Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Dornish and Riverland Rosters Preview in OP

2.0 is not out yet, no.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Dornish and Riverland Rosters Preview in OP

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Shhh, don't ruin it for me.

Any Idea what the next roster reveal is gonna be, Thrawn?
    The next (and final) video will contain the Breakland factions (actually the second ones I did, but I could never fit them into an earlier video), and an amalgamation of Mercs, Faith Millitant, and Rhoynar (and maybe Night's Watch, though their roster will be very limited). After that there's still tons of writing, scripting, balancing, and image-editing to do (not to mention bug fixing), but none of its really "preview worthy". Still, its coming along nicely and I should announce a closed beta kinda-sorta soonish (depending on how much help I get).

Speaking of which, if you want to see this come out sooner, we need:
    -Unit Balancers
    -Unit Info Image Creators
    -Writers (Unit/House descriptions)

If you have any of these skills and want to help (or want your name on a big project, or want a big project on your resume ), please PM me!

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Cool, so this is being actively developed again, nice!

I might be able to offer some assistance at some stage seeing as our styles seem to be roughly in sync (Y)

By the way, here are the Mercenary (and miscellaneous) rosters I'm thinking about adding. I'd love to hear your feedback on them:

Rhoynar:

Rhoynar Phalanx (basically hoplites)
    Rhoynar Peltasts (heavy skirmishers)
    Rhoynar Companions (heavy cav)

Other:

Merchants (mediocre men at arms, can only be recruited in major towns and cities, basically good for a last-second defense) +

Sellswords:

Sellswords (just guys with swords/shields, no pikemen or crossbowmen) - Recruit in any Andal region
    Freeriders (light merc cav) - Recruit in any Andal region
    Hedge Knights (heavy merc cav, good morale) - Recruit in any Andal region
    Stone Crows (already shown in Vale preview) +
    Burned Men (already shown in Vale preview)+
    Black Ears (already shown in Vale preview)+
    Aldal Warriors (armored sword infantry) - Recruit on the Vale and Northern coasts (only to Andal factions)
    Ghiscari Exiles (elite pike phalanx) - Recruit on Dornish and Stormland coasts
    Valyrian Crossbowmen - Recruit on Dornish, Breakland, and Stormland coasts
    Narrow Sea Pirates (light swords) - Recruit in any Narrow Sea port
    Wildling Raiders (crummy spear infantry) - Recruit in the high north

Faith Militant:

Poor Fellows - Recruit in the Riverlands (only Andal factions)
    Warrior's Sons - Recruit in the Riverlands (only Andal factions)
    Strangers (gnarly "fear" cavalry with scythes and skull masks, though I'll admit I'm hesitant about adding these guys) - Recruit in the Riverlands (only Andal factions)

Dragnoov's Avatar Libertus

When you put the download?

They all sound good but I feel as though the first man factions will have a very hard time. Especially when you consider that Blackwood is surrounded by Andals who can hire mercenaries on top of having common cause against them.

Just understanding the taboo of the Stranger, who is by far the least acknowledged of the seven, I'm not sure making them a unit would be a great idea. They sound awesome though!

A couple of suggestions however:

Night's Watch deserters: VERY limited recruitment and replenishment, and possibly reduce your chivalry for recruiting them, but this way you could use your existing NW roster and help the Northerners get some more merc options. Maybe even have it so the Starks cannot recruit them. But what is worse? Hiring deserters or raiders?

Old Men: When the winters come and food is scarce, it was said sometimes men would go on 'hunting trips' to never return so that their families can eat more. Perhaps turn this concept into a mercenary option for the North? A bunch of men with ok stats, little armor, but an almost unbreakable morale because they already gave up everything to save their families, and their only goal in life is to die so their family can eat, or at least not consume their winter stores.

And if I'm not mistaken, many of the Rhoynyar were women, correct? Are you going to reflect this in their models?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnoov View Post
    When you put the download?
    Give it a few months. He's not close to finishing.

Yeah i'd say that the first men need some more options. maybe something like the harbingers of the old gods from KORAH or maybe greenseers that work similar to the drowned men.

Hmmm, as I recall there really aren't many mercenaries in the North (though they will have access to some mountain-clan and possibly pirate mercs). Maybe I'll create some Ironborn mercs too? I may extend the regular sellswords recruitment into the Riverlands though, as I doubt guys like Bronn would care about his employer's religion. Finally, I was thinking about maybe having specific "merc recruitment" areas, where you can send a general and come back with a bunch of mercs. Maybe I'll add annother Stepstone and have a ton of mercs recruitable there?

It just felt as though there are a lot of Andal Only mercs, but none for First Men or Iron Born. If they have access to mountain clan mercs and pirates, then that's ok, but they weren't on the list. And I don't really see much evidence to show that there aren't sellswords in the North so much as Robb doesn't seem to hire many.

I like the idea of there being some sort of religious Old Gods unit though. Recruitable by First Men only in First Man recruitment regions. Maybe Green Men? They could just be re-textured Drowned Men with earthy green robes and white clubs.

I think Mountain Clansmen, skirmishers/cav maybe axemen would be good for the North.

Wilding raiders could be cool, it is not like the Kings in the North have never teamed up with wildings before, and my enemy's enemy and all that...

A First Men only religious Unit would be awesome as well, the I think it is enough.

And I think a really heavy merc recruitment area on the stepstones is a cool idea, but I do not think it will be very balanced in the game, there are enough mercs as is.

I can see a summer release admiral! Shall we raise the banners?

When the time comes to call the banners, you'll know .

As for mercs, you're probably right about the Stepstones idea... I'm not really sure what to do for an Old Gods unit, but maybe I'll figure something out... I don't want to just have them be crummy Drowned Men.

Admiral you must add an Old Gods unit if you can but not as mercs..

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I've started playing a bit with this mod recently. I'm in love. Such detail, so much work has been put into this mod. Gorgeous map and unit models. A pleasure, thank you AdmiralThrawn

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Are you going to have siege artillery in this mod this time around? Not gunpowder cannons, of course, but what about ballistas and catapults? Did those not exist in Westeros in the ASOIF novels?

Fantastic work, by the way. I want to rep you, but I can't for the next 24 hours, it says.

I think the general consensus with Westeros mods is that while artillery does exist (Robert used it in the battle for Pyke and the Frey refuses to use them on Riverrun), sieges are much more common than laying waste to castles. Westerosi Lords seem more inclined to starve a castle out for years than break it because they aren't very good at making new ones it seems.

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Hello all friends. We spoke in PMs with one of mod authors and I got a permission to make win conditions submod for Age of Petty Kings 1.0 version.

You can download it from here
    https://yadi.sk/d/6wi1IyrShPePe
    Its just win_conditions txt for world/maps/campaign

It makes win conditions for Age of Petty Kings main campaign.
    Each faction now must capture 25 provinces in short campaign and 70 provinces in big campaign.
    This submod is only for campaign lovers and for people, who likes to see "Victory" information list after long battles )))

Thanks to the team (especially bertio5)! and thanks all!

Regards Alex

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    I think the general consensus with Westeros mods is that while artillery does exist (Robert used it in the battle for Pyke and the Frey refuses to use them on Riverrun), sieges are much more common than laying waste to castles. Westerosi Lords seem more inclined to starve a castle out for years than break it because they aren't very good at making new ones it seems.
    Yeah, but there's also the issue that dragging trebuchets with you on campaign is kinda ridiculous. That being said, I am thinking about adding some. It would make the campaign a lot faster, and make it much more feasible to storm through castles (especially seeing as I've added like 70+ new castles in 2.0. Do people want this?

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Been playing this lately and all I can say that it is a great mod, can't wait for the new patch + rep

I think yes. I would really like to see trebuchets