Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Huge Battle Preview in OP

We could use all the help we can get, especially on building chains! PM sent!

Hey did you get my response?
    Sorry ive never pm'ed anyone on here before actually ><

Hello rj2long!
    I was very pleased that someone decided to take the part of creating family trees in Admirals mod.
    I believe that make the mod more realistic because is boring to have just a general in map,
    Who dies and leaves nothing behind him.
    But if you have an entire family behind him and sons to caring of his name and legacy,
    With a castle and a family story it seems to me more accurate to the history of Westeros.

But in the KORAH mob if you ever played,
    The marriages is a a problem and often seeing minor families dying.
    Because they don't marrying with each other or with someone new person added from the script.
    I would like to ask you if is possible to fix that?

Thank you for your effort!!!

At the moment I believe most generals have sons, and games rarely last more than 2 generations so I think it should be fixed. That being said, as with all potential features, if anyone wants to write a character-adding script they're welcome to .

Quote Originally Posted by Maniatis1453 View Post
    Hello rj2long!
    I was very pleased that someone decided to take the part of creating family trees in Admirals mod.
    I believe that make the mod more realistic because is boring to have just a general in map,
    Who dies and leaves nothing behind him.
    But if you have an entire family behind him and sons to caring of his name and legacy,
    With a castle and a family story it seems to me more accurate to the history of Westeros.

But in the KORAH mob if you ever played,
    The marriages is a a problem and often seeing minor families dying.
    Because they don't marrying with each other or with someone new person added from the script.
    I would like to ask you if is possible to fix that?

Thank you for your effort!!!
    I agree, family trees for all the houses really adds to the whole family and legacy themes of asoaif.

As to the other part there are traits that generals can get to increase chances of having children, but besides that i'm not sure what you could do. i'm by no means an experienced modder, so their could be a way to keep the family bloodlines going that i don't know about but i did add a lot of children so that should keep them going a while.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by rj2long View Post
    As to the other part there are traits that generals can get to increase chances of having children, but besides that i'm not sure what you could do. i'm by no means an experienced modder, so their could be a way to keep the family bloodlines going that i don't know about but i did add a lot of children so that should keep them going a while.
    The number of children/family members you can have is decided by how many settlements a faction has, this creates the scenario where +fertility traits actually add very little, if anything. If a faction is below its threshold it will get a child or if there is an unmarried woman, marriage offers until she is married.

Also, I could use some input: should House Stark start the game with the Mountain Clans under their control? Basically they consist of five or six holdfasts up in the winding mountains, all somewhat lightly held and with minimal recruitment possibilities. I'm thinking that it would be wiser to have them start the game as rebels, and Stark and Umber can then fight over them. Also, it would be more balanced considering that Stark is already pretty powerful, and giving them 5 more (admittedly weak) castles would be a bit OP. Your thoughts?

Honestly, im kinda down for the rebel situation. i havnt really seen what balton does now that sunderland isnt harassing it, but unless they step up there game stark always wins so far for me ><.

That was !.0 though ;].

Plus I personally like rebel territories, only because you never know who will end up with them, and i like to never know what gunna happen ><. also then i can sail up there with some random faction, and then conquer the north haha. Although you can prolly do that with Skagos

Yeah I would say make it rebel. Should make games a little more unpredictable.

yeah rebel,lets say that the clansmen didnt serve the starks back then and much later the starks brought them under their control,also did you listen my suggestion for lonely light?

I think rebel would be the best. It adds some uncertainty to the whole situation up there.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Honestly, you could make them empty settlements. They seem to respect 'diplomatic' approaches to their people and they seem to like bigger lords touring their villages for loyalty. It would be a cool way around the lore, if not a little easy to exploit, if your generals walking in the settlements will count as having eaten enough of their food to be taken into the fold, and for more advanced features, spawn the appropriate flint and pinecone general that would be associated with that settlement.

If not, go for the rebels. It gives the Starks and Umbers to fight over something without breaking their alliance.

Yeah, I'll probably just make them rebels. It gives the Starks something to do if they don't bumrush the Three Sisters alongside everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenSenpai View Post
    yeah rebel,lets say that the clansmen didnt serve the starks back then and much later the starks brought them under their control,also did you listen my suggestion for lonely light?
    That I did, Lonely-Light is now in-game.

Edit: Here is the new start-menu map. I'll probably personalize it so the different factions light up when selected.

Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; May 11, 2015 at 07:26 PM.

Can't seem to find where to Download this mod any links? and do i need something els installed before i can run this?

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

You forgot Ghaston Grey!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rovdyr740 View Post
    Can't seem to find where to Download this mod any links? and do i need something els installed before i can run this?
    2.0 hasn't released yet, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    You forgot Ghaston Grey!!!!!
    Ah, seems I did .

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Are you gonna keep recruitment by banners in castles? So stark only recruit and refill their men in winterfell, if you have units of other houses you need to retrain them in their respective castles?

Admiral do you have any news about the progress of the mod?

Please man..

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Are you gonna keep recruitment by banners in castles? So stark only recruit and refill their men in winterfell, if you have units of other houses you need to retrain them in their respective castles?
    Not anymore, I've gotten rid of house-specific levies due to M2TW hard coded limits. However, I've added lots of new recruitment regions (~3-5 castles each) so, say, wolfswood units can only be retrained in the wolfswood, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniatis1453 View Post
    Admiral do you have any news about the progress of the mod?

Please man..
    I'm currently in the process of making all the text bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    2.0 hasn't released yet, sorry.

Got any ETA on it? like are we talking end summer, Q4 ect

ps. keep up the good job