Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: So lets talk about Warhammer...

Default Re: So lets talk about Warhammer...

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    For what I've read, End Times is just their "bridge of lore" to justify the jump from their more standard old editions to the completelly new thing they are making (aka "9th edition"), and to have an excuse to kill half of the characters (=current miniatures) in the game and get rid of their inconvenient map design, so that new edition, if I got it right, is not actually set in the End Times events but after it.

I would not rule out that "before End Times" ended up meaning "immediatly before End Times", and that they used its cataclysmic events as some kind of climatic Grand Finale for the campaigns, or even as its major story theme. Althought the fact (or rumour?) that the "campaign map" does not even exist anymore after End Times and that therefore it would not be possible to adapt it to TW (at least in the current form of Total War) and I have to admit could be an argument against all this.

As for the new army collections, well its rumored that there are only 6 armies in total with 3 subarmies each, and The Empire and Dwarves (which are different factions in TW:WH) would in theory be part of the same faction in the new edition. The rumours speak of the following unified factions:

1) Chaos : Demons + Beasts + Mortals
    2) Elves (Dark Elves, High Elves, Wood Elves)
    3) Empire (Humans, Dwarves & Ogres)
    4) Undead (Vampire counts & Tomb Kings)
    5) Orcs and Goblins (majorly unchanged)
    6) Skavens (majorly unchanged)

I honestly hope we get some decent (in-game) info at or before E3. It would be weird to have released the cinematic teaser and not say a word of the game for so long.
    Agreed, and I'd guess we'll get at least a rally point sometime eventually.

The End Times stuff does unfortunately seem made largely for business purposes, but I hope the game isn't centered around it (not even sure how they'd introduce the supermassive beasts like glottkin). Well, maybe it'd be nice if you could center around it, but also turn it off with mods if it isn't fun after the first 3 times

Here's some new information that they will be showing it to press at least, it appears: http://www.videogamer.com/pc/total_w..._e3_booth.html

Showing it only to the press is like not showing it at all as far as I'm concerned. Why do I need a journalist telling me what he saw, when I'm going to see it later anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Showing it only to the press is like not showing it at all as far as I'm concerned. Why do I need a journalist telling me what he saw, when I'm going to see it later anyway.
    Yeah it's a bit stupid, they're probably trying to see how the press at least is going to take it, and adjust accordingly. Rome 2 had screenshots soon after announcement. Not this though apparently. bleh.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Actually, they often give the press permission to speak about it. The same thing happened a few weeks ago with Star Wars Battlefront 3 and although they could not show any gameplay, the guys at Gamespot spoke in quite some detail about it (and gave it a surprisingly honest decent bashing, so we might get some unpolluted info after all, something that we definatelly can't expect from a Rally Point episode)

We might as well get some kind of cinematic "in-engine" trailer or at least a few screenshots. I doubt they let the hype slowly die through the summer. Three more months of completelly uninformed speculations could actually be counterproductive for them . (a lot of overinflated expectations might get crushed under the relentless foot of dissappointment).
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; May 07, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

But that's what I'm saying, what do I care what Gamespot saw and thinks about it, I'm gonna see it myself and form my own opinion, and then I'm gonna scour the internet to see other opinions and angles.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Hah, well, that's what left for us the poor proletariat. We have no option but to exercise patience and delight with the olive pits and bread crumbs our noblest and most generous patricians allow us to taste

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Here's some new information that they will be showing it to press at least, it appears: http://www.videogamer.com/pc/total_w..._e3_booth.html
    Give me leaks!!!!!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Well at least we might get some info on sub-factions and how magic/monsters work in game. Maybe an idea of the campaign map too.

Quote Originally Posted by Henchman#24 View Post
    Well at least we might get some info on sub-factions and how magic/monsters work in game. Maybe an idea of the campaign map too.
    Anything would be good at this point, they really have dropped off the map after they answered a few questions a few weeks ago.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789