message me. I hope to hear some good news, because Empire total war is almost dead because everyone has went to the newest games. Thank you so much.

To confirm the proper installation of patch 1.1, it says all you need to do is drag it to the data file. Is this correct, or should we rename it and install it via the mod manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    To confirm the proper installation of patch 1.1, it says all you need to do is drag it to the data file. Is this correct, or should we rename it and install it via the mod manager?
    It's a movie type(it's automatically activated with the main mod). Just drag and drop to the data folder and it'll work.

Hey BG! how's the update? any teaser?

Vamandrac's Avatar Foederatus

Lovely work!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast