Thread: (request) Less combat animations

Default (request) Less combat animations

I was wondering if it was possible to remove combat animations and kill animations from the game, so soldiers will use the most basic attack motions which don't collide with one another when they perform it.

I can't tell if anyones attempted this, I see some people suggesting more kill animations, but I find I can barely see what happens in the mosh pit either way, so I believe if all animations are two or three basic cut or thrust attacks that don't collide with other soldiers or cause too much movement among the fighters, then it should reduce some of the collision between other units performing their own attack animations.

In addition, I wondered if anyone had change the Posture of the soldiers in combat. When not in combat, they stand with straight backs, but I don't like that they hunch over so much, I can understand to spread their legs in order to have a larger base so they wouldn't be toppled over so easily, but the curved spine just doesn't look right when used on mass.

Edit: One last addition, can someone please remove the thrown spears that get stuck in shields and helmets? That also looks awful.
    Last edited by TR00PER7; April 28, 2015 at 04:13 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: (request) Less combat animations

Animations are just so hard to do. I don't know anyone who is doing new animations. I know it requires Maya and 3DS max.

I solve the problems mentioned by lowering the number of men in a unit.