Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

Icon3 Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

Early Units 1.1

installation :its a movie file, so simply put in your Steam\SteamApps\common\EmpireTotalWar\data folder ,after certain ingame year simply remove

included are:
    -line inf -expat inf -grenadiers -foot arty -dragoons & regiment of horse -provincial cavalry -militia

Download
    : http://www.mediafire.com/file/jsc11b..._enh_early.rar

Download Mid_Units_1.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ecmlt...ts_enh_mid.rar

installation :its a movie file, so simply put in your Steam\SteamApps\common\EmpireTotalWar\data folder

Expat. Infantry Unlock File

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

UPDATE_POST:

greetings gentleman,

when playing around with minor mod`s ,those who dont add any units too the game the problem is everytime the same.
    Compared too the DLC units the vanilla ones look like homeless deserters so i`ve tryed a quick attempt
    too make them look more equal too the dlc ones , for esthetic reasons.the fancings are now changed too a more historical
    once which where present in mid period for the most regiment`s .really untouched for now is the artillery because i`ve
    been too busy but i have some historical recoulouring in mind especially for the main factions when i get some freetime.
    pls keep in mind this is only for vanilla etw so i dont know about any mod compatibility ,but if someone is willing too incooperate them
    in his own mod or mod of choice pls feel free too do so ^^

As my main goal was only too add some umprovisational curled hairs and fix some vallia glitches this is now what i`ve ended up

list of units who recieved changes more or less extensive.

-croatian grenzers
    -elite light inf
    -dragoons
    -expat inf
    -american rangers
    -minutemen
    -general and staff
    -grenadiers bearskin
    -grenadiers mitrecap
    -guard inf
    -heavy cav
    -hungarian hussars
    -hussars
    -austrian jeagers
    -lancers
    -light cav
    -light dragoons
    -light inf
    -line inf
    -marines (well these lads only using one texture thats odd )
    -militia inf
    -all musicians
    -all officers
    -provincial cav
    -prussian jeagers
    -regiment of horse
    -superior line inf

some screens:

fixed general with replaced heavy cavalry

new line infantry

new grenadiers

new expat/foreign infantry

prussian jeagers

austrian jeagers and border patrol

light infantry

guard infantry

superior line infantry (factional facings added and ofc belts !!!!!!!!!!!gg)

milita

regiment of horse

too be continued...

for any glitches or ideas pls give an account of it

with regards , BG
    Last edited by Bavarian Grenadier; February 12, 2018 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !

Extremely well done. It looks wonderful and it is good to see well made mods still are getting released for empire.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Great work! You are really talented in changing unit textures

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

thank you gentleman for the goods words ,

well since i know that the frenchise will turn in some kind of fantasy vaporware , I´m even more motivated too gain some skills at empire modding if only my time budget wouldn`t be so small
    But they are hard times for serious gaming these days so we all have much time too make these buggy mess of an game much more enjoyable

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Well done (+rep)!

small progress update trying to make more individual mitre caps

PS: update will come these days with fully recoloured arty and revamped line inf

This is certainly good news. Always a joy to see when people do such great work. Me as a swede can however not resist to post a few suggestions about the swedish army.

The artillery would in the begining of the 18th century wear these kind of uniforms:

The mitre cap of the grenadiers would look something like this:
    Both these uniforms are from the begining of the 1700 hundreds when Charles XII ruled sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    This is certainly good news. Always a joy to see when people do such great work. Me as a swede can however not resist to post a few suggestions about the swedish army.

The artillery would in the begining of the 18th century wear these kind of uniforms:

The mitre cap of the grenadiers would look something like this:
    Both these uniforms are from the begining of the 1700 hundreds when Charles XII ruled sweden.

