Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Unit Cards preview on Page 5

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    The problem with what you are proposing is that the troops in the castle are unique to the entire region. It wouldn't make sense for, say, Tywin Lannister to recruit Riverland troops after taking a single castle. That being said, I've divided up the recruitment regions such that, if you conquer the Osgrey castles north of the Mander, you can recruit Osgrey troops without having to entirely conquer Gardener. That should make things a bit nicer.
    You are right Admiral!

Maybe gonna change the marrying system in mod?

Because there is no bloody meaning for the factions who are bond by marriage,
    To fight each other after few turns of their new alliance..

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Honestly there's only so much I can change from the M2TW engine in the time I have, so I'm focusing on what I feel are the most important elements and shooting for a release this summer. Still, anyone is free to submod AOPK so if people want all these requested features they need only make them .

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

I want fully playable sea battles and 40 factions + 21 rebel factions. Did I mention 256 units in the game and 20,001 campaign map models?

Last edited by Maniatis1453; May 26, 2015 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Honestly there's only so much I can change from the M2TW engine in the time I have, so I'm focusing on what I feel are the most important elements and shooting for a release this summer. Still, anyone is free to submod AOPK so if people want all these requested features they need only make them .
    Certainly you're right!
    Of course it is not the most important thing for the game,
    And the M2TW engine sucks!

I know that you doing the best you can in the least possible time,
    And the most important thing is that Summer is Coming..

Summer is coming for you. I'll be working.

You'll get your with with the 250+ units though. They won't all be "unique" (every faction has levies), but the final version should have close to 300 units.

this and armour upgrades should be awesome... having some unarmored militia upgrading to mail armour and fancy helmets would be awesome

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Ironborn and Vale Preview in OP

Unfortunately, like I said earlier, having those sort of features is unfeasible for this project seeing as it currently contains hundreds of units in over different 40 rosters.

The good news, though, is that I've just posted a preview for the Vale and Ironborn (in the OP), and I've already finished the Riverland rosters. At this point I just need to finish Dorne, do some major unit re-balencing, and we'll be well on our way to completion. Definitely expect a release in early summer.

Admiral you are blessed by the Old_Gods and The_New

Hey admiral!!!
    I recently watched the modders on modding video on youtube and you seem like a awesome guy Thankyou for putting effort into this mod and I can't wait until release as it eases the wait for version 1.0 of westeros TW.
    Appreciate all the work and Great job!!
    EDIT: Just want to know if the mod is set during the early phases of the andal colonisation\conquest or before (after the long night during the age of heroes) Just out of pure interest.
    Last edited by trooper007; May 29, 2015 at 08:10 AM.

Trooper, the mod takes place during the Andal's conquest of Westeros. The Andals, and thus The Seven, have conquered all of the south and have pushed the first men into the Riverlands which are divided. Its more around the time of Nymeria's landing than the Age of Heroes.

Okay, so only recently the andals landed? and have taken the reach, westerlands, stormlands and the vale? Okay I get it now Thanks for the info man, really appreciate it
    Last edited by trooper007; May 29, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Awesome! You are doing a spectacular job.

Happy new Month Admiral & all the Thrawn_Team of AOPK!!!

Where have I been lately. I totally missed playing MTW2 for about a year now. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Wow, almost 9 years of forum creeping before first post. You sir, deserve a medal.

I actually forgot I had this account.

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Dornish and Riverland Rosters Preview in OP

Shhh, don't ruin it for me.

Any Idea what the next roster reveal is gonna be, Thrawn?

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Dornish and Riverland Rosters Preview in OP

Just to be clear, nothing for 2.0 has been release right? I am about to d/l 1.0.