Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Default Re: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

I see! Well it still looks great! All the best
    Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC (24 June 1850 – 5 June 1916), was an Irish-born British Field Marshal and proconsul who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I wonder what the US minutemen will look like?

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    I wonder what the US minutemen will look like?
    well this unit isnt my greatest priority (since american revolution is way late in timeframe) i really wonder by the way why CA hasnt made a american war of independence addon ,lost opportunity on that side
    but I´ve have fixed the tricorn glitch it was placed on different positions on the model and ofc the scots beani is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Grenadier View Post
    well this unit isnt my greatest priority (since american revolution is way late in timeframe) i really wonder by the way why CA hasnt made a american war of independence addon ,lost opportunity on that side
    but I´ve have fixed the tricorn glitch it was placed on different positions on the model and ofc the scots beani is gone

Thanks looks great you've done a lot of CA's unfinished work on Empire Total War for sure.

Napoleon Total War was originally going to be an stand-alone expansion for Empire Total War and its features would be moved over to Empire like Napoleonic Units, diplomacy features and so on but I guess CA couldn't be bothered to do and leave Empire unfinished.

I also forgot the Royal Navy captains and Admirals work blue coats instead of red is it possible you could fix this as if you see the in intro of Empire Total War the British Captain you see is wearing a blue coat.

I've seen the redcoat and US Line Infantry from your Line-Infantry mod look a lot better than the ones in his mod however I think the Redcoat Line Infantry should be given white pants instead of red, white or yellow shirt and if possible black boots as it looks better also they would be matching the Grenadiers alongside them in this mod.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by jackwei; May 29, 2015 at 05:38 PM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6h...e_enhanced.rar

new line infantry concept ,its a movie file so simply drop in data folder it overwrites correspondenting files

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Great work These guys are far better than the vanilla ones!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6h...e_enhanced.rar

new line infantry concept ,its a movie file so simply drop in data folder it overwrites correspondenting files

Thanks I am enjoying your textures than those other mods besides IS ROTR as I can play a stable game with no crashes at all now and those continentals really do a lot many of the others from mods and the British Infantry look great took thanks.

Is there any chance of giving the Black Watch some yellow colourings instead of the blue vanilla on their jacket and will you work no naval crews later on as CA should've fixed that!!

@ jackwei & quintus hortensius thank you guys ,they were more of an side product of testing some things out so i always will share as i have secretly in mind that the average
    empire player can handle the gamefiles it must be so otherwise it would be difficult too enjoy this game

@ jackwei as for scots foot they are more or less historical correct in vanilla ,for navy officers fix i must think about a concept here because only revamping the british navy seems unfair my goal is that all nations get the same attention
    even when only shoot at them

@ jackwei & quintus hortensius thank you guys ,they were more of an side product of testing some things out so i always will share as i have secretly in mind that the average
    empire player can handle the gamefiles it must be so otherwise it would be difficult too enjoy this game

@ jackwei as for scots foot they are more or less historical correct in vanilla ,for navy officers fix i must think about a concept here because only revamping the british navy seems unfair my goal is that all nations get the same attention
    even when only shoot at them

I guess I was thinking about this picture about the Black Watch charge at the battle of Bushy Run in 1763 but I agree the they're historically correct with the blue in the redcoat jacket and yes of course every naval crew needs fixed.

interesting drawing saw something similar in one of my osprey /raid book`s so much could be be done ,the greatest problem for me if i would make a total converstion or something like that ,would be too choose the period thats why i centre on mid era atm for gaining skills and fiddle with the files ^^ these stupid late and napoleonic dlc units drive me insane gg
    Last edited by Bavarian Grenadier; May 30, 2015 at 07:27 PM.

interesting drawing saw something similar in one of my osprey /raid book`s so much could be be done ,the greatest problem for me if i would make a total converstion or something like that ,would be too choose the period thats why i centre on mid era atm for gaining skills and fiddle with the files ^^ these stupid late and napoleonic dlc units drive me insane gg
    Then again that is mid-era you say as this picture at the end of the seven years war plus I think the Black Watch in those colours would match the rest of the British textures in your Enhancement mods as it looks strange with all the units similar looking except the odd one the that unit of Black Watch I found more picture with an even better description.

fixed collar drag and drop movie file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wt...r_britain.pack

Last edited by Bavarian Grenadier; May 30, 2015 at 10:58 PM.

fixed collar drag and drop movie file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wt...r_britain.pack

Thanks the whole pack looks pretty unique now it really feels like the seven years war.

I wonder if there is a way for France to change textures on its units when it turns into the Republic in the campaign?

Thanks the whole pack looks pretty unique now it really feels like the seven years war.

I wonder if there is a way for France to change textures on its units when it turns into the Republic in the campaign?

well i`m working on a solution for that atm ,in advance it is possible but i must find a method without too much gameplay changes .Some kind of (basic)late era infantry like the elite light brigades because that subject bother me myself in vanilla game,to be honest i never play past 1770 because of that IS covers britain and france but i prefer austria
    Last edited by Bavarian Grenadier; May 31, 2015 at 10:59 AM.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

It is possible through units_to_gov_types_conversion_jcts tables.
    It define unit conversion if regime change.
    Last edited by wangrin; May 31, 2015 at 03:22 PM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

well i`m working on a solution for that atm ,in advance it is possible but i must find a method without too much gameplay changes .Some kind of (basic)late era infantry like the elite light brigades because that subject bother me myself in vanilla game,to be honest i never play past 1770 because of that IS covers britain and france but i prefer austria
    After IS will have Beth's mod for the Napoleonic Wars too which looks impressive and did you say earlier there could be a way to research late units in in-game to replace the old ones as I know the IS did it but there was some bug for the British which will be fixed in the next release and about the revolution you could have a strange campaign when France loses its capital to a foreign power or it decides to have a revolution then the Republic comes alive early with these units.

You were saying in another post that maybe in the future you will have a later Line-Infantry and so on textures in your mod that could be fitted into research for an example in 1769 the British Army started to change completely in terms of clothing compared to the Seven Years War Era I hope in the future you have time for this but at some point I will have to get myself involve in this modding as there is much I think I could do I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    It is possible through units_to_gov_types_conversion_jcts tables.
    It define unit conversion if regime change.
    I know your IS team has been working on this very well and it good to know there are ways to do it is it very complicated as I've been DB Editor to remove parts from mods I don't like as well and there was mod called Bayonets Of The Republic that did that and some very early mod released from Empire that allowed the units to change when you become a republic. Thanks for your advice as always cannot wait for IS to be finish and thanks for keeping ETW modding alive guys!!

they would look great for britain, in 1768-1773, even in the boston massacre, the 29th where still wearing the old 1751 coat, but with white trousers and short black covers for there shoes, even at the battle of bunker the grenadiers, where wearing the old pre seven years war trousers, with the 1768 royal warrent clothing coat, they also where wearing the old mitre caps, before the bearskin caps where

It does look weird fighting the Americans in the campaign wearing the seven years war attire and I can't use the American Revolution Mod as it has files missing when you download it anyway here are some screens just incase you do an alternative British redcoat textures.

The only changes needed would be the officer having white pants, Grenadiers back to vanilla except yellow facings instead of blue and the Redcoat Line Infantry could be any one of these textures here and I know I shouldn't be bothering you but I think it would be cool.

Great work and very nice units!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast