Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pass

Default Pass

I am a dyed-in-the-wool TW fan since the original Shogun came out eons ago. I will be passing on WarHammer as it diverts from the original scheme. Call it what you want but don't put "TW" after the title. This just disgraces the entire pantheon of TW games that came before. I, for one, will wait for Medieval-3

Default Re: Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Hal View Post
    I am a dyed-in-the-wool TW fan since the original Shogun came out eons ago. I will be passing on WarHammer as it diverts from the original scheme. Call it what you want but don't put "TW" after the title. This just disgraces the entire pantheon of TW games that came before. I, for one, will wait for Medieval-3
    I've been with TW since Shogun too. Total War never said "history" before the title, it just how it played out over 15 years. CA even approached GW in 2005/2006 to make a WArhammer game. Trying to grab the "we da real TW fans" really doesn't work when so many other long time TW fans agree with me, and even if they didn't, CA never ever said TW is only historical.

TL/DR: k, thx for ur opinion.

Hopefully some mod can sticky this thread so all these types of posts can appear in the same place.

Senator

ok.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I said exactly the same when they treacherously abandoned the feudal japanese setting back in 2002, diverting from the original scheme to make that insulting abomination they dared name Medieval TOTAL WAR. And what about abandoning our beloved risk style campaign map for a 3d one worthy of the most unloyal fashion victim...

A truly preposterous disgrace. Shameful display.

Also, the books were MILES better.

A post would have sufficed for your views.

Tedious attention seekers. You'd think TW games were some sort of complex Historical simulator.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

I saw some strawberry ice cream today. I didn't fancy it, so I walked into the shop and made it clear my displeasure that despite them still having chocolate on sale that they were producing strawberry ice cream now.

I Just screamed out PASS! And pointed stupidly mouthing inanities at the abomination that is strawberry ice cream.

I'm doing this right, aren't I? I like this mentality.

I'm just so sad for you people, who dont want to try something new. We all know how 'hardcore' you are about your 'historical' games, we heard it so many times. But seriously, it's enough, we freaking get it, you dont have to throw it at our faces constanly. I wasn't excited about Atilla, or even Rome 2, it was never my cup of tea (and I also played TW since the original Shogun), but I didn't constantly complain about it.

Just realise that we dont care, and I think CA doesn't care a whole lot either, because they are expanding their fan base (big time). I can understand that you are worried because the game might be a complete bust, I am too, but this way you can be worried for every game ever made, just take Rome 2 for example, and look what it did to the franchise. You will still get your historical games, they said it already, so cant you be patient?

Actually, Warhammer is the only setting that CA has used that actually deserves the descriptor "Total War". None of the periods covered in previous TW games meet the definition of actual "total war", with the debatable exception of Napoleon.

So, I demand that CA retroactively withdraw the "Total War" name from all previous Total War games. They will henceforth be known as the "Limited War" series. "Medieval 2: Limited War" has a nice ring to it.
    Last edited by Boyar'sNephew; May 13, 2015 at 07:23 PM.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar'sNephew View Post
    They will henceforth be known as the "Limited War" series. "Medieval 2: Limited War" has a nice ring to it.
    That would actually be quite more descriptive given the engine with which the games are made.

O lord we are gonna be hearing this bile from miserable "historical" fans until the trilogy is completed aren't we?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

"This just disgraces the entire pantheon of TW games that came before."

.I just want to emphasize the fact that an actual human being wrote this.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Honestly, the classic Warhammer world quite interests me after all. I give credit to the warhammer fans that gave time on presenting and discussing about the world of warhammer in the forum.

Can't wait to see some gameplay footage on this one, heck a screenshot would be enough for me too. Hopefully CA could pull this one off, especially for the Warhammer fans.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm passing because I'm not a Warhammer fan. Unlike some here, I have nothing against fantasy-based TW titles. They only reason I'd get it is if a mod I wanted to play was made for it. I got Medieval 2 and Kingdoms for that reason, although said mod (Conan: Total War) was eventually abandoned. I don't think I've played even 10 turns in M2.

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

Another "one of those guys" again

This just disgraces the entire pantheon of TW games that came before. I, for one, will wait for Medieval-3
    Oh the drama! You have to wait maybe two years for the next historic TW! Wanna have a

Cya then.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar'sNephew View Post
    So, I demand that CA retroactively withdraw the "Total War" name from all previous Total War games. They will henceforth be known as the "Limited War" series. "Medieval 2: Limited War" has a nice ring to it.
    haha indeed!
    Last edited by PonySlaystation; May 14, 2015 at 03:33 AM.
    Ferrum Noricum

TEAM SKAVEN
    TEAM DARK ELVES
    TEAM TOMB KINGS

Henceforth they shall be called the Woehammers.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Hmm I think the foray into Warhammer will be quite entertaining, either CA will get it right and it will be a lighthearted fun game with all manner of strange things happening or they will get it wrong and there will be even more strange things happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Hmm I think the foray into Warhammer will be quite entertaining, either CA will get it right and it will be a lighthearted fun game with all manner of strange things happening or they will get it wrong and there will be even more strange things happening.
    Yes, just like Rome 2.

I won't rage or scream or laugh at you, but I still struggle to understand the purpose of your thread.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion and nobody will ever force you to play this game if you don't like it. I think you are actually welcome to discuss why you're not excited for this game. But please develop you point and explain your arguments.

So far, your only points were as follows:

A/ I am the biggest TW fan ever, and have been since the very first game (are you implying that a player that just discovered TW is too stupid and naive to discuss the game?) and therefore I feel like this gaming franchise belongs to me.
    B/ Since I have intellectual ownership over this franchise, I can therefore proclaim that TW Warhammer isn't worthy of the title (a disgrace to the pantheon of TW games no less) and that only a purely historical game should be called a TW game.

Instead, you could have said "after R2TW, I no longer trust CA and its games", or "I think Warhammer is too complex for a TW game" or "I'm afraid GW will screw up the game with their stupid decisions lately", or any other valid argument to start a meaningful conversation on the feasibility of this game.

A shame really.
    Last edited by Aikanár; May 14, 2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: off-topic (personal reference)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Im also a long time fan and have bought all tw games with the exception of Attila which I will buy on the next steam sale if the price has dropped and I will buy Warhammer Total War. It makes no sense to create a thread just to say you wont buy the game and the fact you are a fan of the previous games makes no difference at all.

I would love and eagerly buy it if they put a new engine with it, without that I dont care if its Total War every battle like ever total war. PASS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast