Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change turns per year

Default Re: Change turns per year

no you dont have to disable RR, what determines when some units become available can actually be seen in descr_events

(late campaign)

event historic HALF_PLATE_ARMOR
    date 90 110

this means units using partial plate/half plate armors like Imperial Knights will be available after 90 110 turns

also keep in mind that when you do changes to descr_strat and events you must start a new campaign for the changes to take effect

ok thank you , that are quite a lot of dates to change

i have some doubts, it seems impossible to me that they changed the turns per year without changing the events too, gota try the bugfixer

yes, It does seem like a too obvious thing to not consider

yep the events remained unchanged even after selecting 2tpy in the setup

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    no you dont have to disable RR, what determines when some units become available can actually be seen in descr_events

(late campaign)

event historic HALF_PLATE_ARMOR
    date 90 110

this means units using partial plate/half plate armors like Imperial Knights will be available after 90 110 turns
    I hate to necro an old thread, but I have a question. Can anyone explain why there are 2 turn counts for some of the events, (this one for example?) Does it simply mean the HALF_PLATE_ARMOR event would fire both at turn 90, and turn 110?

I went ahead and did the hard work for those who are still interested. Late Campaign only. (Sorry, I'm just not interested in Early era, and how else are we supposed to get to those end game events?)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/nwlni...y_TPY.zip/file

A "descr_events.txt" file tuned to 2 turns per year is included, for those who want historically correct event times for Stainless Steel's default optional 2TPY plugin.

What's that? You think 2TPY is still too fast? A second "desc_events.txt" file tuned to 4 turns per year is also included, for those who don't like their characters dropping like fruit flies, or who want some representation of the 4 seasons. This version is intended to be used with the corresponding script available at the link below.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...h-proper-aging

Why didn't I make one for 12 TPY? Well, are you really going to play beyond 1440-1520 turns for flintlocks to be invented in the 4 TPY version? I don't think so. I make no guarantees this won't ruin the "balance" of your game. The 4TPY version in particular may require a BGR 4 + Gracul AI challenge campaign to slow the player down enough to have any hope of seeing such an event, and even that may be lenient.

Installation:
    -Navigate to mods\SS6.3\data\campaign\late\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    -I recommend backing up your "descr_events.txt", unless you want to reinstall the entire mod should you end up disliking this.
    -Paste the "desc_events.txt" tuned to your desired TPY
    -If using 2TPY, run the "ss_setup.exe", and enable the appropriate plugin

-If using 4TPY, open "descr_strat.txt", set timescale to 0.25
    -You'll also need to modify the ageing script in "campaign_script.txt" for your characters to age appropriately. One can be found in the Resource to which I've linked.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Dauntless07; October 14, 2022 at 08:33 PM.

If I check the 2 turns per year on the new 6.4 (2020) compilation by Gigantus, I understand that my characters will now take two turns to age 1 year, the calendar will still advance at 1 turn per year, and the eras will still come in the same number of turns as before (thus, I won't have to play twice as many turns in order to reach chivalric or gothic units availability).

However, it is not clear to me exactly why checking the 2 turns per year box in the set-up should incorporate a "reduction in settlement income by 25% and halve the religious conversion rate". I see that the description states that this is to "balance the game for 2 turns per year," but I still don't understand why this is needed if production times, events, and eras, still come in the same number of turns as before, the only difference being that my characters age half as fast. A more clear explanation here to would be appreciated, if anyone would care to help.

The reason I ask is because I play with BGRIV, where money is already extremely tight, so I just want a little more clarification about weather it is really necessary to reduce settlement income by 25 percent. I imagine that it is not.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 09, 2022 at 11:01 PM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    The reason I ask is because I play with BGRIV, where money is already extremely tight, so I just want a little more clarification about weather it is really necessary to reduce settlement income by 25 percent. I imagine that it is not.
    It’s absolutely unnecessary for you to be penalized further if you’re playing with BGR4. That mod is designed to make the player poor under default income, so playing with the 2TPY plugin will negatively impact the experience. I would not try it, except if playing on Easy Difficulty, if you’re the sort that doesn’t enjoy fighting endless stacks of knights with militia. It will also lower the King’s Purse a bit, which will let you recruit a couple of extra units to defend yourself.

The better solution in your case is probably to ignore that plugin entirely, and manually modify the ageing script in "campaign_script.txt" to your liking, as I described.
    Last edited by Dauntless07; December 31, 2022 at 12:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12