@thx Anakonda

for your suggestion its really funny because I´ve read about the russian,saxon and polish campaign of karl VII a month ago,great king and commander.Sweden had really great potential in the 18th century.
    as for the skinns the problem is `that `ve to choose a period so my focus is on mid period atm so sweden is more of an prussian style ,but i`ve often thought about early era uniforms but then the game must start at 1680 or so too befenfit longer from them.pls notice this isnt going too be all 100 % historical accuracy i`m only impatient on waiting for some of the great mods out there so this is more of an improvised eye candy source

Thank you for your answer and i can hardly wait to see what it all will look like in the end. By prussian style i suppose you mean the uniforms of the Seven years war?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Thank you for your answer and i can hardly wait to see what it all will look like in the end. By prussian style i suppose you mean the uniforms of the Seven years war?
    yes some years before the seven years war my additional changes are based fromm 1735 onwords too 1780 since here hastn changed that much except in the swedish army with these guys dont understand what happend here in the swedih military hehe

Well those uniform where pretty much standard when Gustaf III was king. Pretty much the entire royal society freaked out then. Gustaf III is sometimes called the theatre king and introduced many new cermonies in the swedish court. For example the highest noblemen in the country would begin the day by conversing with the king while got dressed.
    Gustaf III was pretty much what we in modern terms would call a sissy. He considered himself to be very cultured and could spend entire days watching and playing theatre. Even the nobles at the time sometimes felt he was a bit feminim. So something tells me he enjoyed those uniforms very much Here is a picture of the king by the way. He is dressed in a so called Ekolsundsdräkt wich he introduced in the court in 1772. It was only allowed to be worn by people specialy chosen by the king himself.

Last edited by Anakonda; May 17, 2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Adding a picture of the king.

Icon2 Re: Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations !Update!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jx...a_enhanced.rar

new file include

-redone line infantry
    - expat infantry
    -more individualisation on grenadiers
    -recoloured garisson.foot and horse artillery
    -sepoy uniform changed
    -many visual fixes on the vanilla models

the small data_enhanced pack whitch is icluded in the file unlock the new expatriate infantry for all nations recruitable in europe and also the
    mitre cap grenadiers for britain.

random pics:

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Great mod!
    Last edited by XxGREAT-BRITAINx; May 25, 2015 at 03:29 PM.
    Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC (24 June 1850 – 5 June 1916), was an Irish-born British Field Marshal and proconsul who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGREAT-BRITAINx View Post
    Great mod!
    ty sir very appreciated ..

atm i `m practising on the db files little bit and thinking about a quick way to make some generic early period units ,more of an placeholder since IS cover that timeline but I´m impatient so i would be more of an placeholder option .
    vanilla offers so much prospects ,its really nearly all there only with an odd combination sometimes .

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Will the Coldstream Guards have special colours so all their clothing looks the same?

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Will the Coldstream Guards have special colours so all their clothing looks the same?

oh the coldstreamers would surely look different but keep in mind I´m a gamer not a moder i will only fill the gap of better then nothing ,as an ambitious historian i know the details of that era but for 100%
    historical accuracy, that what is the beautyfull Imperial Splendour for .they are reasons why that takes them so long because make an 18th century game realistic is horrifying. For a newbish one man show like me it would take three decades

another example , the good old pikeman would be of use too for war of spanish succession timeframe

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Grenadier View Post
    oh the coldstreamers would surely look different but keep in mind I´m a gamer not a moder i will only fill the gap of better then nothing ,as an ambitious historian i know the details of that era but for 100%
    historical accuracy, that what is the beautyfull Imperial Splendour for .they are reasons why that takes them so long because make an 18th century game realistic is horrifying. For a newbish one man show like me it would take three decades

another example , the good old pikeman would be of use too for war of spanish succession timeframe

Have you worked on the United States yet?

Excellent work though it really helps that you changed the general's bodyguard as I hated seeing those same late 17th and early 18th general bodyguards being used in the later part of the game.
    Last edited by jackwei; May 27, 2015 at 01:11 PM.

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

This mod is great! In my opinion, and I suppose a request, it'd be nice to see the British line infantry look like red coats from the 1770's era, that goes for the light infantry too! Also the Grenadiers with bearskins would be a good look!
    Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC (24 June 1850 – 5 June 1916), was an Irish-born British Field Marshal and proconsul who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGREAT-BRITAINx View Post
    This mod is great! In my opinion, and I suppose a request, it'd be nice to see the British line infantry look like red coats from the 1770's era, that goes for the light infantry too! Also the Grenadiers with bearskins would be a good look!
    oh they are so many post SYW mod`s out there for example Imperial Splendour has a great 1770`s onward unit roster for britain . I try too cover 1715 -1756 atm more or less but who knows , what the future will bring .In theory it would be possible via techtree too enable an later era infantry like the marius reforms in rome 1 .thats actually what british line will look in the next update :

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast