Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change turns per year

Default Change turns per year

How can I change the turns per year but keep the balance of everything the same.

I really like this mod but it is just depressing to young and up and coming general become an old man in the time I have recruited my army and moved to attack the enemy,not to mention unrealistic and immersion breaking.

thank you

Default Re: Change turns per year

Try setting bugfix compilation of meloo182. Then re- start the campaign and select sub - modes 2 Turns per year. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13723098

Thanks, but does that change anything else? I read changing the turn time messes with the historical events that appear and make them inaccurate

in mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign open descr_strat and change the timescale, i think you have to change it to something like 05.00 to have 2 turns per year, change it to even less if you want even more turns per year

start_date 1100 summer
    end_date 1560 winter
    timescale 1.00 < this number is what you need to change

than edit descr_events so that it fits your timescale, for example if you play with 0.5.00 therefore 2 turns per year than you will have to double the turns til the events happens, an example

original

event historic gunpowder_discovered
    date 140 150

after change

date 280 300

it's important that you change that like i did or you will end up being able to recruit gunpoweder units in 1100s
    Last edited by Dekhatres; April 29, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    in mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign open descr_strat and change the timescale, i think you have to change it to something like 05.00 to have 2 turns per year, change it to even less if you want even more turns per year

start_date 1100 summer
    end_date 1560 winter
    timescale 1.00 < this number is what you need to change

than edit descr_events so that it fits your timescale, for example if you play with 05.00 therefore 2 turns per year than you will have to double the turns til the events happens, an example

original

date 140 150

after change

date 280 300

it's important that you change that like i did or you will end up being able to recruit gunpoweder units in 1100s
    Great but does that not mean I would need to change the number of turns available to attain the victory objectives? I mean the campaign has 450 turns, I mean I don't mind playing a lot of turns, but to attain victory, do I have to play until no turns left or does the victory screen appear as soon as I have the victory conditions? Its been awhile since I played this game.

Quote Originally Posted by zsajak View Post
    Great but does that not mean I would need to change the number of turns available to attain the victory objectives? I mean the campaign has 450 turns, I mean I don't mind playing a lot of turns, but to attain victory, do I have to play until no turns left or does the victory screen appear as soon as I have the victory conditions? Its been awhile since I played this game.
    victory screen appears when you achieve the victory conditions

no the number of turns available will not change, if you want to increase that you have to change the end_date, change it to something like 9560 and never bother about turns left
    Last edited by Dekhatres; April 29, 2015 at 02:19 PM.

ok good thanks, should I change this manually or apply the bugfix compilation ? Is there any difference in what it does compared to doing it manually, just concerning the turns per year?

"1 year will take 2 turns, land devastation by enemy armies is back, settlement income reduced to 3/4 and religion conversion is halved"

Thats from the bugfix compilation, what does that mean exactly ?

Quote Originally Posted by zsajak View Post
    ok good thanks, should I change this manually or apply the bugfix compilation ? Is there any difference in what it does compared to doing it manually, just concerning the turns per year?

"1 year will take 2 turns, land devastation by enemy armies is back, settlement income reduced to 3/4 and religion conversion is halved"

Thats from the bugfix compilation, what does that mean exactly ?
    check those two files i told you to edit and see if everything is alright, i mean if the timescale fits the events date

means that if now it's 1200 you need to click end turn 2 times before it's 1201, when an army sits in an enemy teritory they will cause devastation to that province wich will reduce the income of the settlement that controls that province the bigger the army the more devastation, if a huge army of an enemy factions sits on your teritory for a while you will see "Devastation" in the income part of the settlement details, i dont know how big devastation can get with the bugfixer but in other mods i've seen high levels of devastation causing settlements to drain income, example: a village that used to generate 200 denars now with huge devastation it generates -300, settlement income reduced and religion conversion halved (harder to convert) i think are pretty self explanatory

ok good , thank you

ok it's not big, i will check the bugfixer now

Yes I applied the bugfixer and checked the descr_events s file it says for example still

gunpowder_discovereddate 140 150

So I assume I have to double the value for all the events ?

i've cheked it and everything is set corectly to be 1 turn per year so yeah you will have to do the changes i mentioned in my 1st post

first things first, how many turns per year do you want ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    first things first, how many turns per year do you want ?

I think I'l try 2 and see how it goes before anything more

ok
    1. Go to descr_strat find "timescale" and change it from 1.00 to 0.5.00
    2. Double the date of all events in descr_events

The bugfix changes the timescale to 0.50 when applying 2tpy in the ss setup , just does not change the events dates aparently

i will give you another further example

4 turns per year:
    change timescale from 1.00 to 0.25.00
    multiply by 4 all dates in descr_events

i've just tested 0.5.00 and it works i guess it works either way

Yes, thanks, do I have to disable real recruitment in order for it to be balanced correctly when using more turns per year?

let me check some things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast